Thread: Thank you

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world

Thank you

Hi girls
    I've only been a member of the forum for a couple of days now, but in such a short space of time I've learnt so much about myself and who I really am the past 48 hours have been really confusing for me but I think I'm finally excepting that everything is pointing to the fact I may be a woman in a mans body. I'm still in a confused state but at the same time everything is becoming clearer (I don't know if that makes sense). I'm still not ready to come out of the closet but I feel the time is approaching. I really hate the fact that I'm keeping something that's a massive part of who I am from my SO she doesn't deserve to be lied to like this. I'm sorry I'm blubbing, again thank you girls for helping and supporting me in discovering who I really am.
    Love you all xxx

Banned Read only
    Thats a very cute post Melanie, I feel the same as you about this forum!

Banned Read only
    Hi Melanie, I'm glad the forum is helping you with self realization and there's lot of advice on coming out to your SO here as well ☺

Silver Member
    Melanie - Welcome to this site and thank you for sharing your feelings. We all benefit from each other.

Gold Member
    Melanie; Welcome to the forum, This is a very friendly place.
    You can learn a lot of information here. I know I have.
    Years ago, when I first came across the forum, I thought that
    I was the only pebble on the beach, that is a guy wanting to wear
    female clothes. Now I under stand what is going on, and that I
    am not alone in this world. There are many out there like me
    wanting and doing the same thing.
    I am still in the "Closet", but I do under dress every day.
    Rader

I have only been on a few months and I feel exactly the same. This has been another huge step in me accepting me...and that is most important! Welcome and I look forward to you growing along with me.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Before you do anything rash, give yourself some time to come to grips with these new feelings. You don't want to end up telling your wife something that was incubated in the midst of the Pink Fog™. But wonderful that this forum has helped you so much.

Believe me I know that feeling about sneaking out of the closet.

I came out to myself and admitted to myself that I was transgender almost a year ago, and I came out to my wife about six months ago. It turned out to be the best thing I ever did for myself. I am far happier than I have ever been, and healthier than I have been since my twenties.

Non-binary/Questioning
    I suggest doing a web search for 'transgender resources' and check out a number of those pages for more information on trans identity and issues. This forum is a very tiny slice of the web and most of the real knowledge you will need will likely be found out there. Good luck!

Hello and Welcome.
    I'm glad to hear we've helped you sort through some things. This forum is really good for that. Remember, this is a journey of self discovery. It's a long road, but you travel it in good company.

Hi Melanie so glad you like it here. And a big wecome to you.
    Angie

Hi Melanie,

I think your feelings of acceptance and the exuberance of finding what appears to be so many like you can be quite overwhelming at first... it's not uncommon and it can be a feeling of very girly euphoria - which is great that you feel so positive, but take your time over absorbing where you are, discovering more about yourself and what it really means to you...

What I'm saying is: you've been experiencing this in some form for 20+ years - now you feel that you're not alone and you see so many similar stories and feelings from 'experienced' girls and this may mean much, much more... or it may not.

Take your time with this - try not to be lured into any hasty or radical departures from your normal state... If you've taken this long getting here, a few more days and weeks won't make that much difference and if you have really discovered something deep, well, perhaps just take a bit of time savouring that exploration... I would counsel that a little patience would help you understand more without pitching into something too rash and life-changing...

So... Keep Calm & Carry On!

It's still great that you feel so positive...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

katey, you are dead right, when I discovered this forum there was so much I needed to find out and do and in retrospect what you are saying could not be better advice, since then I stepped back a bit and now I take things slower and let time evolve. Melanie you will find great help and support amongst all of us, you will discover much and experience much as well as enjoying the progression of contentment which I hope you will find, go for it girl!