Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: does CD'ing make you a nicer person?

The short answer is yes. My coffee buddy says that he much prefers me when I am presenting as Carole. I know that I am much calmer when I am driving, I pay more attention to what other people are saying and I am more careful in my responses. In other words, I am trying to emulate the characteristics that I admire in women.
    Hugs, Carole

Interesting analog -- if you are someone who wears a uniform (cop, firefighter, soldier,) do you act differently when you're wearing the uniform than when in civilian clothes? If you're a businessman, do you act differently when you're in the three-piece suit than on casual day? When you're wearing a tux, do you act differently than when you're in shorts and a t-shirt? I'd like to think I'm always me, but when considering those analogous situations I have to admit I'm probably different.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Robin yes I do find my attitude is better and calmer while dressed, be it full makeup and all or not. I thought about this just yesterday thinking could this be chemical reaction. I think maybe so yes it's true for me

I don't think my personality change significantly when I am en femme. However, I do believe that personally accepting my CDing has made me a more empathetic (and therefore nicer person). I also find CDers (at least those who socialize) in general to be more sensitive and caring than the general populace.

I don't know about CDing, but I'm a nicer person when I'm doing something I love. The world looks sunnier, I'm happier, and the day-to-day cares are temporarily shelved ... except when someone interrupts in which case I feel conflict, whether or not this shows up in my behaviors.
    Reine

Junior Member Marie-Claude, France's Avatar
    Yes, it does. People say, Marie-Claude smiles much more than her male counterpart, and she is more tolerant and forgiving. Yes, definitely.
    Reading the Gradus ad Parnassum from Johann Fux

it can only make one "nicer" if there is "nice" to begin with! a ribbon on manure is still... well you know!
    it surely has a calming and mellowing affect on me. i think i'm much more happy, friendly, courteous and patient...
    paula

Am I nicer? Na I'm still a pr*@#!. If I don't like you I still don't like you no matter how I'm dressed. Yes I have calmed way down and have opened up to others feelings and emotions. I have learned acceptance through my own realization and acceptance of myself. I do ignore the small and closed minded more now than I did before I would go out into the world.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    I'm still the same person when presenting either gender, but being a CD in the first place makes me behave, act, and react differently than your average non CDing male. So yes, I think it has made me a nicer person, no matter how I look.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I am always happier when"Terri" so I guess that would also make me a nicer person.

I do believe I am a nicer person as Kandi, but I don't believe it is directly related to being dressed. What I find about myself when dressed is that my inhibitions fall by the wayside. This does not mean I do unreasonable things, but what it does do is allow me to be much friendlier, more outgoing and seek connections and interactions much more freely. I mean, it is blatantly obvious that I'm a guy in a dress, which is a very open form of honesty, which makes laying it all out there much easier. I find honesty to be the real key to making friends en femme (and I guess in general anyway).

To answer your question, just because you are calmer and more accepting when dressed does not define you as TG or not. I mean, what kind of hypocrite would we be to be judgmental of other's idiosyncrasies when we have so much trouble explaining ours?

Any room on that couch, Robin?
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I'm the same nice person dressed or not. But I'm much happier dressed up Robin
    Angie

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    I'm not sure if crossdressing has made me nicer, but I think it's certainly given me a heightened awareness and empathy for issues in society that, like crossdressing, come in for abuse and ridicule from time to time. I think it's made me more open to seeing the other point of view.

I think it makes me more open, more sensitive, and a better person....I used to feel I hated it and now I think it might be a blessing...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

I am more relaxed when dressed in female clothes it does make me a nicer person

In my younger days it made me more appreciative and considerate towards women.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    I think it does make me a nicer or maybe more understanding person, I don't subscribe to the theory it is just clothes and dressing, for me it is a state of mind, it makes me calm, it makes me feel nice and it certainly makes me more understanding of others that are out of the public perception of "normal"

Maybe when I was in the years of denial and lack of acceptance, I used to go through all sorts of stages of emotion and that was not always a nice me, but since I accepted me for who and what I am, I feel a softer side to me has come to the fore

We are all different and we have all arrived at where we are from different places and we all dress for different reasons, but in having to figure out what I am and accepting that has made me much more understanding and accepting of others and of course since I found this forum, it has been nice to share and understand there are many others out there with the same needs

Sarah,
    I think that I am like that too. I'm o.k. for a while, then I get mean if I don't dress. I have to say, I don't look as pretty as you, but it makes me feel so good.
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews