Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do we

Reality Check
    Some of us pass as women some of the time. Looking at the photos posted and the avatar photos, many of us might pass, depending on the circumstances, some could be read by Ray Charles. If you are 6' 4" and 240 lb, your chances of passing are slim not matter what the situation. I am fortunate to be shorter and lighter and my assumption is that I would pass walking on a busy street to a casual observer. Of course I've never walked up to a stranger on the street and asked if he or she thought I was a woman. Post some photos of yourself and ask if you pass if that's what you're really asking.

As far as people putting up with us, most people do. Waitresses and sales people are out there to make a living and if we are spending money, it's to their advantage to put up with us. For most people on the street, it's not something they want to make an issue of. Some people, of course, do want to make an issue of it, either by comments or by challenging our right to imitate a woman. There have been stories here of having the police called and there have been stories here of physical attacks.

BTW: You will have a far better chance of passing as a woman if you dress and wear your makeup like one. That may mean toning it down a bit. Forget the miniskirt and six inch heels. Wear what a woman would wear for the time and place, even though it might be jeans, a T shirt and flats or sandals. Don't forget a purse.
    Last edited by Krisi; 09-02-2015 at 08:21 AM.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I choose to have the standard of "pass me by". If I can get around the corner before they turn to say "What was that?" I'm happy.

I don't know what is going on in other people's minds unless there is some interaction that gives me a clue. I've been called Ma'am and I've been called Sir when I've been out, so I'm thinking the difference is primarily the attitude of the person who is paying attention to me. Fortunately only a small percentage of people ever pay attention when I'm out in public and many of those are being paid to be polite and respectful of customers. So it's probably a bad sample, but as long as I don't have to put up with ignorant behaviors, I'm usually just fine.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.