Thread: The face in the mirror

The face in the mirror

Something I have noticed when viewing my face in the mirror things have changed since 2 or three years ago when I started momentarily noticing a girl when I passed by quickly; a close look would show my guy face, but there was this glimpse ---.
    I just realized that for months now she has been there full time - no make-up, unshaven, it doesn't seem to matter -there she is - the girl me!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Reality Check
    That must be a trick mirror. Either that or you need to see your eye doctor.

When I look in the mirror unshaven and with no makeup or wig, I clearly see Homer. Shave, put on some beard cover and lipstick and my wig, then I see Krisi. Krisi is not really "pretty" but she is a female.

Platinum Member
    I wish I could say that. But my reaction is different. If I'm in drab, I see a guy, but in a way it hurts to see that make reflection. When I'm dressed, I see a woman I recognize as myself.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Step one to total acceptance, seeing the inner you everyday.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Non metaphorically I see my male self when male when I look in the mirror, when dressed I don't see my male self at all. And there are times when male that if I do a certain expression or stand at a certain angle I can see Sarah, it's a nice little surprise sometimes
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Platinum Member
    Beware! The eye sees what the brain wants to see. There are many times when I look in a mirror as my male self and see a person who appears totally different than the guy in a printed picture. It's no big deal if your eyes see an attractive female, but, that may not be what others see if you're out and about en femme.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Beware! The eye sees what the brain wants to see. There are many times when I look in a mirror as my male self and see a person who appears totally different than the guy in a printed picture. It's no big deal if your eyes see an attractive female, but, that may not be what others see if you're out and about en femme.
    Good point, that's why I rely on photographic evidence before I go out...yah, it was a chic, here's a photo to prove it! 😉

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm more tolerant now. But, there was a time I truly despised seeing a man in a dress in my mirror!

So much so, I wouldn't even glantz at the outfit I was trying on until I had put on one of my special Sherry faces!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reminds me of a poem I read once long ago. It kind of reflects the struggle many have being true to themselves. At first I thought that was what the title was describing until I read the rest.

http://www.inspirationpeak.com/cgi-b...cgi?record=155

Jenny Gurl, Nice poem, indeed!

At my age it's a balding wrinkled old man I see daily when I shave. A very large part of the fun of crossdressing is the transformation one can achieve through the use of cosmetics and a wig.
    I recently submitted pics of myself to that site which guesses your age. Untouched ones come out near my real age, but femme ones placed me in my thirties, with one at 29.
    This justifies all my efforts to recapture my youth through crossdressing.

M.

Platinum Member
    Hi Donnalee. When endrab I just see an old guy with three Diamond stud earrings in each ear,

When dressed there's a pretty lady in the mirror smiling at me.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Huh, I just tried that site too and it guessed two years younger than I am. But tagged me female. Win?

-edit, I tried a few more pictures and on those it dropped my age by maybe 7 years. And then one had me in my 40s. I guess it evens out.
    Last edited by MirandaAlicia; 09-03-2015 at 08:01 PM.
    - Miranda <3