Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Full on 'purse' mode

Reality Check
    "Purse mode" is fine if that works for you. I suppose for me it's "girl mode" although at my age, "grandma mode" might be more appropriate. I don't go out much but if I do, it's never without a purse. Well, one time I went walking and left my purse locked in the car. I just carried the keys in the tiny pocket in the leggings I wore.

I like the "purse mode" thing. Some things put me in the feminine mode and a purse is one. I can't see my clothing very well (except boobs) and I can't see my face. So, wielding a purse is something physical that I have to manipulate just like any woman and so it helps me feel like Christina. Digging for keys, pulling out my femme wallet, etc.

It would be useful in male mode as well, but my wife would see it as another indication of transitioning, which is a big fear of hers.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    Well that's just it... 90% of the time (when I am dressed) I'm already in 'girl mode'.

Activate, PURSE MODE!!

*NEW ITEM EQUIPPED!*

And the sound effect of Zelda ALTTP 'Chest fanfare' goes off in my mind.

Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I usually carry a bag in male mode. While it's obviously a woman's purse, I don't use the p-word. It's a "shoulder bag." Likewise with neck jewelry. Noticing my neckwear, a friend of my wife's recently exclaimed, "I didn't know you wore a necklace." I replied: "Men don't wear necklaces. Some men wear chains. Some men wear beads. These are beads."

I so need to buy a purse. It's definitely on my to-buy list.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

The other day I was looking for my phone. Then I said to myself, "Oh I left it in my purse". It just seemed so natural. Kinda made me smile.

Platinum Member
    I'm not sure I 'wear' a purse, but I certainly carry one when I go out. Where else would I put all the essentials? When I go to the bank, I usually stop in the lobby. The tellers are perfectly accommodating.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hey Tracey,

I love "purse mode" but mainly cause it excites me to get out of the house when dressed up in my girly attire. And I do agree, it's so much more convenient bot to have to dig thru a purse for my keys lol.

Purse mode.... I like it. Could be catchy too. Sounds fun and adventurous. Nikki

I am thinking. Do I need a different purse for summer and winter. Summery purse--to fallish or wintery purse?
    Lucky, thrift stores have hundreds of old purses. The average GG probably has about 10 purses on her high closet shelf that she will never use again.
    Myself, I would never carry a "bag" in male mode. That is just me. If I need to carry something--most of the time it is a Walmart shopping bag. Or it might say "Goodwill".

Banned Read only
    Hey girls, how's this for a purse...can't wear it on the shoulder but with the handle who would want to right? ☺
    Attached Images Attached Images

@tracy

lol that zelda sound made my day ^^ (though i will never understand what ppl see in purses o.O)

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    it's a key part of the fun - no pockets means a purse ("handbag" to us brits) is necessary (we call a "female wallet" a "purse" - both are necessary when going out dressed!)
    Going out, coat on, re-arrange hair over collar, hand bag over shoulder, grab keys. That's the way it is
    I know I struggle to pass, certainly not close inspection but dressing to blend requires a handbag, something practical. Getting my purse out from the depths of my handbag is just one of those femme things. A sign that here's a woman to the casual observer.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Have a wonderful leather "man bag" bought in the Coach Men's Store. Got a tremendous deal. Was looking for a bag for a trip to Paris to hold maps, phones etc. was in the markdown section. Original price marked at $349.00, final marked down price was $89.00 and I got 25% off that day. I wear it across chest or if I am feeling girly I wear it on one shoulder. A few girly items, like lipstick and compact and tampons, tucked in, makes digging thru the bag a pleasure. I enjoy paying for something and digging into my "purse" like all the rest of the girls.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

Reality Check
    That's one of the differences between males and females. A female will hold up the line while she digs through her purse and counts out the exact change. A male will either swipe a credit card or pay with bills and dump the change into his pocket. Once home, he dumps the change into his dresser drawer for his wife to find so she can pay with exact change tomorrow.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I've been carrying a "man bag" with book, notebook, tablet, snacks, tissues, important papers, gift cards, nail file, music player, mini headphones, lip balm, meds, phone, receipts, multi-tool and various other debris for years. I got my first purse a couple of years before I ever left the house or hotel room and rarely will leave without one. Love having multiple purses to choose from, black, brown, tan, cloth, leather, patterned, shoulder straps, hand straps, clutches, lots of pockets or just one big hole to dump things in, I like them all. I have managed to put together a small handbag for those times when I don't need or want a bigger bag, but those are rare times. As I look at what I carry normally, it turns out I carry more in my man bag than I do in my purse when I go out. If having a cluttered up bag is the measure, then I'm more of a girl as a guy than I am as a woman.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Reality Check
    Helen's post points out the differences we have based on location. In my part of the world, what she calls a "handbag" would be called a
    purse. What she calls a "purse" would be called a "coin purse". It's carried in the purse.

And then of course there's the "pocketbook".

I transitioned from 'pockets' to a purse months ago. It is *so* much easier, there is so much more room. I think most males are missing out.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Reality Check
    Many, many years ago, when I was working, four of us went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. Me, of course, two females and another guy who thought he was just the height of fashion. He had a purse which he called a "pantless pocket". We teased him about it every chance we got.

We ate our lunches, paid our checks and were walking to the car when the waitress came running out the door yelling "You forgot your purse!" Of course it was this guy's "pantless pocket". It was a long time before he lived that one down.

I carry a purse all the time, except at work where I leave it in my car. Not a man-bad or laptop bag. A full on no-doubt-about-it purse. It's currently my "thing", and has been for a long time. I am constantly on the lookout for the latest one to really appeal to me. Even in male mode, the more feminine the better. I get some looks, but probably not as many as you'd think. Some looks of disdain, some smiles. I carry a woman's wallet, wear women's glasses and carry them in a woman's glasses case, a little makeup, etc.. A bit of a reminder and a bit of a display of my favorite side of me, even when I can't be.

Aspiring Member
    The aspects of crossdressing that I like most are those elements that are totally unlike anything I wear or do as a guy. Included among them are purses. My wife has not thrown out any purses for quite a while now, knowing I might have a need for one, so I have a box full to choose from. In guy mode, I usually wear cargo pants or shorts and shirts with a breast pocket, and need all those pockets even when at home. Several pairs of eyeglasses of different strengths, pens, tissues, and keys, my computer mouse and hard drive are all items that I am regularly carrying around. When out, I also have two wallets, (to hold all the cards I need) and my cell phone.

I am mostly closeted but those purses were sure fun to carry when I attended some CD events a few years back. But it is also fun around the house in female mode because I do not have those handy pockets. Also, I usually have additional items like makeup, nail files, combs etc. that I throw in to make it more realistic. I carry it from room to room, and put it beside my chair when I sit. Silly, maybe, but so is getting all gussied up in nice feminine clothes to go nowhere but room to room.

Veronica

I like a purse too (we call them 'handbags' over here in ye-olde world).
    I often carry one around the house when I have stuff to carry... certainly is easier than lugging around my ecig, eliquid, phone and stylus (I have to use one with nails on) by hand everywhere

Plus it just kinda feels more womanly
    Samantha -x-

I don't have the purse mode feeling because I always carry one. What I get is the "feeling undressed" sensation when I'm not carrying mine!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

i like it too tracy and think i may start to use it, i have only been out once but did use one and it felt so natural...like i had always had one until i tried finding my keys for the return trip home, then not so natural....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Lol, love the Zelda sound! Yeah for sure, grabbing your purse before heading out is like the final step towards being ready to go out for sure. After taking great care to make sure your outfit is good, your makeup is looking fab, grabbing your purse is certainly the finishing touch! I relate to this mindset for sure, throwing my purse over my shoulder mentally prepares me for the fact that I'm about to go out and about.

<3 Lauren