Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-op

Paula, this is such fantastic news, and I can't think of anyone who has done so much to help so many other people and finally deserves a little help herself. Enjoy your new lease on life, and heal quickly. Life is just starting all over again. Congratulations, my dear friend.

Karen

Banned Read only
    Thanks everyone for your kind words and positive energy. Your words mean so much to me - I can't begin to express how moved I am.

Here's an excerpt from the first post I ever made:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ
    I'm not really sure where this is all going, to be honest. I've lied to the few people who've happened on to this little fact about me, most especially myself. (Really only a couple of people have ever known.)

I don't seem to be able to lie to myself about this so much anymore - part of me really likes dressing up. What started out as trying on some panties or stockings has escalated, to the point where a week or so ago, I realized "I need breasts." Not really "gee, this stuff I'm kinda playing around with would be more fun and a better fantasy if I had some boobs." No, just the simple, rather clear thought "I need breasts." (I'll ask advice on this in another thread.)
    Appropriately it was titled "Hi, I'm a liar."

When I wrote those words, I was terrified, isolated, and had little will to live. I feel like I've come a long way in the two and a half years since I wrote them.

I made it through this. I can't believe I did, but somehow, here I am, alive, happy in ways I'd scarcely imagined, and somehow at the end of this horrible nightmare. No, breasts and a vagina won't solve all of life's troubles, but I believe they'll solve my GD. I had a dream this afternoon, it started out like one of my typical dysphoric nightmares - there was a horrible monster the sort of nameless thing that's stalked me in my sleep for so long. Only unlike times past when I'd had this dream, I pursued it, and it fled from me!

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Congratulations, Paula!
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Paula, I am so thrilled for you! You have worked so hard to save yourself, and you're already a role model. I know you will use your experience to help others. You have indeed come a long way in two-and-a-half years!
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Paula, I'm so glad to that you have the monster on the run! But maybe right now is not the time to run, you will need time to recover!

I hope that your recovery goes smoothly and rapidly, as always my prayers are with you.

Hugs, Bria

Paula, I hope that monster has run completely out of your dreams forever! You deserve some peace.

Hugs,

Leah

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    If you're taking the scenic route back to TX stop off in LA and we'd love to entertain you!
    Oh that's an awesome idea!!! Wait, I'll be going to NY on Monday. Oh crunk. Maybe next time.

Congrats Paula!!! I'm glad you're feeling better about yourself. It must feel wonderful to finally be free. I hope you have a nice, speedy recovery, and a safe trip back to Texas.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Congrats, Paula!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    So happy for you - congratulations!

Congratulations!! You look happier than ever!!

So happy for you...good for you...the more I understand about myself the more I realize that this could have been my path (had to started to understand myself earlier and not gotten married and had kids so young). Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Such a touching story about sharing the reveal with your partner.

I am happy to see that you have reached your objectives Paula, you deserve admiration for what you've been through and how you managed it all to reach this point, and for what you do for others aswell. You deserve happiness in your life, its time already you can live your life authentically.

I don't forget all the attention you put on me early on when I joined this forum which I'm very thankful for, back when I was terribly confused, your support was there, even though I am sorry for I can't correspond to any friendship much, given my situation and current need for anonymity.

All I wanted to say is, my best wishes for happiness in your life.

Congratulations Paula! Happy Birthday Honey ^_^
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Banned Read only
    Sorry for the tardy update. Recovering from GRS has been the single most painful thing I've ever experienced. I was out of my mind in pain until they removed the packing, and catheter. I'm actually feeling pretty good today, and hoping for a pain pill free day.

I'm healing up well, I believe!

That is the best news all day!!!!!

Hopefully you can rest and recover your energy without all that pain!!
    I am real

congratulations from me also.

You will be in my thoughts as I hope for a speedy recovery for you.

Every woman I've known has told me that it hurts to be beautiful. True or not, you are a most beautiful lady, and I do hope further pain is minimal.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Banned Read only
    I'm annoyed because we pretty clearly undersized my breast augmentation by a lot. I tried on dresses today - dresses that zip over my first rib are huge in the breast area. I may as well have kept the padded bra.

We'll discuss this at the doctor's office tomorrow.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Glad to hear you're healing well
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Silver Member
    Thanks for update. Sorry for the pain I know how that goes! Not good about the BA. Was it Drs suggestion on size?

Banned Read only
    Yeah, Beck recommended the size. I picked between this and s slightly larger one. Every woman I know warned me "oh don't make them too big!!!!!!!!!!" I felt pressure to go with a lower volume implant. Fine. I'm a C cup on a 42" band, all ribs. The first implant he showed me was 400cc. It was like doing nothing. Compared to that 600 looked huge.

They look nice. They're just about the same size (maybe smaller) as pre-op and wearing a massively padded bra. That's nice I guess - don't need the padding, but clothes still doesn't fit me well. When I get something to zip over my 1st rib it tends to be way too big in the breast. I feel like they are still out of proportion to my chest.

Oh well nothing I can do about it now.

I'm sure they'll be fine. Just wanted an easier time fitting clothes - tired of my boobs being too small. They are too small to a lesser degree than before, but still too small.

We'll see what the good doctor thinks. Maybe he'll set me straight.
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 09-16-2015 at 02:19 AM.

Congratulations Paula! May I say, you look so very happy now.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Your new picture reflects the obvious happiness in your heart, and very well depicts what truth there is in the moniker "Gender Confirmation Surgery". So, so happy for you.

As one who has been helped immensely by your posts, I thank you.

Congrats sweetie!

Hospital moments are pretty intimate. I think that's one of the roundabout ways nurses are perceived as 'sexy', they are there with you in the 'interesting' times... Most folks understand that this is hospital decorum- what happens in medical care stays there. My neighbor had no problem showing me a picture of his wife nursing their first baby- breasts fully exposed. And when i looked at it i saw a great beautiful kid and mother- the breast was not a sexual thing in that context.

He felt odd/bad about it later- but I told him as long as he chose judiciously- this kind of sharing is appropriate.

The Japanese have a says something to the effect of: nakedness is often seen, but never noticed. It is a sign of maturity- from the sound of it- you've got it nailed!

I worked in hospital setting a lot- sometimes modesty is compromised. But professional behavior ameliorates the unease- and sets the tone for dealing with 'intimate' issues. I've had surgery at my biggest account- my best client (biomed engineer) & others stopped in to see me during surgery- i had just gone under- naked- prepped... many people might worry- but the professionalism and care totally overrode any concerns I had.

The point of me telling you all this is to let you know the medical staff will support whatever you need- discreetly. Make sure you tell them anything that you are not sure of- everyone has questions- and nothing is silly or ignorant. Repetition is the foundation of clarity- if you need to ask a question again, do so.

Best wishes healing up, we all have a smile on our faces for you!
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 09-16-2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason: The discussion of ANY over the counter medication for ANY reason is prohibited