Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluid

Fluid

Hello.....

Just a short light hearted thought...
    I just read an article in the uk media about a crossdresser. They have described their crossdressing as themself being "Gender Fluid"

I looked this up as this is the first time i have heard of this term "Gender Fluid" and it's description is..

"Gender Fluid is a gender identity best described as a dynamic mix of boy and girl. A person who is Gender Fluid may always feel like a mix of the two traditional genders, but may feel more boy some days, and more girl other days.
    Being Gender Fluid has nothing to do with which set of genitalia one has, nor their sexual orientation".

Soooo does this make me Gender Fluid. 48 years i've discribed myself as cd/trans

The media story seems to make it more acceptable that he is Gender Fluid as it reports that their friends & family find it ok.

Well if it works for them, then I declare I’m Gender Fluid

As I say, this is a lighthearted observation and not intended to berate one of the sisters.

Has any one else seen this article in the recent media?

Gail xxxxx

Hi Gail
    It sound to me like just another label, It doesn't matter what they call me, I'm just someone who enjoys wearing women's clothes.
    Jennie x

Indeed it is another label, but if it works best for you then wear it. I've long struggled with what box to put myself in, not that I need a box to be in, although sometimes I like boxes, lol. Anyways, I understand the desire to find a label or group that seems to fit best. Just being a crossdresser never made much sense to me as I always felt a little more trans on the inside. This made me think that I fully wanted to transition at times, yet other times I am happy being a male. Sometimes I work with leg hair and a skirt and other times the look seems totally wrong to me. Personally gender fluid seems to work as the best fit at the moment for me and it sounds like it fits for you too. I would suggest not trying to make sure you fit into a category though and just be who you are and let everyone else worry about what to call it. Oh, and of course that's easier said than done. If you are able to post a link to the article I would enjoy reading it.

Thanks

Gender fluid, Genderqueer, transgender, homoerctus to Homo sapien. labels all of them. Call me what you will. I think I fit into every category one way or another. That said. I do like the term gender fluid and have for awhile. It rolls off the tongue well and is pleasant to the ear.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

It would be great to stop by the supermarket and pick up a bottle of genderfluid. The perfect tuneup!

I'm having a genderfluid and tonic right now.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    Gender fluid, Genderqueer, transgender, homoerctus to Homo sapien. labels all of them. Call me what you will. I think I fit into every category one way or another. That said. I do like the term gender fluid and have for a while. It rolls off the tongue well and is pleasant to the ear.
    Yeah, add me to the group that thinks this is just another label, but it does sound nicer than tranny to be honest . I'm like Natasha in that I probably could be said to fit any of the categories, with the exception of the group 'young'. Oh well, I have to hope that rebirth is a fact, if I'm to ever experience that again.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Platinum Member
    Hi Gail, I'm just a guy that likes to dress up real pretty, Call me whatever you like.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    Yeah, add me to the group that thinks this is just another label, but it does sound nicer than tranny to be honest

Rebecca
    I feel the same way, just another label but I think it sounds more modern / possibly more socially acceptable to use with a broader audience than the older terms "tranny" or "transvestite".

Sometimes I feel like just blurting out and saying I am that tranny that lives down the street just to see what kind of reaction I get........LOL

Seriously though Gender-Fluid is easier to say than type, but still sounds softer and more respectable to use than the other terms we have all been accustomed to over the course of time.

Lauri K

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    It's just another of the many labels describing those of use living somewhere along the Trans spectrum... pick the one(s) that suit you best and be happy!
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

I agree that gender fluid is just another label, however, it really describes me perfectly. For me, there is more to this than just wearing women's clothing. There are times where I certainly feel more feminine than masculine and vice versa, and it has nothing to do with the clothing I may happen to be wearing. I have never felt like my male body is betraying me or that I am in the wrong body, but I have ALWAYS wanted to have breasts. I really believe that I am a combination of both genders, 60-70% male and the remainder female.

The term gender-fluid does describe very well what many crossdressers feel. The "sometimes man, sometimes woman" identity subject its pretty much what gender-fluidity means, that you move from one gender to another identity wise.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeNile View Post
    I agree that gender fluid is just another label, however, it really describes me perfectly. For me, there is more to this than just wearing women's clothing. There are times where I certainly feel more feminine than masculine and vice versa, and it has nothing to do with the clothing I may happen to be wearing. I have never felt like my male body is betraying me or that I am in the wrong body, but I have ALWAYS wanted to have breasts. I really believe that I am a combination of both genders, 60-70% male and the remainder female.
    Thanks, DeeNile, for saying what I would have tried to say, but in a clear and precise way. I would only add that in addition to the breasts, I have often imagined a vagina, too. Mostly, I just wish I could choose which body to inhabit (genetic male or female) as it matched my experience in each moment of each day.....it is not going to happen, so I guess CD is my next best option....

I am comfortable with describing myself as Gender Fluid and as I have come out in the last couple of months to my closest friends, I have used the terms CrossDresser and Gender Fluid and they seem to help with conversations.

Peace
    Eve

I agree with Ezekiel and others ... it is my go-to label as well. Gender-fluid gives an idea of who the person feels they are. The trouble with a term like "crossdresser" is that it only describes what someone does (wear cross-clothing), despite who they might feel they are internally.

Some crossdressers are strictly male-identified and for them, it is just about either the clothes or a deep yearning to look like a beautiful woman, and they can feel internally male the whole time dressed. Some crossdressers are gender-fluid (their internal gender ID fluctuates). But if a crossdresser says that she identifies strictly as a woman (which implies all the time), then a better term for this is TS. MtF TSs are women and they do not crossdress when they wear women's clothing.
    Reine

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I tend to fit that term pretty well.
    I do lean more toward the female side than male.
    Gender queer I don't care for because I detest the word queer.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-11-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Hell-o Gail,
    Label this,label that, WHATEVER !
    There is a whole list of labels to choose from.
    People here seem to detest most of them, but honestly,
    I'd bet they all have one they can relate to.
    So..... If gender fluid seems to work for you, helps you describe
    yourself to others, use it!
    Much Love
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Gone to live my life
    Hello Gail,

Well I am not a big label person but I do use them to help others understand. I don't consider myself a cross dresser because it is not about the clothes for me albeit they do help to align my gender presentation when out in the world (woman or man). So gender fluid seems to fit and people understand that when I explain some days I identify as a woman and some days I identify as a man. I have no issues with my male physiology and when identifying as a woman I don't look in the mirror and see a man's body, I see my body which I have no desire to change. Yes, my physiology allows me to align my gender as male much easier but luckily being on the small side of guy I can align my gender as female relatively easy albeit nobody is going to mistake me for a woman. However, it is not about passing for me, it is about being who I need to be.

Also for me, gender fluid is not transitory in that I wake up feeling like a woman, dress for a few hours and return to guy when needed. My GID can last several days and when I identify as a woman, I live that whole time as a woman including going to work, chores around the house, working out and everything I would do as a man. When male me returns, there is not cross over between the two genders (e.g., no androgynous dressing or underdressing) it is all guy all the time until she returns. No change in personality between the two genders, same likes, same hates, same emotions.

Cheers

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    I'm having a genderfluid and tonic right now.
    So funny! Laughed out loud! I prefer my gender fluid neat, however.

I think my gender fluid is down a quart. Yippee! This is my 100th post.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    This is a good term for many myself included, since there are days I like to mix my wardrobe even, I do not consider myself one who plans on transition but just someone who some days I love to look like a girl and then I enjoy my boy side so this does work for me.

It's a term I've been identifying with myself for about a year now. Fits me quite well. And yes, it's really not about what genitalia you have or what your sexual orientation is. It's more about an acknowledgement that the person's mind has aspects of both gender identities, and that they have a need to express both, to varying degrees and at varying times. Sometimes one gender identity is much stronger than the other, but which is dominant changes from day to day or even hour to hour, and sometimes, in fact often, it's a blended mix of the two that is in effect.

Last night I was in full-on girl mode. I got dressed up, did my makeup and nails, and went out to a local music venue to watch a recently made friend perform. Spent the evening interacting and functioning as a woman and being fully accepted as one. Even stopped for groceries on the way home, and enjoyed the fact that everyone there seemed to see me as a woman.

Today, I'll be functioning in full male mode. Doing my work day, going to Sears and getting a lawnmower, doing yard work and chores around the house.

Tomorrow, on Saturday, I'll do a bit of both. Probably mall walking in male mode, yet shopping for female stuff. Or maybe I'll do that as a lady, if the mood suits me! Tomorrow night, almost certainly in full-on girl mode and off to a nightclub for drinks and dancing and socializing.

Sunday I'll probably be male again, doing hard work around the house - stuff I wouldn't want to do en-femme because it would mess up my nice things.

It's more than just how I choose to look, though. I notice subtle differences in how I approach just about everything, depending on which mode is stronger. In my case, how I am choosing to present does have some impact on what interests me the most in terms of 'affectionate interactions'. Either way, I consider myself pansexual. But what sorts of people I find most attractive can shift with my mental gender identity.

What I like about the term is that it makes it clear that the person is different from either a cisgendered individual or from someone with gender dysphoria who is seeking to change from their designated gender to what matches their mind. Most people think of the TG/TS spectrum as a one-way path. An individual may not choose to go the full length of the path and get SRS, yet once on that path, they seldom retreat. But for a gender fluid person, it's a two way street that they travel frequently!

Yes another box in the closet. Different label or what ever.... But like my shoes, I don't want to be in a box, I am to be adored, liked, hated, tolerated, or accepted. Either way not in a box.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I identify as gender fluid. Like many have stated already, my internal identity can vary day by day, hour by hour, even minute to minute. Most often I feel a mixture of genders.

Some days I have acute dysphoria, and other days I barely notice it. It really just depends on where my slider happens to be.

In my many years of dressing I have always been comfortable in either mode. I like being myself as a guy because it's my birth gender, but also because I was raised, schooled, worked my trade, raised my family, as any guy should. I equally like my feminine side and can mingle with the girls as one of their peers without any trepidation. I used to refre to my being as bi gender, but gender fluid seems a much better description of how I view myself.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

For someone who is still discovering where they fit into all this I appreciate the labels. I am not trying to fit into a box either but having a name and framework description helps in so many ways. Honestly, I am thinking this will be the phrase I use when I tell my CO.

I am completely happy with my male self. I exercise as a male and am trying enjoy being muscular like a mail. That being said I would love to come home from a work out, get a shower, fix some self and get dressed to go out as a female.