Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: finally looked in the woman's department

I used to be so scared browsing the women's department but really don't give it a second thought these days. I actually enjoy the scorn of the old bitties and if the store has multiple checkout line choose the one with a bittie. Once at Kohl's however a saleswoman spent quite a bit of time with me picking out a silkie nylon night gown and found a different brand of panties that matched perfectly. Then she checked me out, perfect!

Cheers,
    Amy

Gone to live my life
    Hi there and congrats. It takes courage to get in there and just be who you need to be . . . well done. I wouldn't sweat the rude looks . . . just remember those ladies come from a different generation so a man shopping in the women's section could seem odd to them.

Cheers

Marcelle

its good news, every step counts. I like being with a companion when out and about, because then they can give me specific feedback on looks from other people behind my back or when they think i'm not looking. For sure we get strange looks sometimes, but the lovely smiles from many ladies more than outweigh the dirty looks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Reality Check
    I once bought a denim skirt in a Goodwill store. The (female) clerk rang it up as men's shorts before she looked at the tag. Then she redid the transaction as a skirt. She didn't say anything but her look was not all that friendly.

People are different and they have different reactions. As long as the person doesn't know you personally, I don't think it matters.

Up in Massachusetts, I was shopping at the Paula Young wig outlet store. I got some looks from older women, not actually dirty looks, but definitely disapproving looks, as I tried on wigs in male mode.

I almost told them to just deal with it. My money is as green as yours.

But the SAs there were was cool, so I just chilled and ignored the old ladies.

One of my wig ladies is older. It turns out her hubby is CD.

I've shopped in Talbot's, Dress Barn, Lane Bryant, Maurice's, Maidenform, Soma that only sell ladies clothes. I'm marked as soon as I walk in the door

I was in the Talbot's outlet dressed. I found something I liked, waited my turn in the line for the changing room, and was directed to one when I got to the front of the line. I was expecting a hard time, but it was fine.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 10-22-2015 at 09:23 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Ladies, if you think its hard where you are you should try it down here on the Redneck Riviera where the men are tough and the women are tougher.
    "Life is too damn short to get hung up on gender issues" - Me

Banned Read only
    Wear a sexy pair of bikini panties, this will make you feel more comfortable like you and the ladies all have something in common when trying on women's clothing. Wearing hose also increases the comfort level. Am I joking or serious ???

Seriously I wear both when shopping and trying on women's clothing, if someone looks under the stall door and see's hose then they can assume it's a woman or wait for the door to open and I.D. a CD. Seriously again, it's fun invading their space and really once you do it you'll find they are friendly, like conversation and love to be helpful.

this week alone I also built up the courage to by female clothes, shoes and make up... but I had to pretend they were for my wife. I'm very new to this whole cd thing, I have always wanted to do it and now I finally did it, it helps that I'm far away from home for work. I watched a couple of videos on how to apply make up...and with practice I will get better, but overall I feel relieve to finally go all the way (well, all the way in my hotel room).

amen to that

I used to speed shop not anymore i just focus on what i want and do not care who is looking .Just own it
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Gosh this thread has me recalling my own early forays into the ladies wear at Value Village in Vancouver, adrenaline pumping, hit and miss fashions, yikes it was a ride. Well thirty years ago, double yikes.

Today my (2nd) wife and I went to the huge Salvation Army store nearby, I got a new skirt for my Halloween Janet Weiss outfit (Rocky Horror) and she got a complete Brad the dorky guy outfit, also Rocky Horror. Oh yeah I also got four more skirts and a couple of cute tops plus a ladies leather coat for Fall, and she got an armload of kitchen junk. Did we have fun trying on? You betcha. Did anybody give us a second glance? Not that I caught.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieAnne View Post
    They do that to everyone. Even when I'm shopping in housewares. They seem to resent a man out alone and unsupervised.
    ... I asked a long time girlfriend about the cool reception that drab men get shopping for woman's clothes and her response was interesting:

She said many women will think it must be for a mistress of sorts because 99.99 % of hubbies don't buy their wive's undies, they leave that to her,
    so she is immediately cold and suspicious of a mistress in the works, she thinks the man is cheating on his woman with some younger woman.

She sees a cad and a cheater and said many women would see the same.
    Crossdressing doesn't enter her mind