Thread: Complimented a GG and her dress at Post Office. Very positive!

Complimented a GG and her dress at Post Office. Very positive!

Today, I stopped at the post office, and checked my box, then limped, as i have a small injury, to the counter area, and a thirty to fortyish lady in a black and white dress, hose, and black flats, and black sweater ahead of me. She had to mail a package, and it took a bit of time, but, she asked if i was next, and i said, no, i am not in a hurry today. As she was leaving, we had small talk, and i told her she looked very nice, and i like her dress. No negativity. She said she really appreciated that! Smiled big! I could see imitating her outfit, too. I was dressed in nice blue and white western man shirt, and nice black slacks, and guy dress shoes. Just thought i would share something happy.

Hell why not,, I do it all the Time,, I Love to compliment people on there choice of attire ,, An believe it or not for the most part if there not A$$ HOLES they will respond nicely to it. Sometimes I just can't help it if someone has something nice on it just comes out weather I want it too or not,, SORRY,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Right on Stacy! I do it quite often, have seldom been rebuffed. And, as always, i imitate their style if i dig it. But, the flats? Just can't find any near my size 15 or 16 wide!

its a female sharing thing to do, in fact its almost mandatory! i think also cos its coming from a non-threatening guy it also is perhaps more appreciated than from another female?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Pamela, Almost all women around her age, in this smaller city are married . Maybe she does not recieve enough adoration from the man in her life, as almost all women around here, are "taken." When i was attending a church, i often complimented married ladies on their outfits.

Silver Member
    I too have had nothing but positive responses when I offer compliments about outfits or shoes. I wonder about Pamela's comment where she mentions "non-threatening guys". Does making the compliment make us non-threatening if we are in guy mode? I think it does. I've seen women go from totally ignoring me to a lively conversation about clothes where she seems to open right up. Come to think of it, it's gone the other way for me, too. When I hear "I love your shoes " coming out of nowhere, it starts a conversation I never want to end.

I find myself doing the same thing, whenever I see something nice about a womans attire or hair or nails or whatever I try to say something good about it. The Women at the drive throughs seem to have little self esteem and I like to comment on their nails or whatever I can see and they brighten right up and give me a nice smile. Also when they tell you to pull up to the line and wait for the food I say no and they do a double take and when they look at me I am smiling and then say ok. They take a few seconds to register what I said and then they see me smiling and always smile back. Try it sometime and see what happens.

Michelle

Banned Read only
    If the compliment is said in a sincere and nice way females love it, it makes them feel good and boosts their self confidence, so why wouldn't this also work if you compliment a CD?????????

Years ago, after seeing an attractively dressed woman, I commented on her appearance to my wife. I was promptly chastised and told to not tell her (my wife) but to tell the woman I was admiring. If she went to all the trouble to look that good she deserved to hear the compliment directly. I've followed that ever since and have always been rewarded with a polite response.

Now, mistaking an overweight woman for being pregnant at the post office is a whole nother story......

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have done that a lot of times and had great responses from the women.
    They seem very appreciative that someone noticed. Just be careful not to do it with their man around.
    I was at the mall one day in 50/50 mode and was coming out of the guys bathroom as a guy in a suit was going in.
    I stepped off to the right as he passed then turned and watched him walk all the way in sort of a double take LOL and his wife was standing in the hallway.............oops!
    She gave me a look up and down and said sorry honey he's mine with a smile.
    I smiled back and said well there is something about a guy in a suit right?
    She said oh yeah we seem to agree on that.
    I wished her a nice day and walked off.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-15-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Banned Read only
    I wouldn't run up to a woman and compliment her. However, if I do have a reason to converse with her as you did, then I think complimenting her attire or presentation is totally OK. Women go through a lot of effort to coordinate their outfits, fix their hair and makeup.

There's many times when I see a woman wearing a dress that I would love to wear. I would never approach a woman and ask where she bought it. Note to those posting pictures here, please note the brand and where bought. There's a very slim to no chance of me ever clashing with you.