Thread: Do Anxiety Meds Reduce the Pink Fog?

Do Anxiety Meds Reduce the Pink Fog?

I recently discovered the benefits of anxiety medications for "other" aspects of my life, and I'm wondering how they'll affect my love of crossdressing. Do they make it more difficult to achieve the "pink fog"?

I also have a big date coming up--my first! I'm very, very nervous. I'm debating about taking something (doctor prescribed, totally legit) to calm my nerves. But I'm also worried if the meds will ruin the excitement. Anyone have experience with anxiety medications and the thrill of dressing?

Thx!!
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Years ago I got anxiety Rx's from a Shrink. It helped with work and bill related issues mostly, not the dressing.I always enjoyed dressing. Now that I'm retired, I don't seem to have any anxiety one way or the other.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Going out on a limb here... I am currently on low dose SSRI for anxiety and depresion... but have found the pink fog to be all encompassing still.

However I would not consider taking it to just get you through a date as it takes months for me to stabilise on these drugs. Other non SSRI antidepressants may work faster I don't know.

Also a doctor is unlikely to prescribe them just on the basis of you being nervous about a date as it is perfectly normal to get nervous in such a situation.

If you feel you need then for general day to day living please PM me I can offer you some advise.

Good luck with your date Dana, I remember seeing the videos that led up to it. Your guy seems as if he is into you a lot, so I think you can do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemstar View Post
    If you feel you need then for general day to day living please PM me I can offer you some advise.
    Jemstar, each situation is different. If Dana needs them for day-to-day living, she should consult with someone who knows more about her than a few paragraphs on a discussion board.
    Reine

Sorry for upsetting you Reine, allow me to rephrase.

danam if you want some one to talk to regarding antidepressants then I am here for you. I do not know you, but then who does on this forum. Also I do not have all of the answers only some experiences I thought we could share.

Depresion and anxiety is a battle together we can be strong and be happy.

Banned Read only
    Danam,
    I was dressed but the conflict between my dressing needs and the drugs was mind blowing, I've booked to get them changed . I'm not sure what happened to the chemistry in my brain but it wasn't good !
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 09-15-2015 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Refereence to deleted incorrect post removed

If you've seen my videos on YouTube (search on danamatthews71), you'd know how NERVOUS I get when going out!
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 09-15-2015 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Refereence to deleted incorrect post removed
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Platinum Member
    Hi Dana, Anything that gets in the way of my dressing will be stopped.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I found the anxiety meds didn't stop the pink fog. But whoah! The mood stabilizers did. Thankfully I'm coming off them now and the pink fog is back, to the point that I think it's time to finally broach the subject of my gender with my psych, I'm just terrified to do so, anxiety meds or not

Anxiety and depression can often be the result of vitamin deficiencies. I always look for the natural remedies first. And when I have anxiety, it's usually when I haven't taken my vitamins for a couple days.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I can tell you my experience with antidepressants was that they pretty much dull everything, I think its just the way they work. Unfortunately they sometimes take so much of the "edge" off that you don't feel much of anything. I was on a fairly low dose too, and collaborated with my doctor to get off them, I felt I was dulling out too much of daily life.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Jemstar View Post
    Sorry for upsetting you Reine, allow me to rephrase.
    I'm not at all upset. Glad you clarified, although truth be told, antidepressants have different effects depending on a person's physical makeup. I've also taken them and it was a matter of trial and error while working with a doctor. It's a slow process and I could tell a friend that type xyz worked wonders for me, but the meds might not have the same effect on her.

Anyway, we don't want to derail the thread. Dana did say she is only thinking about taking something for that one evening.

To Dana ... you asked if taking something would take the edge off your excitement. That depends on the individual, in other words the particular med might take the edge off for one person, but not another. Here's an example: most people can take over-the-counter meds to help them sleep. Me? They make matters worse (my legs get restless) and they keep me up all night!

So, trial and error is your best bet. Give them a try and if you don't like the results, don't take them next time.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by danam View Post
    I recently discovered the benefits of anxiety medications for "other" aspects of my life, and I'm wondering how they'll affect my love of crossdressing. Do they make it more difficult to achieve the "pink fog"?

I also have a big date coming up--my first! I'm very, very nervous. I'm debating about taking something (doctor prescribed, totally legit) to calm my nerves. But I'm also worried if the meds will ruin the excitement. Anyone have experience with anxiety medications and the thrill of dressing?

Thx!!
    Funny, I was about to make a thread about this topic. I started taking antidepressants a week ago, and yes it does reduce the Pink Fog. My desire for crossdressing doesn't seem as strong as before.

It kinda sucks. But don't lose hope. everyone reacts differently to meds.