Thread: How insidious this thing we do can be: a tale of shopping and the consequences...

How insidious this thing we do can be: a tale of shopping and the consequences...

Bear with me here as I provide a little background.
    I need to do a little fall cleaning and naturally want to be comfortable while so engaged which lead me to a quick trip to the thrift store for a casual skirt, denim maybe khaki, you know, something I can move in and not worry about ruining.
    So here I am at the thrift store looking for my skirt when it happens. This absolutely adorable, cutest thing ever, black lace, just above the knee skirt catches my eye and it is only $5. Naturally I grab it and head to the fitting room. Perfect fit. 😀
    Long story short, j got both skirts.

Now to the point.,,

Thus cute little black skirt just doesn't look right with bare legs so I am now off to the lingerie store for a black garter and some black stockings and will probably hit Payless for a new pair of black heels. Darn, I just hate it when this happens. 😜

Now, please understand, I am not complaining. Quite the contrary as I look forward to the shopping. I just thought I'd share a cautionary tale of how things can get out of hand if we're not careful and I hope my little story brightens your day as much as the prospect of some new 'things' brightens mine.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Yep - been there ,done that and love it every time...............................Debra

Tell us something that we don't already know, Shelby...it's a very slippery slope!

yes happened to me as well went to get a bra sorted out and a dress swapped over came away with a much more expensive dress and a top which was so pretty it was too hard to leave behind, yes umpteen € euros spent, still not deterred.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Shelby hon been there done that yes it happens to most of us. Glad you got some cute stuff

Had that same thing happen to me this weekend. Went to go pick up some leggings, then ne,t thing you know I need a new top, and we'll could probably use a new bra, and "ooo that necklace looks nice too!" Needless to say my bank account was not happy with me!

Yall Lady's Better watch out ! That's How it all started with me,,lol,,,, Before you know it BAM,,,Bam,,,Bam,,, Making Appointments with Therapist and Doctors and trips to the Drug store,,, JUST SAYING,,,,, An No more clothes and Shoes Money,,,, Dam hair removal people get it all !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Lol yeppers every one gets in the fog on here it seems. I know now how my wife can come out with so many things. It is so hard to just get one thing at a time. I used to fuss at her for buying something she said was just too cute to leave there but I now understand her better. I go crazy in the makeup area and over spend.

Silver Member
    Seems like good consequences and a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing, Shelby.

Stopped by Payless at lunch and found some really cute heels. I don't post a lot of pics but I think I can make an exception tonight when I put it all together.
    Just occurred to me I probably need to shave my legs too. Usually don't get to do that over the summer and this is as good a reason to start again as any.

Can I stand the pressure...😄

I'm with you on that. A new top usually requires a skirt, shoes, jewelry and of course matching purse. I can't seem to buy one piece of clothing. Its usually the whole matching outfit. I love it.

Love to see your new outfit on you, especially the garter belt and stockings. hehe

Yes indeed, every purchase leads to two or three more. It only stops when your bank account is empty and your house is so full of clothes you can't find a place to sit down.

- Diane

With me it is often the bargin skirt I have trouble finding the right top for (or vice versa)

I get a similar problem, but in a delayed sort of way. I order stuff online, but ONLY ONE to make sure it fits. Then when it arrives, try it on, BINGO! Fits perfectly. Now, knowing how often I find something that fits so well like that, go online immediately and order one (sometimes more) of every color in the same size, then search through that website looking for stuff of the same brand, hoping that will fit just as well.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.