Thread: dressing has ruined me from people watching :)

dressing has ruined me from people watching :)

It used to be when I noticed an attractive woman, I would think, wow she's cute, but recently I have been noticing those women, and thinking, wow that's a super cute outfit, or love those heels. I'll now say to myself, "I like her top, but I couldn't wear it.". Even at the gym the other day, there was a very attractive woman in a spin class with me, and all I could think was, where did she get those capri's, and her top was super cute. Has my dressing ruined me from people watching?

The short answer is "yes".

I find that with the years, when I see an attractive woman, my first thoughts go to what she is wearing, and if it is a cute outfit, start speculating how it might look on me instead. I no longer look at random women with "lust" in my heart, only as potential role models for my female dressing. Maybe age has something to do with it; maybe being ground down after 40+ years by a less-than-idyllic marriage (more like a perpetual power struggle) has precluded me from ever wanting to enter into another relationship with the opposite sex -casual or otherwise.

Sometimes, I chide myself for this cynical POV as I know it objectifies women, which is inherently wrong. Then again, we are all products (in part) of our life experiences where -as they say - your mileage may vary, and it is what it is...

Banned Read only
    Leslie a lot of us that have been around the block a time or two can relate. What is all chrome when you first meet them down the road can turn to rust. For those that end up single it's not an all bad thing, just let's you have all of your time to CD and explore new roads ?????

Nope, it's still 'all about the girl' initially. First it's about wanting the girl, then it's about BEING the girl, only last comes wanting the outfit. But it all happens within the amount of time from when I notice her until she saunters out of view.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    How is that ruined? You're appreciating more than you did before. I'm sure that woman in the spin class was still filling her capris in an appealing manner, but now you see the lovely form and the wrappings.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Cding enhances 'people watching' for me, for the very reasons you mentioned.

that's your choice, i can most definitely still admire the female form, though now I do interject with "oh i like that dress", or "wow you look good in that dress"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I do the same thing! I think it makes me appreciate people watching more. I still appreciate the shape and curves of a fit young woman, but I also analyze the outfit. It has helped me get better at putting together some casual outfits the really work well, even though I don't venture out in anything that wouldn't pass as men's. I wear women's jeans, just plain and hard to distinguish from men's...other than much more comfortable with the added stretch. I've never had anyone ask, but I would just tell them that they fit me better, which is the truth.
    By the way, I'm also a sucker for those super-cute tight capris! Just add some hot-pink or neon yellow sneakers...Wow!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I don't think so. It has just changed what attracts your attention. BTW, you can appreciate both the lovely woman and what she is wearing!
    Hugs, Carole

Not for me .... yet! I still see the beauty that attracted me before and still does with the added benefit of wanting to stare a bit longer to try to really look at the details of her presentation that made me look in the first place.

Sometimes people whatching can be hard and sometimes inspiring it depends what mood im in
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    I wouldn't say people watching has been ruined for me but enhanced, I still admire the girl but it's always been about what she's wearing and how she wears it that attracted my eye in the first place.
    Now I find myself looking deeper and breaking down their outfit/style/mannerisms and can I use that for myself it's hard to explain but in my head the process normally is lust/desire, jealously, and learning usually all at the same time I don't know if that makes any sense. xxx

It's kinda the same with me, but it seems whenever I've been in a crowd of peeps, I'd see attractive, fashionably dressed women, there has always been a part of me that wishes I could dress like her.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Nope, it's still 'all about the girl' initially. First it's about wanting the girl, then it's about BEING the girl, only last comes wanting the outfit. But it all happens within the amount of time from when I notice her until she saunters out of view.
    This is pretty much the same I have experienced since the first time(over 45 years ago) CDing. The saga began and I see no end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I love looking at younger attractive women. They dress so well and like a woman should. As women age they seem to lose some of that. Yet, Ive seen many middle aged people look just as well. I try to dress well and also show off my assets which are my legs. I think anyone of any age can do that. The tops are different and more our age but then, I buy them in the adult girl section. So, crossdressing becomes more of a challenge yet I embrace it with gusto. LOL
    Part Time Girl

Leslie,

I still love to watch people. It is one of the rewards of having to spend way too much time in busy airports. Years ago, once I started to be more active as Robyn, I noticed a significant change in my watching. No longer did I look at a beautiful woman (GG, TG, all kinds) and say "I want to DO her." Now I look at a beautiful woman and say to myself "I want to BE her."

Have fun with your people watching!

Aspiring Member
    I'm single (divorce) but still people watch and yes I do look at what the women are wearing and wonder where they got it and wonder if they have it in my size and how I would look in it.

I love to people watch, especially the female variety. In my younger days when hot lady walked by I was thinking "I sure would like to get into her panties". Now the same phrase comes to mind but in a slightly different context.

Silver Member
    No - if anything, my crossdressing adds enjoyment to people watching. I can better appreciate outfits, make-up, purses, earrings heels and boots. I think about styles, hair, how to walk, how to sit. I learn. Although I don't spend my time looking for other crossdresssers, I sometimes try to speculate who might "pass" if dressed or how many men could dress and be unnoticed. I have come to believe that few would probably "pass" if scrutinized but most would probably be unnoticed or ignored if they did crossdress.

It also provide personal confidence because I understand that even though I "people watch", and would probably detect someone crossdressing, there is no contact, interface, acknowledgement. There is almost never eye contact. People I view, no matter how they are dressed, don't know that I am looking at them. So I think that if I were dressed, and if people were looking at me - I wouldn't know it, I wouldn't know what they thought, and I wouldn't care.