Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Closet Confidence Crash...

Hello Katey,

Great post and I thank you for it, I have been 'avoiding' doing anything recently, partly worried and not wanting to 'overdo' it, and like you said worrying about how far is this going to go. I am lucky as my wife is very supportive but I still worry about pushing it too much. Your post has helped me put it all into a little more perspective, and my wife told me to stop worrying about things that are fun...
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

Katey,
    Your post is why I love this forum. Like you, i am in the closet and more of an intermittent dresser. Recently rather less than more and perhaps also somewhat frustrated and maybe puzzled by it. But glad to know that i share the same feelings - or someone else shares the same feelings and frustrations that i do. So, even though we are thousands of miles apart, we have this little electronic thread to support each other.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    awesome post Katey very well said as usual .....xoxo homegirl

Aspiring Member
    Katey; In the closet here also, used to go out for drives and to the post office to snail mail items but here lately haven't gone out at all . Instead of purging have you ever tried packing it away that way when the urge comes back you have something to wear.
    There have been times I have forced myself to do it, just because I needed to be in a calmer place, although I keep my body hairless and at times have kept nail polish on my toenails, have worn panties and a bra.

Keep Calm & Carry On! i dont think we can ever promise anything to ourselves about how far we delve into the rabbit hole, and like the tides we fluctuate with our need or desire which i believe is the biggest difference from being transgender or transsexual, we fluctuate whether in a closet or at the mall, others need to be themselves all the time and feelings remind them constantly that they are not who they truly are....

also being a mod kind of makes this like a job for you at times im sure, you become desensitized to it perhaps.....you know better than to purge either i believe....i know you always seem to think it is bizzare to be this way...here are the synonyms strange, peculiar, odd, funny, curious, outlandish, outré, abnormal, eccentric, unconventional, unusual, unorthodox, queer, extraordinary;....i go with extraordinary and normal myself lately....so i guess what im saying is dont make promises you cant keep, like a purge, and Keep Calm & Carry On! glad you had a chance to be yourself and my favorite photo was the curtsy....

bring it in

may have to rename this one "Closeteer"

did i see right .....katey had to make a spelling correction
    Last edited by mykell; 09-21-2015 at 02:28 PM. Reason: fix emoji
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I most always did this but had to actually "live it" to realize it wasn't such a big deal. After I amalgamated all of my feelings and was no longer ashamed of them (as a true manly man would be), I just said "Pffft" I'm gong to be who I want to be when I want to be. The difference being with myself was that I always enjoyed the female aspect. Now after scores of years I'm finally able to enjoy my male side which is much appreciated by my GF, who, by the way, has absolutely no problem with my femme side and even goes to the club with me sometimes with me en femme. Best of both worlds works for me my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Katey-eighty-eighty-eight -- closeted? I'm shocked. You look so great in your pictures I assumed you were out making the world a more interesting place on a daily basis.

It's pretty solidly documented on the forum that whatever the deal is with us, there's a tide to it. I haven't been able to figure out how to predict the tide so I've learned to not let it bother me when my desire to dress fluctuates -- sort of an "accept the things I cannot change" philosophy. The only place it becomes a problem for me is when I see something cute on sale and I know I'll want it later and I'll kick myself for not getting it. Then I get into the lengthy internal dialogs ("We're not buying it because you won't wear it." "I will! I'll wear it later!" "Then you can buy it later!" "But it's 60% off now!...")

Katey, sister, you are one of the few people that can get me to chance logging in at work to leave a post.
    I know exactly what you mean and your feelings resound in my own head. I've gone back and forth on this so much and just when I think I'm going to be ok, I find myself on-line looking at dresses. Oh how I could use some Victoria time. as always your and inspiration and thank you for your encouraging words.
    All I can say is thank you for being you.......Alright gotta run for now before someone peers over at my screen
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Hell-o Katey,
    I've sad it before, when we get to feeling that "WTF am I doing this for feeling"
    and it's been a while since you've dressed, just go fix your makeup, and put on a dress.
    You'll remember WTF your doing it for in no time!
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    Ha! You're bang on the money - as usual.

And, what started out as quite a sad, negative post became something filled with joy.

It is interesting how the desire/urge/need (delete as appropriate) can come and go, and how sometimes I'm *never* happy with a finished look no matter how much I aim for perfection (in my eyes), but I guess it's just like any other hobby/interest/activity (delete as yadda yadda yadda) - there are always going to be natural peaks and troughs.

You sum it up well though, Katey: when you can do it, do it!

Jemima
    x

Edited for clarity (and it's still not that clear!)

Great post Katey, (should be a sticky) between what you and Amy stated, you have me down to a science to those of us that are in the closet. Spent a hour today just rotating the fall and summer clothes out, and was just enough to get me over the edge.

Glad to see you had some quality K time today. The alcoholic beverages certainly doesn't hurt.

Keep calm and look stunning !
    Gretch

Platinum Member
    I know it's almost impossible, closeted or not, to resist the temptation to ruminate over the positive, the negative, the causative and the speculative. I've done it myself. Comes to nothing, really. Time will tell. In the mean time you might just as well relax and enjoy this part of your life.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Lately,
    It is great for us to see that one of our Moderators has the same internal struggles as we do. Thank you for the post.

Great post im sure a lot of us here feel the same as you .Your not alone
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Great post Katey. I will never purge again. That is just too hard. But as you I did not dress enough this summer. Did have a fabulous day at the Austin Pride. But after that, wow it was weeks and after you do dress the girl comes out. It is good for the well being to express yourself.
    Part Time Girl