Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: who takes your pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Tripod and digital camera.
    ditto for me
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I always reverse the camera to face me; if posing or something, I set the timer and set the phone up.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I have a digital SLR so I put it on a tripod and set a timer. High angles (camera high and pointed down toward you) are especially flattering. Don't use on-camera flash. Try to use flat natural light (no bright, direct sunlight). Cloudy is best outside or try using the light from a window.

Digital camera on a 6 ft. tall tripod (to get a downward angle) using a small wireless remote. I can also add a delay after pressing the remote if I want to get the remote out of the frame. There is also an app to run the camera from a phone or tablet that shows what the camera sees, but I haven't tried that yet. Can't blame the technology for all the bad looking pictures. It's the model's fault.

I haven't progressed past using my Phone yet, but maybe I will try it out in the near future. It's nice sometimes to take videos and pull stills from them, sometimes I find a flattering pose that would have never been found by just taking stills.

Tripod and digital cam with self timer. Most cameras have the self timer these days. Sure beats my old Polaroid!

Reality Check
    I use a camera for photos, my phone for calling people who are out of earshot. The camera is more versatile and I never accidentally post photos sideways.

Banned Read only
    The photo radar dude in the truck parked on the sidewalk 😠 I try to make the best of it though, I circle back, stick my head out the sun roof and strike a pose 😀 (yah, I can drive like Jason Statham)

I am not sure who takes them. I didn't even know they were missing. ;-)

I have paparazzi follow me.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

For those who use iPhones, how do you "angle" the camera for the picture? For example, when I prop my camera on a table up against a wall or some other "backing," I can only get from the waist up, unless I stand way back. I would love to be able to angle the camera down to get more of my legs/shoes. Does that make sense? Any suggestions?

Stephanie, I just use my camera on the timer, although my wife has taken some. I feel more comfortable using the camera. Always nervous that the phone might cough up a photo online, somehow

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Sorry didn't read all your question. I tried several places and looked through the viewer to line it up with a particular spot, so I know what I am taking.Then its just a case of getting to that spot whilst the timer is working. I have several full length shots and ones sitting down that show all of me legs included

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do find it interesting that I like the face pics better if taken using a mirror.
    I have a few that are not done using a mirror that I do like but they just look different.

Reality Check
    The photos taken directly are how you really look. The ones taken in a mirror are reversed. They are how you see yourself in the mirror and the way you are used to seeing yourself (in a mirror).

lorileah...you are a hoot...i hope your response is true...you rock

moi, i have the first $1,000 phone as i dropped it twice and cracked the screen trying to take pics...i also used the very fun youcam makeu app (android) to do the avatar.

usally set camera on shelf, lean against something ....that's why it fell

There are mini tripods available for iPhones. They are very handy> Bought mine on Amazon. Have fun!

I use a canon digital Camera, the timer, and a tripod with a door mirror behind it. The mirror shows me if I am fully in frame or not. This is how i do about half of my photos, the other half is taken by my other half lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I use a Samsung phone with an app called PicsArt it has a time lapse option that ranges from 1 sec to 30 sec I generally use the 15 sec app I usually take about 30 shots and find 5 that I like I've been trying for years to get a decent shot and PicsArt does it for me

I screen shot the process for you1444697725339~2.jpg

I hope this helps you it was a miracle for me also I bought a small little 8 by 10 mirror from the dollar store to set up next to my phone to help with posing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nikon D90, tripod and a remote. Wish I had a human to take my pictures!!
    Please call me Lisa!

I just set the timer up on my Nikon D3100 and pose for pics from there. Really don't have anything beyond my bike in my dining room area of my apartment so it makes for a good posing area.

I use a camera with a tripod. Before I bought the tripod I experimented with the camera placed on the kitchen counter. A tripod is great for selfies.

Late to the thread, but wanted to share anyway. :-)

I use a tripod and my DSLR, but I set it up on an interval timer. Since it will auto-focus on whatever's in the frame, I pre-compose the shot and set a remote-triggered flash that I either bounce off the ceiling or - if I'm lucky - push through a shoot-through umbrella.

I tell the camera to take anywhere between 30-50 pictures - depending on how far I have to walk from the camera to my mark - usually on a 7-second interval to give the flash time to recycle. On the back side of my tripod, I try to set up a full-length mirror so that I can see how my poses look as I'm doing them. In the edit, I lose between 3-5 pictures on the front end (shots of my backside walking) but I have a lot of options.

And it _almost_ feels like a modeling session.

ETA - Here's a shot from before we officially moved in to our new townhouse. I was lucky enough to have a month's overlap where I had free rein to play a bit during the day.

Bandage-Dress-Crossdressers_com-1.jpg
    Last edited by Andrea Chenowith; 10-29-2015 at 04:18 PM.

i usually set my cell up on a window, tree, rock, table whatever an use the voice shutter option on the camera

I just hold my phone out and snap a few pics then I pick thru them.

Haven't really taken any pictures of myself yet but Andrea Chenowith has the right idea. A lot of advanced cameras have an interval timer that you can set to take so many pictures, one per how often. So, you can take twenty-five pictures, one every fifteen seconds. That should give you plenty of time to rearrange yourself, etc. But don't forget that oftentimes, the best photos are the casual ones... ones that you just happen to take when you aren't really ready.

Lacy PJs