Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fully dressed or mixed clothes?

Question Fully dressed or mixed clothes?

I'm very new to letting myself crossdress and I have noticed that what I really want it to just ad a nice blouse to my regular jeans, or just have my nails painted. Is there anyone else that has this same feeling?

I would enjoy fully dressing, although I don't have a full outfit yet, but I want to just integrate fem clothes into my wardrobe.

I can relate to this. I am often in leggings or skirt with men's tops! sometimes feminine tops with my mens jeans, and i always have my toes painted and occasionally my finger nails. other times i dress fully feminine with shape wear and makeup and wig, other times i am fully male. It is never always a conscious decision, I just put on what i fancy at any particular time. The only time i never think of going fully female is if i have family over.

I have only ever had one comment in public whilst in mixed mode and that was a little boy who shouted " Look Dad, that man has blue toenails! " His dad looked at me and mouthed "Sorry". I just laughed and carried on shopping. My Wife thought it amusing too.

Just do/wear whatever you want. it's your life, so its your decision.

Yes, I do this all the time. My toes are always painted. As soon as I get home from work, off come the boots and socks. On go a pair of leggings or girly shorts. Or sometimes a pair of girls jeans. And just whatever shirt I've worn that day or a t-shirt. I usually only dress completely on the weekends. So, yeah, as long as I'm not at work, or around any family members (other than my wife), I am in some varying degree of femme.

Platinum Member
    Hi Hunter, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home.

It's fun to play (Mix & Match).
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have no problem with people dressing mixed but i personally only dress as one or the other. I think when i dress enfemme i am trying to feel as female on the outside as i can. I dont wear female pants/shirts etc, i like dresses and skirts and such. Dont care for flats, just 5-6 inch heels. When im dressed as a man i just wear tshirt, jeans/sweats, hoodie etc.

Welcome to the forum Hunter,

Personally, I feel the more of us who tweak the edges of dressing by doing what you suggest, the better. It is a good pacing of society into fluid dressing styles. I'm most of the time (99%) wearing ladies clothes, toenails painted mostly, fingernails the majority of the time, rarely wig or makeup. I'm enjoying the autumn season entering, giving rise to boots time!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Depending on what or where we are going, I will dress/underdress in a fluid mix of whatever I feel like. Usually a woman's top or bottom and a guys opposite. Though I rather enjoy being completely enfem, I am working myself into more weekend enfem time. Sometimes it's just not practical, just ask a gg about heels and packing a house or cleaning and cooking.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I am new to "letting myself crossdress" as well. I am still trying to figure out what fits and looks good but I can see myself underdressing with just a pair of women's jeans. If I could dress at home I would totally be happy with any piece of femine clothing. Even just a femme cut Tee or girls or tights would make me happy. I guess that puts me more in the fluid kind of girl/boy./

Banned Read only
    I think you should dress in any manner that makes you feel great. For me..it's the full ensemble from wig down to heels and everything feminine in between. Although I do not own any feminine pants I can understand MtF crossdressers wearing them. I think it is associated with the era in which a person grows up and matures. I grew up in the 1950's and 1960's and in my urban neighborhood absolutely no woman wore pants. Yes, there was ONE. She was also DIVORCED! OMG, you'd think a divorce woman wearing pants was the sign of the devil. Anyway, in my daughter's generation there were a lot of women who did wear/mix male clothing with women's clothing. I'm sure all those television commercial showing a beautiful woman parading around in her man's flannel shirt and her panties has instilled that image of female sexuality in the brain of a MtF crossdresser.

So, whatever makes you comfortable.....go for it!

I'm not out to anyone including my wife about how i like to dress full femme but the weird thing is there are girl clothes (girls skinny jeans and boy-short undies) that my wife prefers to see me wearing. She says my boxer briefs (kind of combination boxers and tighty whities) get all bunched up and look gross and men's jeans are too baggy and don't fit my small frame very well. The girl jeans I have don't have anything that identify them as 'for girls' like butterflies or unicorns on the butt pockets , they're just low rise and cut a little differently .

Anyway, so when I get home after work, I get out of my biz casual slacks/Dockers and into a pair of skinny jeans on top of whatever girl undies I might be wearing. I don't usually wear my really tight jeans out and about but there are some sizes that I have that are snug enough to fit the way my wife likes (and frankly I do, too) yet just enough bagginess to not cling too tightly. I even tuck my dangly bits back a little to give a smooth appearance in the front although my tshirt usually covers that area up a little.

I don't have a femme walk though nor do I have really very feminine gestures and grace so I guess it's more like a guy just wearing tight jeans.

~Sayyidah 'Sue'
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

I pretty much am always under-dressed, wearing panties rather than male underwear. I do a fair amount of 'stealth dressing' - where I am wearing jeans, belts or other clothes from the ladies section, but which can pass for male clothes. I've occasionally left my nails done in a subtle manner while in male mode, but that's it.

But for me, if any of the items in my outfit are clearly feminine, I need to do a fully feminine presentation, with wig, forms, makeup and all. I wouldn't wear my breast forms under male clothes, or wear a skirt in male mode. It just doesn't feel right for me.

Always underdressed, female jeans, tops of some sort, femme shoes(not high heels), jewelry, hair down and make-up(less is more),polished nails and my purse. Starting to wear skirts out now in lieu of jeans. I started with just one item and now dress in my "femme" male mode now as regular day wear, not for everyone but works for me. Good luck in finding your style.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I'm pretty much always under-dressed. Panties and nylons/stockings on the bottom and often a sports bra that doesn't stick out too much on top. The only time I'm in full drab is when I know I'll have to undress in a public-type setting such as when we went to the local swimming pool (which meant I had to remove my pedicure! sniffle).

I often wear women's jeans to town. My favorites are American Eagle artist bootcut. Sometimes I tuck, sometimes I don't . That's about as far as I can go in my hometown. My wife puts the limitations on me.

It's really nice to know that I don't have to be fully dressing. I'm not sure I'm ready for that anyways. So a pair of skinny jeans with a plain shirt feels the best. Thanks everyone for the input!!!

Hunter - you can do anything you wanna do!

It's possible that how we express this part of ourselves may be influenced by why we feel motivated to do so... but you should do what you feel comfortable with.

'Mixed-mode' seems very much easier than 'Full-femulation' for a day-to-day expression, but for me I just feel right about the full transform and the feeling it gives me - however transient - seems to suffice until the next time...

We should each follow our own individual muse for what feels right as there are no rules... (except I do have copies of 'The Crossdressers Rule Book', 2015 edition with the foreword by Caitlyn J available for only $195 + $50 global shipping + taxes... and if anyone's daft enough to pay by PayPal the package might just get lost in the post... )

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

You will find that there is quite a variety of answers to your question. We are all different and crossdress for many different reason. I, for one, like to wear a skirt and nylons simply because I find that more comfortable and relaxing. I do not for a moment try to look like a woman; I don't wear high heels, jewellery, bra or makeup. I'm just a man in a skirt. Frequently I use old masculine shirts that are well worn and no longer suitable for wearing in male mode, as tops with my skirts. Since I never venture outside what I wear is my own business, even if it does not match well. Usually it's OK. I underdress all the time, except for medical visits. When I go outside, though, it's all male attire except for underdressing.
    Back to your question: Do what makes you happy & comfortable and if you venture outside think if you are OK with the image you present. If so, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I grew up in the 1950's and 1960's and in my urban neighborhood absolutely no woman wore pants. Yes, there was ONE. She was also DIVORCED! OMG, you'd think a divorce woman wearing pants was the sign of the devil.
    I grew up in the same time period, and only a "loose" woman would wear trousers.

Just before the turn of the century, I think it was easier to see a man in a skirt, than a woman. Things have changed in the last few years and women are back in skirts, and look feminine again. And I'm glad.
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-26-2015 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

I will do a bit of mixed mode dressing. All my jeans are women's although not obviously so. Panties are the norm and some of my shoes are from the woman's side of the aisle, again not too obvious (usually). I also have some tops that I do wear in mixed mode.
    Both of my ears are pierced with a diamond stud in each and my nails have clear polish on them.
    I also do go out fully dressed but not as often as I used to do to time and freedom constraints. When I do though I really do enjoy my Nikki time.

Silver Member
    I have mixed and matched for many years, my favourite is to underdress, i pretty much wear panties all the time now, that is very much part of my life, if I go out on a weekend I love to wear panties, bra and if the weather is okay for it then hold ups under my trousers, I love to drive in low heels, it is fun and it makes me feel happy to mix and match, i don't go out fully dressed, I am a million miles off being passable, but I love to dress, so mix and match works perfect for me when out of the house and sometimes in the house too

You will find your happy place

I also mix men's and woman's clothes. Mostly because I refuse to wear all men's clothes and partly out of necessity. Of course panties are a must, I don't even own any men's underwear. A bra is also a must weather it's to push them up or to flatten them down. Men's jeans don't even fit me anymore so all my jeans are women's. I mostly wear men's shirts and my shoes are a mix between men's and women's. there are several women's shoes that can pass as men's. Keeping perfectly pedicured toes is a must. Do what makes you happy and balance how much of your feminine side you're willing to let people see.

Banned Read only
    Panties or shapewear all the time, but no mixing of metaphors. It is pretty much Either/Or for me to this point. I live in a town of 11,000 people. I was in the grocery store a couple of weeks ago and saw 4 people I knew from work. Then again, perhaps after October 10, I won't give a s++t...

DeeAnn

It's whatever makes you feel good and doesn't "out" you in public more than you want. My routine dress for work is male (slacks and polo short) but I femme it up with women's clogs/shoes with a 2" heel that look unisex, small women's sport watch, copper/brass bracelets, earrings (both ears, small hoops for work) and a gemstone necklace. I work on a military base and haven't had any issues. Had some interesting conversations but I'm open about how different I look. Always stretching public perception a little at a time.

At home I'll go more full femme in skirts and dresses, but lately I've been content to wear my male skinny jeans with 4" wedge heels and that makes all the difference! Right now I'm in 4" wedge heels, skinny men's jeans, matching men's t-shirt (soft fabric) with a cute matching shrug that really femmes the look. All that with the jewelry I mentioned above. When I go out to brunch with my wife in a few minutes all I'll change is the shoes and take off the shrug. Loving it.

All the best,
    Gypsy

While it would be so much easier to throw a tshirt on with leggings or sweat pants with a blouse I have to go fully female or I don't feel complete. With that said I don't mind wearing male clothes as part of my outfit but only in the sense a GG would such as a hoody or skate shoes or a baseball cap
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I wear mixed clothing all the time. Even at work I usually wear women's penny loafers with my suits. For the most part, I have found certain articles of women's clothing more comfortable and practical. Women's jeans and leggings have stretch that is usually more comfortable than men's equivalents. Women's shorts are shorter and not the crazy baggy look that men's shorts have. Pantyhose and tights are great for warmth and support, particularly in the winter. They are also great for keeping my legs from building up too much fluid while flying. Ballet flats and mary-janes are great because they don't put as much pressure on the top of my foot. Flats are great for slipping on and off in the airport security line. Never had one negative comment when mixing clothes in public.

The more people who do this, the more accepting these styles will become.
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/

quite a lot of feedback here.
    I dress somewhat blended tomboyish if you will ,as I have a bit of the co mastica going on I wear a soft bra , some nice mid to hi waist panties ,need to lose some more baggage to wear anything approaching sexy ,a v neck ladies t w/long sleeves ,lady wrangler jeans, some unisex type shoes and if I am feeling right some girlie socks, you have to look close to see how much is actually girls clothes some do not notic some make the connection might be that my chest is not that obvious as with gyno i am actually aa/a so I do not use forms I am pretty comfortable anywhere like this so like th eothers have said go with what makes you happy and comfy then it will help you build more confidence
    hugs phylis anne