Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fully dressed or mixed clothes?

When I dress I'm fully dressed, though I rarely do my nails. I will, on occasion, wear panties and pantyhose under my jeans when I can't actually dress up, but you should do whatever makes you comfortable.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Love to wear yoga shorts or Capri tights with sandals when I go to the market or my favorite yuogurt shop.

If you are comfortable then that is what you should wear.
    For me, sometimes some underdressing, but other then that I am full one way or the other
    No mixed signals here.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I call myself tomgirl sometimes (or t.g. for short haha). If I'm out of the house, I feel like the stubble has to go away (not necessarily the beard, but even a tomgirl's gotta look clean). After that, if I'm going to a hyper-male environment (my 9 year old is a huge fan of motorcycle shops) it's all boy-mode...or with the Mrs. (not so much a DADT thing; she's into under-the-radar in public, and boy-in-skirt is anything but, at least for her. I have plenty of drab that's a bit too...flamboyant...for her tastes as well)

OTOH, if I'm going somewhere I really identify with (bike ride, brewery, nursery [ planthead =) =) =) ], etc.) then I have a much stronger desire to 'be myself'...and for the moment that sort of generally means a skirt, and probably some cute sandals. Jewelry of an ambiguous nature. For tops I usually wear T's; guys, girls, whatever. Don't do forms and wig and the full shave unless I'm actually trying to look "like a girl".

Got a great compliment from a guy at the seed sale last weekend on my skirt & color choices ("thank God, hardly anyone in this town has any style"). Of course, he did ask if I was seeing anyone at one point, so his objectivity was questionable

Summer

Yes, did the exact same thing this past Friday. Started off in a cute top and skirt, but by the afternoon had put jeans on and it went so well with the top that I just stayed that way the rest of the day. Was casual, comfortable and still cute. Pink pumps matching the top would have made it better, but I don't have them yet so it was a good as it was going to get for that afternoon.

Charlotte

Hunter; try these. All are OK out in public in either "boy" or “girl” mode. Wearing clothes usually associated with the opposite sex rapidly becomes normal. Underdressing also provides a “head-start” for presenting as a woman since you are already wearing a bra, panties, slip, and nylons! Items that could be spotted as women’s clothes when underdressing, such as a bra and nylons, are more of a challenge in “boy” mode; but when there is no reaction from either men or women that invites one to wear only womenswear. I have found these items acceptable; they are readily available and, in fact, are mass-market items in the women’s department.

!) Slacks: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with womens pull-on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on and straighten pants.

4) Bra: Although wearing a bra in public in “boy” mode can make one nervous and it is a challenge to “hide” it, wearing a bra can make one feel feminine and can be practical in “boy’ mode to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders.

5) Nylons: Although wearing them in public can also make one nervous, an MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with women’s pull-on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and sheer nylons are OK and are more available. I actually prefer thigh highs as they are easier to put on than pantyhose, they do not need to be lowered to go to the bathroom, and only one leg needs to be thrown out when a run becomes apparent.
    Last edited by sfwarbonnet; 12-04-2015 at 03:52 PM.