Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you adapted?

I wear stuff that's supposedly inappropriate for my age anyway. Girls school uniform attire hasn't changed all that much, mostly only length of skirt, type of top, tie, etc.. Cheerleader uniforms are different today than from 40 years ago too, but not all that much.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not sure I have adapted to current fashions or not, Sure I do like some of them.
    But since I never go out of the house, I just wear what I like.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I like to think that I’ve developed a certain conservative style that has been fashioned by my 1960s/70s upbringing and is commensurate with my age. If dressing to go out, I want to appear to be a woman who doesn’t draw attention to herself but is seen as someone who knows what suits her. I think the little touches like wearing a brooch helps in this respect.

That doesn’t mean that I can’t let my hair down and (in the privacy of my bedroom) dress like someone much younger than myself. Not only do I find it thrilling but I can see how young, attractive, sexy women must feel empowered with the image they create.

I think a CDer’s dream must be to let loose in a department store trying on every style there is. I’m sure we’d find something that would suit us really well that perhaps we would never have previously considered in a million years.

Fwiw, if I had the female anatomy, I’d love to be able to wear women’s trousers which emphasise their hips/butt (and flat front) – sigh!
    Last edited by Cheryl_Layton; 10-02-2015 at 06:48 AM.