Thread: I've come to the conclusion.......

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

I've come to the conclusion.......

......that for just romping around during the day, you just don't have to put a lot of effort into passing. Maybe just toning it down and being a little minimal just makes it easier to move around in public. People don't notice what doesn't stand out. And look at what GG's are really wearing. Of course, here in Las Vegas there's that wonderful Vegas look but for the most part it's fairly subdued. So I'll be trying that approach in between the fantasy outfits.

DSC00323post.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

hey sister, with you all the way on this one, YES, and love the look
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

i agree, in working out how to get by in a manner that my wife is ok with relative to where we live, i came up with 3 categories femme lite (womens tops, low key earrings, my usual 24/7 nail polish, unpadded bra) femme casual (the above with jeans, some makeup, restrained jewelry, bra with inserts and ladies shoes) and femme(the whole enchilada - skirt, dress etc etc - we go out as two women). i feel good in all three modes knowing that i am honoring her and respecting the tightness of our relationship

Toning it down....??? Carla....? Carla, can you hear me...???

Toning it down...??? Toning it DOWN???

Well, I suppose it's possible... but I can't really see you (or me) heading over to the bland side for long...

I'm glad to hear that fantasy remains a firm fixture in the future for Sin City's most Fantabulous French Maid.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Be careful going out in the daylight dressed en femme casual, becomes addicting and so much fun and natural feeling that it becomes almost second nature and then there is no going back. I know I never will. Blending in is better than "passing" in everyday doings if you ask me. Have fun and a smile is part of your outfit don't forget.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Allisa dear,

I could not have said it better. I totally agree. I was never comfortable in heels or with the "glam" look. When I'm dressed like a regular gal -- jeans, crops, casual tops, sandals or flats I feel like one, and am treated like one. And oh yes, that pretty smile works wonders!

Lacey Leigh had lots of great suggestions. One I live by is to always smile when you're dressed (of course we do! ) -- makes someone think you know something they don't!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Reality Check
    Of course, dressing like a "normal" woman makes it easier to pass or blend in. I figured that out long ago.

In your case, that "farmer's tan" combined with that outfit is a problem. Either tan all over or cover the untanned skin.

It doesn't seem to be a problem for Carla who in fact seems pretty happy with it. Congratulations on finding more happiness and ease in your life!

Krisi since you are clearly the owner of any existing problem in this case I will promptly suspend my disbelief in your perceptions as reality if you can do one thing. To convince me I'm wrong and flip the egg-dicator to the Krisi-gold standard will be simple. All you have to do is explain your qualifications based on your situation to make that call for someone else in an entirely different one. Your way is right for you and your family; prove why it should be for anybody else.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

I start every day as a woman with a long run. This time of year, I'm in a sports bra, tank top and running skirt. I used to put on a little makeup, but lately I've just shaved, moisturizerized and out the door. So far nobody's given me a second glance, which is my test for passing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats how its done sister.

I call that "looking regular." I put a lot of effort into looking regular. When I go out, I want people to treat me as a regular old woman, and usually they do. And I love it.

Ah, Carla, you look great!
    Part Time Girl

I don't agree with you Carla but I'm happy that you're happy!
    As for me, you'll need bolt cutters to take my skirts and dresses away!

I totally agree with you. My wife has told me I look more passable with just eyeliner and some lip-gloss, then wear my hair down (it's much longer now than my avitar and brunette) with a regular bra under a androgynous top with women's shorts or capri's and flip-flops. If you dress to the nines it's going to get you noticed and scrutinized. If you blend nobody notices or question if that's a man or a woman.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Toning it down....??? Carla....? Carla, can you hear me...???

Toning it down...??? Toning it DOWN???

Well, I suppose it's possible... but I can't really see you (or me) heading over to the bland side for long...

I'm glad to hear that fantasy remains a firm fixture in the future for Sin City's most Fantabulous French Maid.

Katey x
    Thank you all for the wonderful and unexpected comments. Don't worry Kate. Most of the fun for me is pushing the limits.
    Maybe I'll go out wearing this next time.
    SAM_1740.JPG

Or, possibly this?
    14.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Normally I might comment that conclusions are not all that they are cracked up to be...

But Carla- you evidently create what you want to be. and thus: are such.

envy

Over the top and you seem fearless thats what i like about you Carla way to go !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Carla when male or female Im a boob person...nice job lol you look good in all those looks...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.