Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police Identity Check

Police Identity Check

Well this was perhaps the scariest moment of my life so far.
    I was out in my finest (floral halter sundress, high heel sandals and the lot - fully en femme) when I was stopped by 2 police officers carrying out identity checks.
    I swallowed my own heart. At that moment all I can think of was hell this is going to be the end of me and my crossdressing.
    There is no hidding. I pass easily as a girl en femme due to my small build and softer facial features. But my Identity Document says it all ......MALE!!!!!
    Luckily the officers were very professional. They did not (at least in front of me) make any remarks and carried on as for any usual identity check. He even apologized for stopping me, as he explained he had a duty to carry out checks....then maybe due to the unusual circumstances, he was lost for words and said "suspicious" subjects. I did feel slightly offended but I guess it was just me feeling uneasy as well.
    After this incident I was in no mood to go shopping. I went straight back home.
    Any had this before?

I don't know where you where (and/or) live but I never heard of police doing "random" identity checks. Is this common where you live? Did you notice them stopping anyone else?

I live in an Asian country where they do checks randomly.

They don't do that in the US unless there is reason to suspect something or perhaps a DUI check point. Of course some would probably do it to "meet" nice girls.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think even in any of the western democracies law enforcement have their own favoured ways of interviewing or checking someone they want to ("I have stopped you sir/madam, because you were driving in an erratic manner and I was concerned for your safety and that of other road users..." or "I am speaking to you sir/madam because we have experienced a number of incidents in the area which it is possible you may have witnessed...") - in other countries that is part of their law and what the police do...

It sounds like they were professional, which must be reassuring for you? I take it that there is nothing illegal about you dressing the way you want to and therefore perhaps you should be encouraged that at least where you were has a high profile police presence that should keep everything a bit safer...

The second time I was out and driving I was followed for about a mile by a police patrol car right into the car park of the LGBT venue I was driving to, but it turned out they were just going to the venue and weren't interested in me... but I can understand that your experience would have put you off shopping... until next time..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Wow! Scary but yet inlghting that they were so professional and didn't make any comments or made the situation harder then it already was. I would have had to go shopping because I would have needed no panties because mine would have been full of something.

that sounded pretty positive- to me. Not that i agree with random checks, but if that is the country/society you live in- the police sounded quite professional and polite. i'm sure it was scary, I've had a few encounters with the police too (in the US we call them "the fuzz"...) but if you tell the truth from the start- the majority of encounters seem to come out positive. I know a number of cops- they have no desire to cause problems- they just need to verify who people are to do their job- protect the majority of the people in a relatively sane manner. I've had a number of traffic violations- never happy to get them- but yeah- i was breaking the law. But that was it- just going to fast or horsing around. They let me know it was outside the acceptable limits. So back off, or do better at avoiding the fuzz.

the few times was CD or partially CD- the cop essentially asked what the deal was, I told him up front- and boom- those tickets- though i went to court- never a fine or points. Can't say it works everywhere, but in the NW chicago suburbs- be honest and reasonably contrite- treat your officer reasonably and don't try to hide anything- they will treat you like the citizen you are- maybe imperfect- but no penalty for crossdressing.

That's my experience.

If you want to try to beat tickets- you do need to be 'contrite' as i said- and if you can work in anything to the effect that you work in health care- or have anything to do with ER care- this pretty much gets you a lot of consideration. I don't suggest you lie about it- if a cop sense you are BSing - they will slam you. But when I was doing biomedical engineering- I was stopped several times- speeding- actually pretty frustrated as i had to get home do do stuff and get back to work- once (en drab- no CD involved) the cop took the time to settle me down- made me focus on driving safely. Wow- I really paid attention and drove carefully.

Another time- i was playing- dressing while driving- i had to run home to do something and then head back to the hospital- the guy started the traffic stop really aggressively- but i told him what was going on in so many words- he simply handed me two tickets- and said "go to court, listen to the judge" 6 weeks later- i did just that- he left before my tickets came up. the judge sat and looked at my tickets for a good 20 seconds, nonplussed, he seemed, then told me I was free to go.

In my opinion, we have a "live and let live" society here in the NW Chicago subs.

As long as you do not go out of the way to be a jerk or be overly visible- hey- we live here too.

I like my community- even if they are sometimes idiots...

Last edited by Krististeph; 09-30-2015 at 05:27 AM.

I live in upstate NY and the Police here are generally very understanding, at least in the cities and larger suburbs. Now there can, of course, be idiots in every area and in every walk of life but I have always felt relatively secure driving. Now I have never been stopped but anecdotally I have heard many stories of people that were and it was no big deal. Several people have mentioned an important point. Be polite and do as the officer asks!!!! People are usually stopped for a reason. Arguing is not going to get you anywhere. Most police officers are professionals who have a very tough job. A calm and courteous attitude is the best way to avoid problems.

I've been pulled over while dressed pretty, twice. Once in upstate New York, once on rural Pennsylvania. Both times late at night, just trying to get home without falling asleep. And both times, after politely answering questions and not being obviously drunk, let go without a ticket. Professional cops who obviously had seen it all, and had been trained in how to handle that particular situation. I think I was lucky too.

Back when I was driving a truck, I was stopped by a high way patrol down in Texas for speeding. All I had on panty hose very short shorts 3 in. pumps and halter top (no make up or wig) He had me get out oh the truck with all of my paper work and come back to his car and laid all the paper on his hood for him to look at. When he was finished he gave me my papers and said oh by the way you very nice and have a good day.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I have been very fortunate to not get pulled over whilst en femme.
    I'm glad, from wha
    t I've read on here, that most everyone has had positive experiences in such situations.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Reality Check
    Kristeph, it sounds like you need to work on your driving a bit. I have been driving for over 55 years and can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've been stopped by the police while driving. And in my part of the country, we call the police "police officers", not "the fuzz".

I agree with your suggestion to tell the truth.

Non-binary/Questioning
    Here in Toronto (Canada) the police do random stops but they don't (and are apparently not obligated to) tell you that you have the right not to give them any information, including your name, unless you are being officially detained or arrested (though if you're in a car, you are legally required to show them your driver's licence). Obviously, laws differ from place to place. I'm glad you didn't have any problems with them, Yinlingyen - in too many places LGBTQ individuals are routinely hassled by the police, and the US has a bad reputation for that because trans women (including, I would assume, CDs) are sometimes charged with various offences on the assumption that they're prostitutes ('walking while trans').

Haven't yet had to deal with the police directly while dressed, but I did have one 'interesting' experience recently...

After being in a nightclub for several hours as Ceera, I started to leave, but the guy at the door who checks ID's suggested I wait a moment. He knows me as a regular customer, and knows where I usually prefer to park. He pointed in the direction of my usual parking spot and there were two police cars there. Then he said quietly, "Police just showed up. I don't know why they're here. Just trying to keep you out of harms way. You may want to go back inside for a while." He also held back several others who were about to leave via that exit.

As it happened, I wasn't parked over there that night, but I would have had to walk close to there or to go a much longer route to get to where my car was. I stood there a moment and watched the cops talking to another customer who I had seen in the club. Then went back in for another 30 min or so, until they left. Nice that the staff guy was looking out for me.

To piggy-back on Mayo's comment - I was stopped by the Toronto Police some years ago shortly before Christmas while en femme - and ironically enough, coming back from a National Women's Show exhibition that was being held in town that weekend. It was a random check as part of their R.I.D.E. (Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere) Program to get drunk drivers off the road. Like the Yinlingyen, my heart sank to the bottom of my feet, and I thought that this was "curtains" for me, for sure. I also knew that if I turned back to try to avoid this roadblock, I would be spotted and that this would make things immeasurably worse for me. So I just proceeded slowly towards them, gritting my teeth and expecting the worst.

And do you know what happened? Nothing at all! When I rolled down my window, the officer who stopped me asked me politely if I had been drinking that night, all the while leaning in to about 6" from my face (yikes!) to see if he could detect any trace of alcohol on my breath. When I replied "No", he did a quick scan of my car's interior, and after being satisfied that everything was in order, smiled, said "Have a good night, Ma'am", and I was on my way without any further ado.

Could have knocked me over with a feather when it was all over, but also a HUGE relief...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never been pulled over enfemme or gone thru a DUI inspection enfemme.
    I suppose it wouldn't be a huge deal because I don't drink.
    I was at a local retail store where the police were loading up some shoplifters and an officer said ma'am if you don't mind come around this way to stay out of the way of the officers coming out with the suspects.
    I followed his advice and he held the door open for me. I thanked him and he said have a nice day ma'am.

My heart sinks to my stomach just reading about these situations but I am so happy to hear that they have gone well.

That is obviously one of the worries most of us have, is being put into an awkward position while en femme. I suppose as time goes on, I am hoping that society becomes accustomed and accepting to the point where these situations are no more difficult than it would being in drab.

you know I actively look for such encounters, cos i've a fair piece of my mind to impart, and therefore probably they don't happen to me!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Cops in my area often stop people for no reason, just to sniff their breath and look around in their vehicles. They say "you were weaving", or "you drifted over the fogline". I have no sympathy for drunk drivers. I was hit by one 35 years ago and spent three weeks in the hospital. But people conducting themselves in a lawful manner have a right to be left alone! Just my opinion.

Banned Read only
    Sounds like the Stop And Frisk that's going on in the USA to minority young people especially African american males.
    It being protested as against the constitution.I.D. check and frisk for No particular reason.

ITs not fair are right but it going on now!
    Last edited by chinabrown; 10-12-2015 at 12:08 AM.

I was pulled over once while en femme. It happened in Phoenix, AZ. Being en femme was not a problem, and the officer never made any reference to me being dressed the way I was.

I've had two incidents with police when dressed. Once when I'd mde a wrong turn on a one-way street (just a warning) and the second time when I'd flown home dressed and messed up the security code on the house. Each time the officers were courteous and polite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

i was pulled over once while dressed in mini skirt, semi sheer top and thigh highs (what was i thinking) the officer said...drivers and registration ma'am then did a double take. i told him the license was in the back in my purse...had to get out of car (pulling down the hem of my v short skirt) to get it. he was very professional and courteous with the exception of the $250 ticket, it was a good experience.

i had another occasion to ask a PO a hypothetical question about which restroom to change in. he was very courteous but did not have an answer. when a few minutes later another PO arrived he must have asked him so he called me over and the other officer was very blunt, aggressive (obviously too much military training instead of sensitivity training)....

so my experiences have been good but i could see how it would be scary

Hi Girls,

Speaking from the perspective of a retired police officer (28 years) We have seen most everything, Be respectful of the officer, and he will be of you. Don't lie, if we sense it we will wonder why, figuring it is something other then how you are dressed.

I hope these tips from the other side of the badge will help you all feel more calm when you have the occasion to meet an officer. I always try to look at it as meeting new friends!.

In my state back in the seventies we would often have to stop for a vehicle survey. They always asked "where ya coming from and where are you going? I was never stopped en femme but I always greatly resented being stopped and questioned. I didn't know it was anyone's business but mine.