Thread: Conversations with friends who have no clue

Aspiring Member

Conversations with friends who have no clue

So to be honest I am a little goofy, I may spend to much time alone at work, and love to play around. I have always been able to play with my voice so doing crazy voices is just me, though normally I am alone. Enough back ground. So with the current environment of the media and Caitlyn Jenner coming out as Transgender, most everyone I know knows a little about the Transgender word. That information may be very very little but they know the word. Anyways. ..

So I was at work being my normal goofy self when on this rare occasion I was working with some one. Now anytime you are goofy you are then asked." are you gay??" of course it is in a joking mood they are asking this. But the a new question was asked after the gay question. "are you transgender??". So trying to be fast on my feet and not deny myself but also not come out I asked "What is I am?". To which I added that I could be a world famous athlete or win an Olympic medal. So what would be the big deal??

In one phrase the guy summed up how almost everyone I know pretty mush feels....

"its ok with me just don't do it around me"

Like it is a bad habit or something .... crushed was the feeling I had, like I could turn it off an on ... For as much as it may be in the light of the public, the general public still doesn't have a clue .... and no I was not going to explain it to him at that moment and out myself when I try so hard to hide it.

It was a reality check....
    Professional thread killer.

I think it would have been a perfect time to own who you are. Your response should have " i enjoy it and it makes me feel goos. Or at a minimum use the opportunity to educate. You may actually be surprised the amount of people that will accept who you are.

You need to find ways to let her out in your daily life to have any chance of climbing out of the morass.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Stef is 100% right.

Skulking around with secrets and shame is no way to live.
    Last edited by Badtranny; 09-30-2015 at 08:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Silver Member
    When you transition you will probably change a lot of minds and attitudes.

You might be surprised just how perceptive your clueless friends might be.

The plan was to have dinner with a couple fishing buddies at their house the other night before we went out to fish. So as to not to show up empty handed and needing a carry all for the refreshments I was bringing over,I grabbed a nice clean 5gal.bucket which is standard equipment for a fisherman and loaded it up with the goodies.

Although we had never discussed gender before,his comment to me was,"that's a very masculine presentation,are you transitioning back?"

Caught off guard I could only answer,"I yam what I yam"
    formerly blonde member

Aspiring Member
    at this time I do not have the courage yall may have at this point in your lives... I do appreciate your opinions but this was more about the "just don't do it around me" comment. Maybe one day I might be brave or I might not. I was just dumbfounded at how little people know even though the media and web are full of info, though I could just be way off base since I look for it and they only see it at a glance.
    Professional thread killer.