Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: passing

Reality Check
    My observation is that most women walk like women. That is, they walk differently than most men. I dated a female for a year or so who walked a bit like a man, enough that I noticed, but I know from close inspection that she was a female.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    ... Also, be aware of how you eat - don't shovel food in with your head down to your plate like it's your last meal, take smaller bites if you have to ....
    Oh Char, this is so true. For some reason when I'm in guy mode, I try to fit all that I can in my mouth. I love eating! But, I am aware of that so in girl mode, I always order softer foods like fish or pasta and I take small portions. Great advice!

My question for OP is: "Could you tell from a distance who was male/female" by their walk?

If so, then the women were not walking like men. Enjoy this partial guide - PM me for the rest in pdf.

HOW-TO-Walk-Like-a-Woman
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...els&highlight=

Silver Member
    I think that most women walk like women, not runway models. Elbows in, arms out, wrists more fluid, shoulders back, head up and knees/feet closer together. Their pace is slower. I once heard men possess a space and women pass through it, which I think is accurate. Women also include clothing, accessory and hair adjustments as they move about.
    Along with the walk is also how you stand and men almost always have a wide solid symmetrical stance (think boxer) and women have an asymmetrical, narrower stance. MHO
    Next time observe the butts of men and women as they walk and you will see a difference because pelvic dimensions are different.

I am and always have been an intense people watcher. Even when I was a kid, I was sometimes scolded for staring at other people. It was not something I was really trying to do, but I just have a strong habit of observation. I have learned to try to control it as I have gotten older... and older and older lol.

There are definitely small differences of how most women will be and have mannerisms that are different than most men. Some of this I believe is taught, either by people, parents whomever who will actually teach us how to be, or the observed and then picked up ways. Young girls and young boys will observe others, and especially adults in general and parents of course and emulate their movements.

If you spend some time in rural areas, watch how men and women are as opposed to men in urban areas. You will find some differences there too, again, all subtle. If I could surmise one basic difference of mannerisms between men and women, is that women tend to be more closed and narrow below the waist while more open above it, and vice versa for men. examples are that women stand with their legs closer together, feet usually pointed parallel. knees have a tendency to point inward. legs crossed tighter, over the knee, or knees together. This probably comes from centuries of wearing dresses I think, and is now considered to be un lady like to sit with their legs spread apart. above the waist, just the opposite. pams are usually open, out, fingers tend to be straighter. hands and arms are out much wider when talking or gesturing in general.

For men, just basically reverse it all. wider stance, legs apart, feet tend to be pointed out more. Upper body, arms folded more, elbows wider, but arms otherwise tucked in more, palms are typically not shown as much, fingers tend to be closed more.

These are generalizations, not concrete. both genders will exhibit all the mannersims I mentioned, I am just saying that there is MORE of it with MOST of each gender of the examples I gave.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Like Heather wrote, you can observe a lot by just watching. And that's the key. Watch real women. Duplicate what you see over and over again.
    Walking, and yes, I've posted the bio walker link many times over the years but it only shows how you should basically move. But youtube has provided much better for so long. I cringe every time I see someone write 'walk and put the toe down first', or 'put the whole foot down at the same time'. NO. NO. NO. Spend five minutes in any commuter area in the morning and watch women walk, it should be pretty obvious. But for those who don't want to look like foot fetishists staring at feet in a big train terminal, I tracked down some simple tutorials which should make it easy even for those who mistakenly studied the encyclopedia moronica's 'walking in high heels' section. Here, watch it's simple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYNaAOx9WHU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfN1Ks_4dig
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NsqfS1wU7M

Those should help solve the walking issue. Well fitting shoes, not just shoes that look nice, are the first key. Second is PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. There's simply no substitute.

The rest? Watch some old movies, especially those which have hoity toity snob characters in them, watch the women at tea parties, and see how they behave. He!!, play it on a big screen tv and get up close and mimic the movements. You'll have it down in no time. Get into being the character you see on the screen, as if you were going to act that part in your own movie. Be the girl.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.