Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jeans and tennis shoes

jeans and tennis shoes

Does anybody else dress in tennis shoes and jeans? I have be secretly dressing for about 7 years are so but just recently been out in public..I walk the dog around the neighborhood at night. 6'2 145..Look young but really not sure if I can really pass.Makeup is still a big issue to overcome. I have been passed by a couple of late night joggers, one was a women that passed me up. Do you think that's ok to do and what do u think I should wear to make sure I pass?

Banned Read only
    Wear what you feel comfortable in. I've gone out in a skirt, heels and push up bra with no makeup. The makeup I wear is very natural tones(like my avatar pic) and I know I don't look even 50% passable. But that doesn't concern me.

Yes, and have grown into accepting that all styles seem to have a place or time to be the one you need to be you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Oh yeah jeans and tennis shoe girl here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-01-2015 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurana View Post
    Wear what you feel comfortable in. I've gone out in a skirt, heels and push up bra with no makeup.
    I agree to wear what you feel comfortable with. I love jeans, especially streach jeans. Im not a big fan of tennis shoes though; prefer sandals.

I wear jeans in drab mode only, because I have straight hips, with hips and waist the same size. Skirts and dresses giver a better illusion of hips. (Yes, I know. I should buy some hip pads.) But of course my jeans are all very obviously women's jeans: lots of embroidery, lots of bling, flower patterns down the legs, or obviously feminine colors. I may be in drab, but I'm still making a statement.

If you walk the dog in the dark of night, nobody is going to notice whether you're wearing makeup or not. I'm sure that female jogger who passed you wasn't wearing any makeup because she was doing a strenuous activity.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

yeah..I see what your saying
    With out that my face does not look female at all..have any ideas of shaping eyebrows with out shaving them

For your eyebrows, try having them threaded. Threading salons have opened in a lot of malls.

Eyebrows make a difference for us. I sit while watching TV about once a week plucking mine. Vanity mirror in hand and I go to town on them. I check my ears and such for that ugly hair growth to.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Tracii shows you how to pass, that's an excellent look! xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Depends on where I am going. For a trip to the grocery store, where I'm looking to blend, I'll usually wear jeans, and either tennis shoes or boots or wedgie sandals. Last night I went to a bar to listen to a band, and wore jeans and boots. And tomorrow I may well wear jeans and sneakers when I go to a dance that's being held at a local restaurant.

Jeans are a good choice for passing in a casual setting. Lots of genetic ladies wear pants these days for shopping or casual activities - a lot more than wear skirts.

Wearing boots in this pic, but this is an outfit I wore to a bar last night, and I passed quite well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reality Check
    Many women wear jeans and tennis shoes. The issue is something that was mentioned above - women have hips. I have two sizes of jeans. 10 for Homer, 14 for Krisi. That's because I wear a padded undergarment as Krisi. I don't normally wear tennis shoes as Krisi, I wear flats. Of course if I was out walking or jogging I might wear tennis shoes. I don't have women's tennis shoes though.

What else should you wear to try to pass? Breast forms and a wig to start with. And of course, a blouse. Most women don't wear a lot of makeup just to walk the dog at night, but we need all the help we can get. I wouldn't worry about the eyes, especially if your wig has bangs, but beard cover and a little lipstick will help.

A bit of low key jewelry helps but remember you're walking the dog, not going to the ball.

don't do tennis shoes except on the court. but all the time.... almost always open toes to show off my nail polishwedgies 2.jpg

Agree with Krisi. I always wear hip pads when Dressing, so my hips look right even with jeans. (And my breast forms and wig, of course.)

Admittedly, some GG's have slim hips and no butt, but being curvy and having a definite difference between waist and hips helps our passability a lot.

All of my jeans and sneakers are women's and have been for years. No one ever noticed, or at least didn't say anything.
    I prefer my jeans a little snug to show off my ASSets anyway, not those baggy wranglers guys like to wear.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

In Houston depending on the neighborhood I'd definitely be wearing running shoes and jeans. There are some good places around Houston that are safe and after dark probably no one is going to notice a small dab of makeup.

thanks jaylyn

Basically that's what I wear everyday. Since I don't wear men's clothes I have to somewhat blend in with society. and the casual woman look does that.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Wearing tennis shoes and jeans is okay. Nobody will say anything whether you pass or not. I personally have my fair share of women's jeans and tennis shoes. I can wear them in drab without any comments or looks. So don't worry enjoy them whenever.

The more comfortable you feel in what you wear the more likely it will look natural and you will most likely pass
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

with reference to woman's jeans..can someone tell me how the fit is different than men's skinny jeans.?

Quote Originally Posted by michellesissy View Post
    Does anybody else dress in tennis shoes and jeans?
    Every day in drab, pass on the look while enfemme
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Of course it is okay. Casual dress is what we most often wear- certainly more appropriate for a dog walk than wearing a dress. I do this a lot too. There are so many ways jeans fit- but women's jeans tend to closer than men's. You will not pass unnoticed by teenage females, most likely- they notice fashion details like you would not believe. but especially if layered with a light jacket- you can get away with female cut jeans and shirts easily in the evening.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferinsf View Post
    with reference to woman's jeans..can someone tell me how the fit is different than men's skinny jeans.?
    You will have to go try some on because its really hard to describe.