Thread: 1 year & 1,000 posts update

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar

1 year & 1,000 posts update

Dear hearts,

Thank you all for bringing so much colour, fun and fascination into the last year. I feel like I belong to a very exclusive and wonderful club, full of warmth, and a cast of characters beyond a screenwriter's wildest dreams.

My crossdressing, though it's happened occasionally since my teens about 40 years ago, suddenly burst into an obsession in July 2014. It burned brightly for a few months, then under the pressure of circumstances, faded away to the extent that I haven't put on make up for many months- I've lost count. I still underdress, as I have my entire adult life; still wear the occasional piece of female clothing about the house, and still buy things- quite recently 3 new wigs, a fishtail Goth skirt, some gorgeous Goth leggings and some divine Cosabella mesh thongs in a range of pretty colours.

But the crossdressing itself has all but stopped. For now. I don't doubt that it will start again, and I don't worry about it. There has never been guilt attached to it for me, or shame, or even that much embarrassment- most of my friends, and my wife, and all my exes, know about it and have seen pictures; a few have seen me dressed. But my wife is uncomfortable about me doing it where we live, and I respect her wishes, so it will probably only happen on my rare visits to the UK.

I've learned a lot about other people, by being here on this forum. It's been an eye-opener for instance to learn how many men do feel ashamed of being a crossdresser. To all of you I quote my favourite forum quote, from one of the members whose constant good sense I admire greatly: in the words of Eleanor Roosevelt, "You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

To those of you embarking on relationships: be honest about it from the start. Don't imagine repressing it is going to work long term. If your SO rejects you for it, better now than later, and they weren't the right one for you anyway. Fear of loneliness is a powerful incentive to try to be something you are not, and ultimately the dishonesty will come back and bite you in the ass.

And to all you glorious creatures, with your creaking bone corset stays, your unfeasibly tight undergarments, and your unflagging dedication to supporting retail sales of make up, camouflage and plus-size ladies shoes-

God bless you all.

Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Beautiful words Nikki...congrats on your 1,000 posts and hope to see a lot more coming in!

Love Jeanette
    Love and hugs Jeanette

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Nikki, congratulations on post 1000. That's wonderful acknowledgement of your contributions to us here. It's sad to hear that your CD'ing is going underground but, as you very well know, things will change and you'll probably have future opportunities to be fabulous. As a famous song writer once said, "Life happens when you're making other plans."

Best to you.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

lovely to have met you Nikki, i like the humour you bring to our community!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

nikki
    the forum is only as helpful and the members are willing to share..thank you for your post
    like others sorry to hear your femme side exploration appears to be stalling out...

Nikki,
    Dressing is something you can always come back to.
    Sometimes you need a rest.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congrats on your milestone!

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Congrats on your 1K posts Nikki.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Good job Nikki. 1K posts ... [check!].
    Now just imagine how many you would have done if you actually had something clever to say!

I always enjoy reading your posts as they are a wonderful mix of good advise, healthy common sense and a bit of humor thrown in for good measure.

Glad to know you!

Hugs
    Suzie

Well, glad you're happy to be here, and may you continue to express your ideas here. But as far as the post counts, I've always found that publishing post counts just inspires people to put up a lot of useless drivel into threads, while somehow assigning wisdom to posts that simply isn't there. Way too many people think the more they talk/post, it will make they seem smarter, like it's some kind of mark of superiority.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Congratulations Nikki on your 1000 mile stone.

You certainly didn't disappoint. I have always loved all of your posts, ...well except for maybe #471, you didn't really put your normal effort into that one. Oh and #614, I'm pretty sure you had a few glasses of wine before you wrote that one, but all the rest were definitely worth reading.
    Glad you are here, one of our sisters and look forward to reading more of your post far into the future.
    Love ya
    Victoria D
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Banned Read only
    Awesome insightful post and congratulations Nikki! The forum IS the members, thank you so much for being here and sharing so much!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Thank you all for your kind words.

The point of mentioning the 1,000 posts is that my posting rate has dropped- it's taken me roughly a month to add the last 10, which reflects where I'm at with the dressing. The point of the post itself is to illustrate the arc that I've passed through, a year being a handy milestone. I attach no intrinsic significance to either.
    I used to have a short attention spa