Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossing a major hurdle at work

Banned Read only
    Congratulations Marcelle! It's been really amazing watching your progress over the past couple of years. I remember some of your first furtive excursions. And look at you now!

You look really cute in your BDUs, too...

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I don’t even know if the US military are close.
    Actually, they are getting there. Last weekend I met with several T-people from SPART*A (Servicemembers, Partners, and Allies for Respect and Tolerance for All). Currently one Army Dr. at Walter Reed is undergoing transition while on Active Duty, another recent graduate of the Naval Academy is awaiting clearance for orders after beginning transition following graduation/commissioning. Several others I met have already transitioned in place on their own, one just received a prestigious award for his (transman) service in the Navy Supply Corps.

If you do your job competently, there is more support out there than most would have expected. I am sure there will be holdouts in each service, but times are indeed changing as there is now support from above, starting with the President and Sec. of Defense.

Oh, and Marcelle, you ROCK!
    Last edited by Sheren Kelly; 10-06-2015 at 04:21 PM.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    ...The base itself is 80% male and to my knowledge 0% trans....
    You've been around this forum long enough to know that a lot of TG folks are in the military! I'm sure that you had a number of people thinking about their own situations in terms of your pioneering presence.

Good for you!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Gone to live my life
    Hi Eryn,

You are correct . . . I really meant to say "openly trans" vice "trans". There are quite a few of us in the military for certain and I have been contacted by three who wish to find ways to explore this side of them in the military.

Cheers

Isha

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Isha,

I was going to ask if anyone has approached you for advice... There is one bloke at my work who I'm sure is trying to drum up the courage to talk...
    Last edited by Nigella; 10-05-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Have a read of the rules regarding quoting posts
    Call me Donna, please

Hi Marcelle

I have felt that I was stuck in the middle and was asking when do I get to just be!
    I'm finally starting to feel on most days now that I just am!
    Thank you so much for your courage! Hearing your story gives me strength.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Isha,
    Your experience always helps put mine in perspective. I had more coming out last week that I am going to write about in a new thread. It pales in comparison with yours. I am so proud to know you!
    Suzanne

Gold Member
    Post it Suzanne! We want to hear that too.

Well Major "Hurdle," (aka: Major Marcelle)

That was handled amazingly. You've obviously prepped yourself well and you have a great respect by your fellow officers. That is a great feat. I am truely impressed by the way that you handled the junior officers' actions, very appropriate and professional for the military and with dignity too.

I'm proud of you and your achievements.
    -Erika
    Last edited by Erika Lyne; 10-23-2015 at 12:09 AM.
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

I work for the military (RAF) as a civilian (slightly different) but like Marcelle as working as a woman after working many, many years in male mode, I fully understand the inner fears you hold, if fear is the right word?
    So, as a civilian, if permitted, I salute you!!! for your tenacity and strength as officer and a female...Good Luck for the future

A gentle searcher. Chriscrossed's Avatar
    Awesome work and self discipline while giving some discipline.