Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Just Shaved Off My Beard !!!

Good job and good luck friend! Learning about makeup is so much fun! Don't expect to know everything by Halloween though. There's a lot to it and you will easily burn out if you do it all at once. That being said, have fun and be good to you and you'll be as pretty as you want to be.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."
    Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

I know everyone is different, but I hate the sight of facial hair (on myself, not others!) I despise shaving but I know I have to do it if I want to look my best. It's the same with body hair, it's become an obsession of mine over the past ten years, trying to get rid of it.

Don't expect to know everything by Halloween though.
    I put on full make-up for the first time yesterday, and you're right, I was a total klutz. I so look forward to being merely competent at whatever else it may be called, delicate face-painting.

I saw "pretty" there though.

If I had a pro making me over, I think I'd be ok.
    Last edited by Anneliese; 10-18-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Yikes, I've had mine for over 40 years but I still like it. I'm afraid the change would be too much for my wife and daughter (and maybe even me - lol). My head, face and arms are the only places I don't fully shave. I have no desire to go out or try to pass.
    Lisa

I shaved my stach & beard a few years ago never looking back.I love going out in the public and I'm still not totally passable but Id be much worse with a beard.....lol

I killed my beard after a trimmer accident where the head slipped and took a gouge out of my beard. Since it looked so bad I took it all off. I didn't like the way it looked at first, but when dressed up a bit I kind of liked it. Not enough to keep it off, but I am planning to shave it off for halloween, i'm going to be princess peach from mario for a party where the host knows about me, it'll be fun and my first time out in noticable fem clothing.
    -smiley
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

I'm still clean-shaven, and have gone out a couple of times...of course, it's only been before the sun comes out when I walk my dog, but it's a start ! There are always a few headlights which hit me, and I've survived unscathed. ;-)

There's a few times a year I have a beard but mostly, I keep it clean for now.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Non-binary/Questioning
    I've had a beard for over 30 years and shaved it off this summer, purely to see if I might actually be 'passable' without it. No such luck - I look like Severus Snape. And now the beard is back. I'm hoping the Conchita Wurst look becomes popular.

Reality Check
    When I dress (several times a week), I can look in the mirror and see a woman looking back. Maybe not a pretty woman, but a woman. That would be impossible with a beard or mustache.

Facial hair is something that comes and goes as far as being in style. It's also related to lifestyle. I had facial hair many years ago but I've been clean shaven for years. Facial hair makes us look older and I would rather not look older than I am.

Mmm!

I think playing this game a beard or hairy face seems very out of character.

Shaving a beard off if you are dressing would be a hell of an improvement in passing. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Other than not shaving during vacation camping trips, I never really had a beard. However, I did have a mustache for several years in my 20's. After my divorce, I rediscovered my alternate feminine persona. The facial hair was removed promptly, never ever allowed to return!

Currently I have my full winter beard....I just told my wife I was going to shave it off.....I usually start it in October and shave it in April, but I really want to try to "go out" this winter so the beard must come off! She asked me to keep it until Christmas.....I'm not sure I can wait......