Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there times when you don't feel like dressing up ?

Being sick generally takes away most people's motivation to do much of anything. Hope you had a good day of rest and are feeling better now.

Silver Member
    When I am asleep.

Over the last 2 months I have gone through a phase where I wanted to dress then with a flip of a switch I had no desire to. Bums me out I go through that but I take it all in stride...

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    sure.....everyone has lazy days...today is one of them for me, I am not getting out of my pajamas

Absolutely!
    For me it's the opposite of you describe, it's rare that I am in the mood to dress up. Maybe once or twice a month. But sometimes the urge is very strong. I think people could be very different. Also depends on the level of privacy you have and what the motivation is.

when ill, i might not even get out of my night gown.
    but the about everything i own was bought in the womans dept. might have a couple forgoten things from the male deptments. except for my leathers.

Nope, usually when I don't dress it's because I can't.

On occasion I actually like to put it down and not dress for a week or so. That's because I know I can do it again when I want to and on my schedule. If I were somehow forbidden and "not allowed", that would be different and more stressful.

My answer is a simple no. If there is an opportunity to dress which means I have at least 90 minutes at home alone, I will always become Tracey. I could not imagine missing the chance to feel wonderful for at least a short while .

Reality Check
    Yes, if I'm really sick I don't feel like dressing. I also don't feel like dressing if I have something else to do that can't be done dressed (as a woman). I don't take my Krisi stuff with me on vacation but I would rather take the vacation than stay home and dress.

BTW: There's no reason one has to wear full makeup to be "dressed". A good shave and some lipstick does it for me. Maybe a bit of beard cover above my upper lip.

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    In a word no if I could id be dressed 24/7 if I get a window of opportunity I'll slip on something quick. But the most fun I'll have is when I can completely dress head to toe and fully immerse myself into Melanie. Those times are few and far between only cuz it takes me a couple of hours to get ready and at least another hour to return to a boring male lol and I always used to take the mick out of how long the wife takes now I know. xxx

I'm new to the scene and not passable. I enjoy dressing at home, but only at home. Most days I'm too busy to dress in anything but panties, but by late afternoon I begin to change and enjoy spending the evening in women's clothes. At night I usually sleep in a night gown.

Plenty of times. Tonight I could have, but didn't. Didn't feel like it. Plus I was feeling more male than female today.

Sometimes I feel like not dressing up on such days I just wear a bra and panties under my jeans and tee shirt and just put on some lipstick

I always feel like wearing female clothing, but I often don't feel like putting on makeup. If I'm feeling bad, I just throw on an old house dress without forms or a wig. I don't own any male casual clothing, so dressing as a male requires some effort.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I fell and badly sprained my ankle about a week ago. Prior to that I was dressing nearly every day and since that fall, not once. So yeah, there are times like that. Once I can walk again without crutches or a cane, I'll probably be back getting pretty as often as possible.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    It's understandable when sick a person wants to do absolutely nothing but sack out and sleep. There are many times I have the opportunity but no motivation to be en femme. I think it has a lot to do with whether or not there is a pent up need to express oneself. Before I retired I had to schedule a day off from work for "therapy" because I just did not have the privacy when I needed it the most. As a retiree with a working wife I have ample time for self expression. Last year I was really ill which ended up with surgery. All I wanted to do was crawl in a hole and pull the dirt in after me.

Aspiring Member
    I can every day but I am in the mood not even every week. And even when I dress, it is simple and no makeup.

I like the term "dressing up" and often use it to describe what I do as a part-time CDer who likes to transform from boring casual guy to ultra-femme everything over the top girl. I would most likely use instead "dressing" if I dressed so that my outward presentation conforms to a strong internal feminine identity.

Sarah Charles... you may not remember me, and this post thread is about a month old.. but.... last February I slipped on black ice and shattered my wrist. I wrote how I was unable to care for myself and my wife helped me dress. Your reply was so tender and through that response I knew you were a sensitive soul.

Tnen I read tonight how you fell and sprained your ankle! LOL! Not that you sprained your ankle. but that you worried about not being able to dress. I smiled. I"m better know, the wrist is good, but not great. Hope your ankle is healing and you are weaning yourself from the crutches.

Aspiring Member
    No, I'm always dressed but to what degree yes. There are times when I just lounge around in nighty and robe, then other times casual, and then to the nines. But I'm always dressed. Its my life.