Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does the shame ever go away?

Non-binary/Questioning
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina Page View Post
    You mentioned that you live at home in a VERY religious muslim family. Muslims tend to be very homophobic. But they may not necessarily be trans phobic. This could work out in your favor since you mentioned that you are attracted to women.
    Just want to point out that Christians, as a group (particularly conservatives/Evangelicals), are also very homo- (and trans-) phobic.

Therapy was and still is very helpful. Just being able to let all the feelings out to another human being was a relief. Plus I can dress while there without worry of judgement.

Also for me being able to come out to my wife and having her acceptance leaves me with very little to be ashamed of.