Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seasons of...

Seasons of...

Fall used to be my favorite season. I could always look forward to Halloween to be out and not questioned (Yes for those who wonder I have done all the stages of getting where I am...fetish, closet, part time, more often...until I got where I am today. But that's me ok, where you are is you). Now I dislike fall because it is the harbinger of cold and snow. I don't like being cold. 40 years ago, I loved winter and winter sports, the snow the mountains. Then I loved fall. Now, I am a summer girl.

So, the question is, in regard to being TG (broad sense people), what is YOUR season and why?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

mine is Spring - perfect skirt/dress transition weather, not too hot, not too cold, and the girls are out in their finery too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

The other way around for me Lorileah. I used to be a summer girl but that has changed completely over the years. I now absolutely adore fall and winter, I love to see snow fall and walk through it. Or a long walk in the fall when the leaves are on the ground. In regard to my dressing...fall and winter are the seasons to wear my favorie item...hosiery, hosiery and more hosiery!!
    Love and hugs Jeanette

I always loved the cooler/colder part of the year and especially considering dressing. Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy warm summer days .. but with a limit!
    Having lived in Georgia for many years, dressing in the summer is just not enjoyable for me. Those are not warm summer days .. those are stinkin' hot sticky humid days!
    Makeup, wig, body padding etc etc just never worked for me in that climate.

- Suzie

Fall is my favorite season. Let's face it, It's easier to dress when the weather is cooler than it is during the summer. The skirts are longer, the sleeves are longer, it's just better for the over all presentation than shorts and short sleeves are. We like to believe that we look good , or better, with a bit more showing but the reality is that we have more telltales exposed when dressing lighter.

Halloween has always been my favorite Holiday, even before accepting all of this. Now i get a few chances to get out and feel the wind and such where the rest of the year it's trapped in this house. While I still play it very cautious, if I am "clocked" or whatever, it's not as serious as if I was out during the summer. I know for a lot of people here, they don't care about this but for me, I am still not past that hurdle of not caring.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Cooler weather for sure.
    With all the girl stuff on I'm usually too damn hot.
    I don't mean in a sexy way I mean temperature wise.
    Looking for any cool breeze to blow up my skirt !!
    Hugs
    Samantha

Summer, Summer, Summer, Bring on the heat.
    I just love the heat of summer, the cooler weather and the winter
    causes me great amounts of pain, Arthritis in hands make the cooler weather just hell.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Fall is my fav , i love the fashion for fall, so many options, so many layers...its fun!.....scarfs,beenies,boots, leggings, jackets yay!!!!

I'm a summer gurl, perhaps because don't live in a really hot climate.
    If I had to deal with sweltering weather for months on end, I'd get tired of it. But in these parts we only have a few really hot days a year.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

winter, spring and fall, never did the halloween thing, just recently gone to support dressed and have now moved further down the rabbit hole (picked up a few more things to help me blend more) and will be getting out there more, i dont do well in the heat and with all that i wear to be a girl, especially the wig....sweating is not an option, temps are better spring and fall and still remaining private for the mrs. winter is an inside sport....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    While I love pretty sweaters and now the leggings with boots I prefer Spring and summer. Love a cute skirt or nice pair of shorts for summer wear. Love the occasional snow but I like it kinda warm

I have to say fall through spring. My face wont melt, kts not hot, and i can get out. I have fojnd the summer to be hard on me after being in the heat all day i just dont like getting out in it. But i may change my mind next year as i progress.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

spring for me...I love that winter is over having been from the northeast until recently, the warm yet not hot time...especially when wearing a wig! it always feels like a rebirth which is perhaps what I am always looking for.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Definitely fall for me. I live in the near tropical deep south. After a long, long hot summer there's nothing better than the crisp nights of fall. Down here this means nighttime temps 50-65 degrees. Not really cold by some standards, but after summer acclimation to 100+ degrees with 90+ humidity, then 60 degrees and no humidity is cool.

I like the colours of spring and summer, fall fashion is usually dull and dark coloured.

I don't like the cold any longer. I grew up where winter meant eternally shoveling snow, and frigid temps.
    I love spring fashions, and I love the change to fall fashion as well. My preferred fashion style suits these two seasons.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Living in SoCal means not much winter. Unless we go to the mountains for skiing, boarding.

Personally, Halloween is my favorite holiday. It's the only time Sherry can and has passed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Spring and fall are my fave times of year.
    I love summer too but stay inside when it gets super hot and muggy.

I am a California girl and definitely a sun bunny. I start heating my pool the minute the overnight lows go above 60 degrees (usually around the first of April) and I am out there in bikinis and short shorts for the duration of the swim season. I definitely have seasonal affective disorder. When the sun and the heat go away, I am not a happy girl.

That said, this is my first fall being fully out to my wife, and I have been stocking up on leggings, long sleeve tees, big sweatshirts, and other cute things to wear around the house during the cold season. I am really looking forward to the Christmas season this year.

Summer definitely the best for me after recovering from a kidney problem which came back twice but now is ok I can't cope with cold like I used to also the summer is nice to go out in something colourful but not over the top. my coral batwing sleeve blouse is lovely and cool to wear in the summer, roll on next summer!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Having lived 50 years of dreary winters and humid summers, I just love it out here in the desert. We get two long periods of springlike weather, mild winter and scorching summers. So I guess my favorite season for CD is "desert"!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Daniella Argento
    Summer all the way here.
    You get to wear nice cool clothes (I find woman's clothing cooler than men's).
    You get to show off your legs, without freezing your butt off.
    You can wear brighter colours. Yes I know you can wear whatever you want but in general summer clothes have lighter, brighter colours than winter
    The birds, the trees...
    Where I live winter is very brown, greay and dreary. Summer is bright, light and green.
    Summer is sexy
    Winter is boring

Funny you say that Carla... My favourite is dessert!

Being from Texas... I HATE the summer it too hot and humid to go outside without immiedialty breaking a sweat. I personally like fall and winter more. Because it's so much cooler here and my allergies don't bother me as much

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha2015 View Post
    Cooler weather for sure.
    With all the girl stuff on I'm usually too damn hot.
    I don't mean in a sexy way I mean temperature wise.
    Looking for any cool breeze to blow up my skirt !!
    That is for sure! But so many of the people have a misconcept of the Sunshine State, it get's Very Cold here to with the humidity making it bone-chiling in the high 40's. Sweat is not conducive with Makeup but a Pretty Coat and Skirtsuit is!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Banned Read only
    Lorileah,
    The seasons in the UK aren't always that well defined, I don't have a favourite one because each change just brings variety to what can be worn !

Last year it was warm enough to cut the lawns on Xmas Eve, suitably dressed of course !