Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's secret smile

Women's secret smile

Hey ladies,

I have been going out more and more of late and getting to the point of where I'm comfortable doing it which is great as I used to be really nervous at first, and now I'm not scared to look people in the eye as I pass them, but anyway I've noticed that when I'm shopping in the supermarket for instance, when I pass a woman they will smile at you as they make eye contact,..........no not a "I've just made you smile!!" at least I hope not!!! I'm sure that's not the case, but more like a nice friendly one of the girls smile!! I feel like it's sort of being let into a secret female club!! I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's like a I like your outfit smile.

One things for sure as a man in the same situation that would never happen in a million years!!! people would think you need locking up!! have you girls noticed this? I must say I like it and it really is a confidence booster to feel just like one of the girls!!

Michelle

Yes, I have noticed this too. Mostly from younger women while shopping. But, I have come across women that complement me on my clothing. When I go to clubs, it is not so much a smile, but women actually approach me. It is really nice.

Yes all the time, always wondered if it was because I'm a male dressed en femme. Now I smile all the time so exchanging smiles is just a way of saying hello. I do get smiles while I'm in my "femme" male mode I think because I'm just happy and it shows.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Men will nod quickly when making eye contact with another male. Women smile at each other. It means nothing more than a nice Hello after making eye contact. Usually nothing more and nothing less.

Michelle - I don't really want to blow bubbles in your jacuzzi at all, but...

If you smile at women en drab (I do - lots - I'm an alarmingly smiley person most of the time...) and they smile back (they do too - and not just in supermarkets) what 'secret club' am I being enrolled in then...? The "he's smiling at me and I'm a woman so he must be a very girly male" club..?

I have to say - you have a super smile and look, btw - that this is probably just more to do with your general demeanour, confidence and happiness levels at being yourself... People respond to that, male or female - probably most men in similar circumstances are just not very congenial but more focused on what they're doing like grabbing a prawn salad sarnie and a bottle of Scotch and heading back to the office in a hurry... (working lunch with me is a blast! ) I personally believe you've just made it to the 'Happy Club'...

Keep smiling and keep enjoying it!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

they smile first, that's the test Katey!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Whichever mode I am in if a female smiles at me I smile back.
    Does it mean anything? I have no idea.

Silver Member
    I live in the midwest. People here tend to be friendly. If I look a woman in the eye in passing they smile regardless of how I'm dressed. Guys may smile but usually do the forward or backward nod. I've been told to avoid eye contact in places like New York, but I think that's b.s. New Yorkers usually treat me just fine. In fact I tend to get along well where ever I go. Even Newcastle!

Banned Read only
    I've experienced that frequently en femme, I find women are quite friendly that way. I've even experienced it when en androgynous (leaning to the femme Ummm...OK, I don't know what the hell I was at the time, think 'Andrej Pejic' I guess). It's an odd feeling since I'm not gay...kinda like 'oh yah, she wants some of this' and at the same time 'oh yah, let's hang out and compare manicures' 😉

Once I discovered the secret of the girl smile en femme, I decided to test it out en male.

It works exactly the same, but it's really important to look right in their eyes, not any lower. Sometimes they smile first, other times they return my smile.

Just be careful. Once in the grocery parking lot a girl and I exchanged smiles. It turned out that her BF was 6 feet behind her. That could have turned out very badly for me, but I don't think he was a member of the smile club.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I smile obsessively. Pretty much all the time, at everyone.

While presenting as a male, some women will smile back, some will not. While presenting as a woman, most women will smile back.

What I have heard is that some women don't like smiling at men as they think men will take it as an invitation for an advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 78 View Post
    One things for sure as a man in the same situation that would never happen in a million years!!! people would think you need locking up!! have you girls noticed this? I must say I like it and it really is a confidence booster to feel just like one of the girls!!
    Yes, most women do smile to acknowledge one another's presence, but I wouldn't call that a secret smile? It's always been like this and it crosses age groups and cultural boundaries. When I was much younger (decades and decades and decades ago lol), I didn't smile at men because I thought it would be perceived as "an invitation". Way back then I also sensed that men felt awkward about smiling back at women, as you say. But this was a long time ago and the rules have changed. I smile at whoever meets my eye now, men and women alike, and I receive smiles and/or friendly nods from both sexes in return. You should try it in guy mode too, you'll be surprised at the results!
    Reine

I have had the privilege of making friends with a few girls from this forum in the past year+, and they (and their wives) have all been so kind to explain many things to me - including smiling. I was told (and found it to be often true [nothing is "always true" for everyone, of course] ) that as a general rule: 1) Men nod to each other, but generally do not smile in the process. 2) Women smile at each other, but do not nod. So I have been practicing to not nod, unless a guy nods at me first - and to smile at ladies, but not nod. One of them said "when men see a woman they first look her up and down, and once they have decided they are not going to have sex with her - they move on to the next one. Personally, I love when they look me up and down, then move on, because it means they looked at me as a woman - and i passed! And since i am hetero, they might as well move on because no, they aren't going to be getting into my panties. If they want to get into someone's panties they will either have to find a gg, or go buy their own.

[note to self: don't invite Katie to jacuzzi party....]

I have heard/read/deciphered tea leaves that women may also smile so as to disarm any potentially troublesome situation.

Be careful Michelle, the "secret smile" is not a sign of acceptance to a "female club" or something like that, it is not a sign of approval from women. It is actually one of the secret signs between members of the Illuminati lodge, that people is very dangerous, never return the smile!, seriously, never do it!, unless you want to accept the invitation to the secret evil group with everything that it entails...

Or maybe, you are already one of them... for your own good, I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Valery L View Post
    Be careful Michelle, the "secret smile" is not a sign of acceptance to a "female club" or something like that, it is not a sign of approval from women.
    You're correct. It's just a polite and friendly greeting, without saying the actual "Hi".
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    I've had a really bad patch with my CDing and gender issues but since my last sessions of counselling and almost separating from my wife, I feel I've turned the corner, I wrote it all down for my counsellor, and then suggested my wife read it . Part of what I wrote was that I fully accept my CDing and gender issues and now don't worry who knows, because it's not going to change how I feel. Since then I have been a totally different person along with coming off my medication, somehow people appear to pick up on it, maybe I do look happier but it feels like it's coming from inside . I don't go out dressed at the moment but everyone just feels friendlier and accepting, the smiles are just saying Hi and being friendly.

I make eye contact and smile at women all the time, even in male mode.

I feel it is a natural thing for me to do and in female mode it does work well and I feel at ease.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There is no "secret club". Just friendly or not friendly people (males & females).

Katey is 100% right. It is one of the first things I learned as a man as far as meeting women. It probably is not secret at all. In a place like a party, make eye contact, smile, if she smiles back; then go talk to her. But I do walk around a lot dressed and sometimes it seems like women do recognize that I am dressed and do go the extra effort to acknowledge me.

I smile at people in stores including women and usually get a smile back. Its just a friendly thing after all.

I live in Texas where everyone is super friendly. Most of the women I encounter smile at me regardless of mode. It doesn't mean anything, it's just "being polite." In male mode I nod, in female mode I smile back.

I only see others in my male mode. Lately, I noticed a few young women smile when passing me. I always interpret this: a girl thinks "I can smile at this old geezer; he's harmless". Reading this thread I begin to wonder...

Banned Read only
    The smile is OK but watch out for the secret hand shake...get that one wrong and you might as well be outed as an under cover cop in the Hells Angel's super top secret for super real bad members only like seriuosly really bad dudes hide out 😵

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    The smile is OK but watch out for the secret hand shake...
    (Shhhhhh! You're not supposed to tell anyone about the secret hand shake ... so please don't mention a word about the secret public bathroom bonding rituals.)
    Reine