Thread: Gabby's longwinded adventure.

Gabby's longwinded adventure.

So, I had some deliveries coming in and knew I had the afternoon and night to enjoy them today. Please bare with me as I summarize the day. Pictures to be posted in a couple days (if I don't think I look too horrible).

The reason for this outing was that I had made some purchases. I received by Black flare sleeve top from glamour boutique and my first set of forms and the sensible 4" pumps were do in today.

The SO had to leave for an early meeting so I took the opportunity to put on my new control top black tights under my drab clothes. I spent the morning in meetings. This is the first time I have really underdressed and I love the feeling of the tights all day.

First stop around noon was at Target. I wanted to try the sticky bra thing that makes cleavage. Grabbed that and some shaving essentials since I knew I would need another shave before I headed out. SA at checkout could have cared less what I was buying so no problem there.

Then off to the mall. I wanted to do some browsing and also needed to pick up a black cami or tank top for my planned outfits. Checked out a number of shoe stores but nothing close to my size. I ended up at JCP and found an amazing underbust shaper that was amazingly in my size from maidenform. Checkout SA was a nice older lady. She said "this is an odd thing for you to buy". I really wanted to be honest with her but I didn't want to upset her and gave her the old "I am just paying for it. The wife is in the car."

I couldn't wait to try on the shaper so I popped into a restroom and squeezed myself into it. I fit almost perfectly. I think my torso is a little long for it but it wasn't bad. As I walked out I noticed the connectors on the straps were VERY obvious through my shirt. Oh well walked the rest of the way out of the mall enjoying my flat tummy and the feel of the shaper.

About then I got the email that my packages were in. Off to the PO Box and then back to the storage locker to check them out. Tried on the pumps first and they were great but a little big. I think that is good news because I might be able to fit into a 13 and it seems there are a lot more styles in that size than a 14. Love the look of the pumps. Oh, and for anyone looking to learn how to walk in heels I suggest trying a 5" platform first. The 4" pumps were super easy compared to those. No problems there.

I then tried on the forms. They felt amazing but the bra they came with was too tight so I ended up wearing a maidenform bra that was more comfortable even though it was a size smaller. Then I put on my skinny jeans, new top, and Gemma belt. It was a little scary trying to sneak out of the facility but I made it. I drove for a bit and then pulled over to insert my forms again, pop the wig on, and throuw some lip gloss on (seriously, I think I would have to start at 8am to be ready for an evening out if I wanted to do makeup too).

I drove to a mall type area and parked in a secluded area just so I could get out of the car and make sure I was reasonably put together. Then I drove and parked close to a Macy's entrance. I really wasn't feeling great about how I looked (In my head I looked like a man with fake boobs and a bad wig). Regardless, I drummed up the courage grabbed my handbag (a nice mauve suede number) and got out and decided to walk towards the entrance and around the sidewalk. Just as I did that an older lady came out walking right towards me. Normally I would have done an about face and beelined for the car but I just kept walking. I am guessing she clocked me but I can't be sure (maybe she had poor eyesight). I ended up walking about 100 meters around and back to the car. A couple cars passed but nothing major.

Now it was off to take some pics. I found a spot and snapped a few including some attempts at selfies. Wow that is an art form. Then I found a spot to switch in to this leopard print pencil skirt I love. More pics (not loving how they turned out at all but oh well neither rome nor gabby were built in a day). I was running short on time so back to the locker. I wanted to try on my red dress with the new shapers and forms. God I love that dress. The sleeves are a little tight and my arms are a lot white but otherwise I think I almost look presentable in it. Took some more pics and then it was time to switch to drab and put everything away.

It was a lot of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. I love getting even that tiniest bit closer to passing so that maybe some day I won't be so completely obvious. The sad part was thinking about all the running around and changing in cars and lockers and not being able to do makeup all because my SO doesn't know. I am coming to grips with the fact that I will have to tell her if I ever want to really enjoy dressing without the stress.

OMG can I babble on. If you happened to read this wall of text thanks for that. There is something about posting about this stuff that helps me wrap my head around all the craziness.

Platinum Member
    Hi Gabby, It really sounds like you had a wonderful day.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hey gabby, glad you enjoyed your time out an about, thanks for sharing.

With regard to the SA I've decided that I would admit the purchases are for me, however I've yet to have the chance to do so, so maybe I'd chicken out. Here in Ireland SA's aren't as chatty in the bigger shops as I've experienced them to be in America so it may not ever happen.

As for your wife that's a personal decision, only you would know how that would go but based on your enjoyment of the day maybe it's something you should do.

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Sarah, I was fully prepared to admit to the SA but honestly she was just a nice older lady and it would probably blow her mind. I think I get a way with my excuses and they say things like "this can't be for you" because my drab presentation is pretty masculine (tall, muscles, rugged good looks )

Miami/Costa Rica Crossdre SweetVicky's Avatar
    Dear Gabby,
    reading your wonderful post, it's just like writing myself with exactly the same experience, the feeling is out of this world and I identify my self with everything!!
    As you do it, you will feel more comfortable, going out dressed up and taking photos, I suggest you to get a small tripod and you will always find something to place it and give yourself 10 seconds in the timer and voila! a great shot, I'm sure,
    at least, that's what I do and love it!!! GO GIRL!!!
    Vicky