Thread: Do they get a buzz out of it ?

Banned Read only

Do they get a buzz out of it ?

If you dress with a certain amount of confidence even if you still go out in drab, maybe underdressed, I'm finding people actually appear to get a buzz out of it knowing you're a CDer.
    On of my favourite skirts is a black velvet one, it's always been too tight on the waist and now the zip has broken, some would say it's old fashioned others a classic skirt, all I know is it's fabulous to wear ! I've just found a very nice lady that runs a small repair and alteration shop, so I asked her to look at the skirt and see if it's worth altering. I made it clear that it was for me and did she mind doing it, she smiled and said no problem because she already had several CDers she does work for. She then began to ask in great detail about my dressing presentation and asked very tentatively about my body hair because she said it's the biggest mistake CDers make, she alters some beautiful gowns and has to bite her tongue when they ask how they look because of all the body hair showing !
    I answered that all my hair has gone, when you buy nice underwear and put on stockings the effect is totally lost if there's hair everywhere, she replied good , I'm glad to here it !
    The following day I had to revisit the shop to pay the balance and leave my mobile phone number, I also handed her an envelope with my pictures in , saying that she might as well meet the other half ! I could see she was really enjoying this , she absolutely loved the one in a maid dress and made the usual comment about my legs ! She then looked up smiling and said this girl has got to have a name ! So I told the obvious one was Teresa ! She then told me that I 'd just missed another CDer called Julie !
    She gave me a date for a fitting, so I asked what would she prefer me to wear, she said if possible the rest of the outfit but left it to me if I wanted to wear heels. I haven't bought the blouse yet so will wear a suitable top with forms to get the full effect, I know she doesn't mind and neither do I !

I felt she was getting a buzz from the experience, I've noticed this before with SAs, helping a guy choose underwear or try on shoes gives them a bit of a challenge which most appear to enjoy !

Teresa ,
    buzz or not it appears you have a supporter in your corner it is great in many ways enjoy ti
    phylis anne

I have a local beautician who is only too happy to help out with a full set of nail and eyelash extensions; also my hairdresser wants to do my hair for our upcoming support group Christmas party early in December. There is also a seamstress in a nearby town who has altered a few gowns for me, and likes me to have a fitting in the shop.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Banned Read only
    Good post Teresa. I've never experienced it myself (at least I don't think I have) but I can see it happening. Kinda like seeing a unicorn outside of the enchanted forest

'Holy poopy-poop, what the fudgcicle is that' (take that naughty word filter 😠 )

I agree, nice post Teresa. Years ago, someone hacked into my computer, it has spread like wild fire that I was a cross dresser. It has made it harder for me to meet women, but I still do. It is so hard to believe though. These people are unbelievable. My sister found out and she called me a freak. This is the same woman that is talking about when she gets money from my mom before she is even buried. And you call me a freak? Have to ask everyone here, is there any way of finding out who is hacking you? Only reason I ask. My sisters, husbands, brother, works for a computer company, and my brother in law is so intrigued with my life. So I think that they have hacked into my computer, and I want to prove it. Please, if anybody knows how I can, I would even pay to have that info. I can't stand people that are like that, sorry.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Good post, Teresa. I think we all have a natural desire to find women that are on this side of the fence as far as acceptance. Maybe secretly we just want to adjust our current non-accepting situation to the correct starting point instead of the begrudgingly obliging tolerance nonsense.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Teresa, I had a similar experience yesterday. At a makeup counter (Clinique), I made it plain to the SA that my makeup questions were about makeup for me. She was totally into it. She was very professional, thorough, helpful, trying on several shades of concealer/foundation to match my skin tone. I made sure she knew that her help was appreciated.

YIM -- tracigirl111

Gone to live my life
    Hi Teresa,

I think you have hit on a legitimate kind soul who doesn't judge people for who they are. She may be getting a bit of a buzz in the fact she is accepting and your response to her kindness (opening up) brightens her day. Great story and good luck with the rest of the fitting . . . are you going to wear your heels?

Cheers

Isha

Reality Check
    Bree, there are professionals who can set up security on your computer if you can't do it yourself. The Geek Squad at Best Buy comes to mind but you could do a web search.

Simpler things would include adding a password to access the computer, turning it off when you are not using it, and of course, locking the room it is in. And don't let anyone else use it or even get near it.

Savvy people could access the computer remotely through the Internet. That's where encryption and firewalls come into play. That's where you may want to pay a pro.

The women who run small clothing repair and alteration shops must be the same all over the world.
    Jenny, my local expert, showed no surprise when I wanted a new zip put in on a skirt and we had a similar conversation about men wearing skirts, etc.
    She showed me some lingerie she was repairing but wouldn't tell me his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I felt she was getting a buzz from the experience...
    Why do I get the distinct feeling that she wasn't the only one...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

LOL Katey, me too.

Teresa, I'm so glad you're feeling comfortable telling people in the services industry about the CDing especially when it comes up, like a skirt alteration.

But, a word of caution about bringing out the pictures. Although most people who provide services are nice to their clients because they want the return business, it is a business for them and to whip out pictures I think crosses a line. This applies to everyone, whether they CD or not. I'm sure a lot of people are proud of certain things (think the grandma who has just had her first grandchild), but if she and everyone else who is proud of something showed their pictures to everyone they deal with like restaurant personnel, SAs, upholsterers, seamstresses, mechanics, etc, it would get old.

I've been where you are now when my first child was born. I wanted to show the pictures to everyone, but I soon discovered that people weren't all that interested in seeing them, they were instead humoring me because they were nice people. As to whether or not your seamstress gets a buzz out of the CDing? Chances are she doesn't. Most people don't, unless they are CDers.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Reine,
    I understand your point, and wouldn't have done it without considering that . When she asked me about my body hair she made other comments about supporting CDers, her daughter often goes to a CDing club in a large city and enjoys the fun and the safety aspect. She also told me a very funny story of a CDer who insisted on having padlocks fitted on all his clothes. I do believe she is genuinely interested and not just humouring me, OK she makes money from it !

Katey,
    I won't deny you being right on that point, I look at it now that had I separated from my wife I would have dressed far more openly, I still feel like that so it's finding ways to come out and feel totally comfortable with it.

Not sure about a buzz, but I do know a lot I have met are interested and like to assist in the transformation or success of the exercise.

I have left many a shop four or five hours later and also a lot poorer.

Usually a great deal of satisfaction and often a different identity as to what I went in with.

I just love the experience of having others help me to look good.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.