View Poll Results: what is dressing to you??

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • an art

48 42.48%
  • a hobby

57 50.44%
  • something to do on the weekends

8 7.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what are your thoughts?

I can not vote on this one because I don't think any one of them fit me. Because crossdressing is me being able to be me.
    Brittney M:

You will never get anywhere in life if you can't do it in heels! :eyes:

Banned Read only
    I've been a crossdresser for as long as I can remember, and I always will be.
    To me it's as natural as breathing.
    I agree "need" should have been another option.
    Because I certainly need to crossdress.
    Speaking of which........

None of the three categories in the poll describes my feelings about cross dressing. My mother dressed me as a toddler until my father discovered it and put the nix on it. That just meant that mum didn't dress me when pops was working. My mom was just about 4' 11" so it wasn't long before I fit her clothes. Then, as my mom found that I was wearing her clothes when she & dad weren't around, she too, tried to stop me from using and wearing her clothes & makeup. She tried to stop it simply because she didn't want me to mess up her things.

Anyway, crossdressing is part of me. I did it when very young because of the encouragement of my mom and because the clothes both looked and felt good. As I approached puberty, it became sexy as well. As I progressed I realized that I am attracted to all feminine things and people. That includes GG's and males who look and act femme. I'm a femaholic! I'm hooked! It's me and I love it!

"What are you waiting for?" -

Hmm You need an it’s in your blood category. As none of the yours really work for me.
    Last edited by Roxane; 02-12-2006 at 07:17 PM.

What Me Worry
    I voted an art form but it is so much more to me as others have said it is really a part of my life. The illusion of trying to become feminine is a great joy for me. It started when I was young and continues to this day at over 50 years.

I voted hobby in as much as it is something I do in my spare time, because I enjoy it. And I hate golf.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

I have to agree with Wendy also. cross-dressing is what completes who I am. I stay dressed all the time unless I'm visiting my kids.

Sometimes I wonder " Is it really cross-dressing when it feels this natural ? "

just a thought

be well All

marie

sometime frantic
    It has me bring out the best in ME!!

Yes, I must have it.... I even thought of how I can alter my current dude clothes if that was all I was stranded with on a desert island

When I was about 6 or 7, I wanted to dress up on Halloween, boy was I pissed off when my mom somehow managed to fit me in her mini which came down to my ankles. I still remember that! She could not get the hint that I wanted to go to the store and buy clothes for my size that were appropriate for my age that I could pick out. -- I took what I could get, it was still my best Holloween in my youth...

I've had lots of hobbies and still do, but if this is one?! Then all I can say is it's the most intense.

"Can you see the real me?" (The Who, Quadrephenia)

What a girl wants

I believe it's a need and a way of forgetting the worries of life.Going on a vacation is'nt as relaxing as crossdressing.

Banned Read only
    [SIZE=3]I wish i were a female anyway. Dressing is just a small insignificant part of it.[/SIZE]

Like most others, I think the choices are too limited to render an answer. I dress because I like it. I like feeling and looking like a woman. You may as well ask a GG if getting dressed up nicely is an artform or a hobby. I dress that way because that's how women dress when they get all dressed up. I understand that it's a "hobby" and an "artform", and frankly I don't need more to do on the weekends. They go by too fast as it is. But it's way more than that. It's a need and an expression of part of me that otherwise has to sit in stifling silence. It's another facet on the diamond of our lives.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Thumbs down None of the Above

It's not a hobby, nor an art form, nor do i just do it on weekends to get a thrill! For me dressing is a must, because women wear women's clothes. And not just silk, satin, frills, lace, leather and high heels. I wear panties and bras everyday to be me. And nothing more! So if you're going to do a poll about these things, you'll need more options. Especially here, where there's more than just your weekend crossdresser!

Hmmmmm. Interesting options but I would have to say that it is an addictive habit for me. No matter how many time I try to quit I can ever get away from it.

Hey, I just like wearing skirts, etc.

It's not a hobby or an art form and I do it mid-week.

i would say that it is none of the above. It is part of me. not a hobbie that developed, but something that has been with me since i was born.
    *\O/* *\O/* *\O/* *\O/* *\O/* *\O/*

Cheerfully
    -Jenna Cheerleader

I have to go with "none of the above" also. For me, crossdressing is a big sign on my forehead that tells other people how I want to be treated, but more importantly, how they can expect me to treat them, i.e., as a woman, and hopefully a lady.

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

Art all the way

Hi all

Dressing is an art.. I have the clothing down pat pretty well, but the dam makeup is so elusive. I have considered enrolling in a makeup coarse,
    how ever I know they practice on each other, and I don't wish to get beaten up on the way home, by their boyfriends who think I am cutting their turf

I am always scanning the Womens mags trying to get Clues, Tips and
    advice

Hugs, Sarah
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like so many others, I have to say 'none of the above'. It is simply a part of me that is necessary and a compulsion. It makes me who I am.

All of the above, plus it just feels good.
    Hail Satin!

Smile

my vote was hobby but i don't dress enfem as a hobby i dress because i NEED to and WANT to i like my self better enfem then in drab i love the feel of panties, bra, thighh high, short skirt,and high heels.so please add more choices.
    hugs
    Ronda

The closest thing that crossdressing is for me would probably be a "hobby," although I'm not entirely sure that would do it justice.

Given only two choices, I had to vote for "Hobby". It is the closest to what my CDing is. I don't really think of it as a hobby and more a combination of life style and expression. Then too, I have seen people let their hobbies take on a life of their own.

GG SO of maryjanecapri StevieStevie's Avatar
    You left out LIFESTYLE.........

I just feel I have to for a satisfied state of mind