Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossdress and aging

Your best years are ahead of you. You will find that you are more relaxed about cross dressing and will enjoy it more.

New Member Buttercup's Princess's Avatar
    As I age, I am being faced with less than perfect health. I challenge myself to accept myself and to be comfortable with my aging self, and control what I can like excerixe and natural remedies. However, I do feel sad when i see that perfect crop top that I just can't pull off anymore since I'm no longer a teenager.

I just turned 56 and the one thing this crazy hobbies has taught me is that if your happy with yourself the rest doesn't matter.

what a great thread....first i want to say that as a older woman i appear to be part of the majority...whoopeeee..

i have only been dressing a year or so and now dressed about 80% of the time. i go out all the time including hours today...at the mall (buying makeup, then playing golf now at home with my wife and her woman friend)

i realize that at 66 i have a few good years left and want to make the most of them...then hold on for dear life

Luciana, I think it's clear many of us have this problem - not much any of us can do about the implacable march of time...

But there are some great examples here already of how us slightly 'mature' girls can maintain some elegance and grace through keeping fit, eating healthy, and treating your body the way it should be...

Other than that, apply plenty of foundation and take lots of selfies NOW so that you have a youthful inventory of pics that will last years in the virtual world...

I'm sorry, but I will NOT be trading over to a grey wig... EVER...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Our experience is entirely up to ourselves; we can see things in any way we want to. We choose. I can think of myself as a 90 year old man, or a girl of 14. Only reality gets in the way, but we choose how to interpret that as well. Sometimes all we need is sufficient feedback telling us what we are, and, avoiding that which tells us what we don't want to see. I crossdress in attire, and wear other things too, which support the feeling of being that 14 year old girl. Because that was what I thought I was going to be. A future as a man was never envisioned once I was 7 years old. From then on, all thoughts looking forward were envisioning a female life. There was nothing to prepare me for being a man. So although in reality I'm nearing retirement, in my mind I will forever be that 14 year old girl. The rest, is all an act. So, I'm an actress, if you will. An actress living an entire life, forever playing first the role of boy, then man, and have done a marvelous job of it so far, other than the brief moment when a wife decided to peek at the actress behind the curtain, and be so horrified by what she learned, that she had to turn away forever.

So in my mind, I'm still 14. I can act like I'm older; and experience has made me very good at it. But I will be stuck, female, 14, forever. In my mind, at least, forever young.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I guess for me I personally feel that age gets in the way about how I feel about making changes in myself when it comes to being Transgender. I feel like at the age of 41 years old that if I don't deal with being Transgender right now that it will be too late as I get older and that I better make some changes now before I get too old to make a change. It might not even be true but that is the mentality that goes on in my head.

I feel like I need to transition now while I am still young and get that body that I really want before everything starts to sag and so on. I sometimes wish that I would have come to terms with my feelings when I was in my twenties but then realized that I would have never had the confidence at that time either so its all about how you feel within yourself that everything else will fall into place.

Aspiring Member
    At 76, I feel like I have passed the quarter pole and am now in the home stretch. Mentally I still feel like I am about 40, but physically my body keeps dropping hints about the reality of my age. As the years pass, I become more and more aware of my mortality. and the urge to accomplish what I can in my time left keeps growing. I find myself crossdressing more than I ever did, but there are a number of obvious reasons for this. Retirement and the empty nest have provided far more opportunities than in days of yore. Also there is a sense of frustration over the lost time because of the necessity of so much suppression of those desires that I am determined to compensate in my twilight years.

Crossdressing has never been a matter of thinking I looked pretty or beautiful. I have never been overly conscious or caring about my appearance whether in male or female mode, as other things in life were always more important to me. Mirrors have always been used to ensure I didn't cut myself shaving, and to make sure the basic requirements of combed hair, straight ties and so on were met. When I crossdress, they are handy for doing makeup, and making sure everything is hanging correctly etc. I never gaze admiringly or even disgustedly at my mirror image because I don't really care that much. It is simply the sensation of being able, as a man, to dress in a completely different manner than is expected and to enjoy the adventure and excitement of doing so. That has never changed despite my age, and I hope never will for as long as I am able to strap on a bra, pull up some pantyhose and slide a dress over my body.

I don't really worry about what age has done to my appearance, but I just feel saddened sometimes that this glorious gift called life has to end at some point.

Veronica

I am 70 and still am enjoying the gift of being Transgender and being alive .
    The thing that bothers me most is that I am running out of time ,I guess that is why I Try to get out every day and never take any day for granted.

I'm 67 and I just go with the flow. I can't stop it so I let it go. besides my butt still looks okey.
    Angie

I am 68 and I like my, sort of dumpy, self. When my wife likes a particular angle or look; she takes a photo for me to view.

cross dressing and aging

Aging is but a stage of mind. Accept yourself and enjoy the adventure.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-18-2015 at 09:18 PM. Reason: you don't need to quote the OP

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciana View Post
    Someone else has this problem with aging?
    Actually, instead of focusing on something that you cannot change, work on something where you can realistically effect change. If not, you open the door to a lot of unnecessary misery.

DeeAnn