Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the most surreal conversation I've ever had

Amy, actually there is better way than thrift shops. There are cheap cloths suppliers like in china and other places where you can buy in bulk at very discount prices.
    Part Time Girl

I sell a lot of vintage stuff on ebay. Panties, nightgowns and yes, vintage men's briefs.

When I sold a pair of vanity fair panties for almost $200.00 (why anyone would pay that much for a pair of panties is beyond me), I printed off the auction page and showed it to the clerk at my favorite thrift store. She later told me that some of the clerks were talking about men who buy women's clothes and she mentioned me and said, "Oh, he's alright, he sells them on ebay." Then she told about the big sale.

I've told a couple of other clerks at stores that I buy for ebay and I say "You know the larger sizes sell better"...I leave it to them to draw their own conclusions.

But it's a fickle market. At one time shortie overalls were hot...you know, shortalls. I was buying them all over town. Then the market dropped.
    Not so much now, I got boxes of them! LOL. It's hard work putting stuff on ebay... writing descriptions, taking photos, listing them... but it is also nice to get those checks in the mail.

Ah, life is good sometimes.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Very cool conversation.
    I would like to start a business someday, wouldn't be in fashion though.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".