Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For how many of you did this start out as a fetish?

Like many here have stated, I started dressing at about 5 so there was no sexual component to it. No doubt that when puberty hit, it became a fetish. At this point I dress with no sexual component, though sometimes with. So, I guess I grew into it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm not convinced there's no sexual aspect prior to puberty. I can remember at age 5-6 laying on the bed face down and rubbing myself on the bed. No, it couldn't come to a "conclusion" but it felt good doing it. By that age I had a strong attraction to lipstick and high heels, strong fetishes for me still. I don't believe fetishes begin at puberty. Much earlier, just unable to "enjoy" them fullly yet.

I started during my teen years and it is definitely a fetish to me, I have a strong fetish for makeup and that's where it started.

For me it was part fetish and partly what I wanted to do

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I'm not convinced there's no sexual aspect prior to puberty. I can remember at age 5-6 laying on the bed face down and rubbing myself on the bed. No, it couldn't come to a "conclusion" but it felt good doing it. By that age I had a strong attraction to lipstick and high heels, strong fetishes for me still. I don't believe fetishes begin at puberty. Much earlier, just unable to "enjoy" them fullly yet.
    Yup. I've never believed there was really a time I remember when this wasn't sexualized. There was always sort of a "bondage" aspect of women's clothing to me. I remember being on a church camping trip at around 8 years old. The punishment for acting out of terms was that you had to wear a blue dress for the rest of the trip. I recognize that feeling I had towards that "punishment" now as arousal. In fact, I remember my arousal at just hearing the word "skirt".

Platinum Member
    Hi Mikeyp, At age four I didn't even know about fetishes .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    As a child I was the young companion of my mother and sister. I was fascinated with the way they dressed. Mom would get completely dressed, makeup, foundation, bra, stockings and heels. Everything but her dress and then get us ready for school. Quite the image! I always helped my sisters with their hair. As puberty dawned, my older brothers had images of fabulous buxom untouchable women. Something just clicked and I decided to just become the woman of my desires. As it was my fantasy, I could do whatever I wanted. There was already a residual bondage thing. This has all become a very creative and enlightening experience.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Blue Orchid, I didn't know about fetishes until reading all I could find about them (while reading all I could find about crossdressing) in my early teens, but they were there anyway, long before I ever heard the word fetish.

That's a hard question to answer. When I first tried on my sister's clothes at around 5ish, there wasn't anything overtly erotic about it but I did find it arousing in a way I couldn't describe. I just hated being a boy and all of the expectations of "boyishness" and thought being a girl would suit me better. At the same time I had dreams and fantasies that could only be described as intensely erotic but they involved women in authority: babysitters, nurses, teachers, etc. It wasn't until I reached puberty that these themes began to merge. My first orgasm was the result of a fantasy where I was dressed as a girl while some boys had their way with me. I found that very disturbing. Up until then my usual fantasies couldn't get me over the top. Afterwards, my femdom fantasies started to incorporate aspects of feminization. The common theme is emasculation which is why I think of myself as an emasculation fetishist rather than, say, a tranvestic fetishist... although I'm that, too.

@stevie before I figured out my love for crossdressing, I was heavily into age play. I'd imagine myself as a baby with a dominant woman in my life, who would humiliate me and tend to my every need. That then started to escalate into the "sissy" world of things. I'm not all that into the "man" aspect of it all though, although I can get a taste for that stuff from time to time. "helpless sissy" would best describe my crossdressing.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Some people here might tell you that you will progress, outgrow, evolve, etc. From the fetish stage. Take it from someone who knows otherwise, don't count on it. Maybe, maybe not.
    Total agreement 49 years old here been dressing since I can remember and I still love it allot...great turn on, and it makes me happy.

To everyone's point do not be s=distressed and unless you re talking to a real gender therapist don't take their advice...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Hi all. This is as good a place as any for my first post. For me this is all a fetish I guess. I do love the feel of fish nets and pantyhose. Love the look of 6" platforms on my feet. However, I will try to keep this classy...after I reach orgasm, the thrill of wearing these things is gone. The other night I dressed up, reached my conclusion, and when I was finished I looked at myself in the mirror and thought "you look ridiculous." So I guess the pre orgasm me is my feminine side and post is my male side?? Can anyone relate to this?
    Last edited by Katey888; 10-17-2015 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Removed prohibited subject matter

That isn't my case, but it's a common thing to hear. For me, I tend to feel like any urge is an annoying interruption, switch to male clothes before, then take a shower after and go back as soon as possible.

It's clearer if there's a clear sexual component, and maybe that's good. If I see something pretty that I don't have or if another color that I'd love, it's a big temptation to get it -- and while I'm closeted, I dress almost 100% at home -- and that could be rooted in some primal urge (of which sexual arousal is perhaps the greatest) -- but I don't feel aroused at all. It could just be some muted thing. As with many people, at puberty, it had some effect when I first put them on, but I just wanted to be past that at that time, until I quit because I was scared of being caught. When I came back to it years later, I figured it would be a fetish, but it wasn't. Didn't help with that, I just loved collecting clothes and wearing them. But it's a compelling hobby.

Also, I don't have any big impulse to pass, although that could be because it would be difficult to do so.

It's more complicated, I think, if you can't be 100% sure why you do what you do, except that it's fun. Since I know people who have transitioned, however, the lack of clarity can make one wonder.
    Last edited by CDAdmin; 10-21-2015 at 08:30 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the entire preceding post

I can perfectly relate to you Indiana ..... I could have wrote your very post ..... It's kinda hard to talk about

I started dressing up right at puberty , I loved the feel and look of girls clothing .... I loved to be "pretty" .

I admired the respect and command that a dolled-up girl got in my eyes .

My first orgasism came when I was in pantyhose ,heels , and a bra ..... 70's babyblue terrycloth minidress on ....... IT came as a surprise to me!!!!! I thought I had broken something !!!!!

IF I had more female friendly features , I might have chosen a different path in life . I have thur the years gone thur stages . The gathering of clothes , shoes, makeup,etc ....

Then burning them in a bonfire .... Living alone at times will make you more addicted to it .... Yes it's a thrill , but yes I would go right back to dressing ..... I would spend days dressed up , trying different clothes and looks . Almost got caught numerous times . Pretty sure I got caught twice . Nothing ever got back to me though.

I'm back doing it again. I'm challeneged to get as girly looking as possible . It's like a quest ..... Don't know what I will do if I get there.

It's still got a sexual side.

There is more to my story than I care to really just share with anyone ...... But if anybody here that reads this wants to talk more ...... just PM me .

I don't understand my situation , nor do I ever expect to have those "answers" that I use to seek .....

Just knowing there are other people that have felt like me ...... brings me happiness

I was hiding in my mothers big closets when I was about 10. I say her nylon and shoes and tried them on. That was it.

I supposed it did start out as a fetish, as in I did get a sexual charge and release from dressing up. The more I do it, the more comfortable I become and the less arousing it becomes, which I like. I can put on a dress, fix my makeup, and enjoy the time I have, short as it is, to be me.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    It all started as punishment, when I was four, mostly panties, and continued through childhood. I can't say for sure when it stopped, but I always remembered it in a weird senual sort of way, which prompted me to go back to it on my own as puberity came on. The first time I came, I was wearing a panties stuffed bra, panties, girdle, stockings, and slip. I was clueless as to what just happened, and was abit scared, too. But, it didn't stop me from going back to the clothes, I just had to be prepared to control any mess. By listening to guys talking at school, I figured out what was going on, they whacked the monkey looking at a Playboy. Was what I was doing any different,and this all became a regular habit. A regular habit becomes a fetish after awhile, especially when you are really enjoying what you are doing. No harm, no foul or so one thinks...

The problem is that one day you find out that this is not a socially acceptable habit, and you quickly start to make sure that noone will ever find out about what you are doing. When I was first doing this, good boys didn't play with themselves, and they sure didn't wear girls clothes either, doing those things made you a prevert. All of this causes a person to bury their habit very deep, quitting was not an option, the habit is already well ingrained, not to mention all of the pleasure it was giving you, which you don't want to give up.

Self condemnation can really mess a person up. To come to the point of accepting who you are, is a very important step. The question to be asked and answered is does your fetish control you, or do you control it. Getting anything that is out of control, under control is important. I had to ask myself many questions, as in why was I in such a rush to get out of the clothes after the deed is done. What would it take to get beyond this? Did I have to get beyond this? I forced myself to stay in the panties because I had to reprogram my mind to see panties as underwear, and not something else. I had to tell my wife, and she was pretty accepting about it, which was fortunate for me. I always enjoyed the clothes, I just had a see the two of them as not always being linked to each other. I wear many of these items now, in a nonsexual way.

We all have habits, some small, others big. How many times does one person check a door to see if it is locked? Why does another person put Ketchup on everything? I think that all people have something that they obsess about in one way or another, the question is what does society generally think about that obsession! Should what they think really matter?

Personally, I find this site to be a safe haven where I can share my thoughts, read others thoughts, and realize that I am just a person who needs to be loved and accepted inspite of my habits, obsessions, quirks, whatever. If one person wants to live full time in their prefered clothes, so what. If another person only wants to get dressed up to have some play time, who should really care. I need to help make the world a better place, and I choose to start by loving and accepting others regardless of their past, present, but I want to help make their future better too. My clothes, or what I do in then shouldn't hinder me from that.
    Last edited by Gillian Gigs; 10-19-2015 at 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Gilliam like your reply as to ...stating out as fetish.triggers for me were a teacher punishing to talking so much h I was a sissy ..aged 8 mortified in a boys o ly school ..and then an experience of being lost in a tbeatre foruma mk ongst of boot clad ladies mostly blond .. Only 9 not sexually awarebut something latent afoot!

I started with women's shoes and never stopped even though I dress a lot shoes are still a huge turn on and my girl friend loves it. We have all kinds of matching shoes from flats to high high heels

[

Definitely started as a pantyhose fetish.