Thread: Was this person crossdressing?

Daniella Argento

Was this person crossdressing?

Hi everyone,
    I just got back from a Girl Guides fun day.
    One of the fathers was shall we say interestingly dressed.
    It got me thinking was he a sister?
    He was wearing:
    An unusual dark blue t shirt it had a bit of a lady's cut to its styling with a deep v neck (cleavage enhancing)
    A pair of calf length, black yoga pants (not unlike the ones I bought to run in)
    Turquoise Tommys
    Also of note he had shoulder-ish length curly hair
    I could not see any leg hair on what I saw of his legs
    He was not clean shaven, but he did not have a beard, just stubble...

I was wondering if he was doing a stealthy over dressing type thing, or am I letting my imagination get the better of me?

sounds like "man in a dress" mode to me, a sister and relaxed about it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Sounds as if he was running under the radar. The stubble bit is the same thing I do to keep me grounded somewhat. In my mind I can dress a little femme and let me hair grow out, but the stuble maybe detracts from people seeing a women.
    Erica

Agree. My bet is sister who is guide comfortable with herself.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

It's interesting you've mentioned this. I have been dabbling with this a bit myself. Honestly, I'd love to go out fully dressed all the time but I'm not convincing. It feels right to me but the public has shown discomfort in it. With that, I've become more and more emotionally uncomfortable in traditional male-mode. So, I've been trying to find a place where I am reasonably comfortable but also not disturbing to the public eye. I've worn darker colored and longer women's shirts over simple women's workout/yoga pants with a men's sweat shirt but went with an unshaven face for the day. Other times, I've carried a small leather backpack (purse) with a soft colored gender neutral top but it has no overly femine adornments. All of these things make it emotionally tolerable for me and I have had some looks but it has not drawn any comments I think because I am in an undefined territory. Now, I've gone out in public fully dressed and almost every time I've had some remark made to me but not when dressed in between genders. Maybe this was the person's intent?

-Erika
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

This person enjoys fem clothing. Kudos for wearing in public.

Silver Member
    Maybe, maybe not. No one knows for sure. You are a crossdresser and do not know if he crossdresses. Maybe this is a good example for many who fear to go out in public - even if people notice how you dress as you did, what do they really know whether he is a "crossdresser" - and if they suspect, what does it matter?

I'm thinking that Girl Guides is sort of like the Girl Scouts? Maybe this is his way of fitting in with the crowd(blending) and/or maybe he just likes the feel and look of "femme" clothes and just feeling comfy. A sister maybe?, who knows. Did you talk to him(small talk of course)and maybe get an answer in a round about way.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I think sometimes we see what we want to see...

No way of knowing for sure - unless you ask... and as it all seems fairly open to the world he's hardly stealth...

Perhaps something subtle like: "where did you get those yoga pants - I was looking for something similar myself...?"

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Does it matter? He is spending time with his daughter and no one is giving them a hard tim(I hope)

Daniella Argento
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    I think sometimes we see what we want to see...

No way of knowing for sure - unless you ask... and as it all seems fairly open to the world he's hardly stealth... "

Katey x
    Yes Katey confirmation bias is misleading. Hence my question to the group... I really am not sure what he was up to, but it certainly wasn't normal dress...
    Nothing like hiding in plain site 😃

Would you call me a crossdresser? I spend most of my time now wearing skirts, even at work. Most of the time, they are somewhat plain, and if not kilt like, similar length and hang. People have sometimes referred to them, (when they say anything) as "manskirts" As I get more comfortable being in the public eye, I am choosing some somewhat more obvious styles, and as Winter threatens, added opaque hosiery. Top half is men's t shirts or sweaters, stubble as well, or clean shaven. I don't know what I'd do about hair if I had a choice, with the rampant Male pattern baldness that I've had for 25 years, the only thing that makes sense is a very close crop or shaved head. I'm over 6 foot, and 200 pounds, my mannerisms are not particular feminine, I don't wear makeup, I have been experimenting with nail polish on my short nails, but at home only so far. I don't see anything wrong with nail polish on men, but it still feels weird to me in public. I am trying to find a pair of low heeled boots that I can wear out in the colder weather to go with the skirts, but that is difficult as they don't make many knee high boots in my size.

Anyway, if you saw me, dressed like that, what would you say?
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Underdresser I would call you whatever you want to be called.
    I've given up on trying to "pass" as a female. I never liked makeup or wigs. I'm not into forms (although I occasionally wear a bra) and my fem wardrobe consists primarily of leggings, yoga pants, women's deep v-neck t-shirts and panties as always. These I wear everywhere now and usually every day except if my wife is around because she prefers not to see.
    I've come to the conclusion that I am a guy and sometimes I like to be girly. To be girly I use scented body wash and lotions.
    I have a beard and short hair. I body shave. I accept myself as I am. I've personally come a long way in accepting myself as I am.
    The person in question in the OP is probably a guy like me and doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

Took many years to be comfortable with myself. Feels great to be myself and don't give it a second thought about what others see or perceive. Wear shorts with nicely shaved legs, underarms, and working on body as well. Hair is long and sometimes curled as well. Women's tennis shoes are the norm with women's tee's as well. Carry my art bad which looks like a purse. Yep its me and it feels wonderful.

Reality Check
    Maybe all his male clothes were in the laundry and he had to borrow from his wife.

People in different parts of the country or even the city dress differently. Someone who dresses normally for Seattle, Washington would be stared at where I live. Also, there are different definitions and degrees of "crossdressing". To me, someone who is "crossdressing" is dressed as a woman and is trying to appear to be a woman. The person you saw is not doing that, he was just wearing clothes that are different than you expected.

Of course, if his outfit meets your definition of crossdressing, then in your mind, he was crossdressing. It doesn't really matter, does it?