Thread: Low T

Low T

As I have mentioned in other posts, I am a big time work out fanatic. Bodybuilding, cross fit and krav maga have been implemented in my life. About eight months ago I noticed that my body fat levels were going up and my energy levels down. I decided to get my testosterone levels checked and the results showed that my levels were low. My physician placed me on testosterone replacement therapy and the results have been incredible. My body fat is dropping and my energy levels when I work out are through the roof. My wife loves the results. Now here's the negatives. Almost 90% of my clothing doesn't fit. My waist has gone down around two inches but every thing else has grown. Arms,chest, shoulders and legs are growing like crazy. But the funny thing is my desire to dress has increased tenfold. Has anyone else gone through this and what changes did you see.

Hi Maxie,
    Maybe so, I'd not considered this, but I started the gym big-time last october, and by january i was dressing. having paused for a few weeks, the dressing urge is less, rather strange!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I'm not going to pretend that I'm your doctor, but has or does CD arouse you in any way? Getting on testosterone replacement therapy should, in theory, improve your overall mood and quality of life. Sadly(or not), it will also increase your sexual energies. If dressing is linked to arousal for you., that's what'll happen. Catch 22
    Last edited by mikeyp; 10-17-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your post made me chuckle, Maxie! U desire to dress more but must look way more macho now. Totally ironic!

How is that dicotomy working for u?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wow Maxie, I also workout get-ft and yoga as well as boot camp. One time I did that and the testosterone kicked the BPH on my prostrate and I had to take herbs to try to fix that. Found out that as a DES kid. I can only go the estrogen route or ruin my postrate with testosterone. My testosterone is a bit lower but every thing on me still functions okay. My hormones are more female than male. But was raised male. And I still switch. For me I think the HGH and DHEA are the things I need to be paying attention to.
    Part Time Girl

It has definitely improved my mood and appetite, but I never thought my muscle gain would be so much. After I turned 40 the main purpose of my training was to maintain what I had. Believe me when I tell you that I'm not complaining about the difference in my body . Feeling 20 years younger is great but the extra feeling to dress is frustrating when you can only do it for about two hours a week.

Banned Read only
    Yikes, I'm in the same boat and I'm seeing an endo in a week to see what's up. I used to be into body building myself but lately more into 'boobie' building...I'm afraid of T, it'll ruin my figure LOL, but I'm so phsycologicaly 'flat' I feel like I have to make a really big decision 😯

I am not surprised. Men have testosterone, and we do weird things. Give us more, we do more weird things. Women do not have much testosterone, they walk around in tank tops and athletic pants. Maybe if we gave them testosterone, they would want to walk around in skirts and heels like us!
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

I've been on T for a while. You really have to watch your diet and lifting if you don't want to gain weight. I dropped my cardio and really hit the weights this year and gained 40lbs.

I've heard of a case or two where a woman was given Testosterone, and they said things like "Now I understand what men go through and why they are such horn-dogs."

I've noticed the "Low-T" syndrome as well over the past few years. I haven't gained weight but find my waistline has increased around two inches; my chest/bust is a bit flabbier now and not as toned as before and there is a definite loss of muscle mass. They say that men and women in the end take on similar characteristics, i.e. men get a form of breasts and women start growing sparse but coarse facial hair after menopause. One thing I have studied is that you have to be careful in adding testosterone in later life as a man. Testosterone is a strong hormone that is linked to baldness, high blood pressure in some instances, and heart, joint and other problems when you add hormones to an aging system that isn't really supposed to have them. A bit like putting a supercharger on a model T.

Yeah. Testosterone was low. Took shots and still low, increased dosage and grew breasts. Then went to urologist. Seems our bodies convert testosterone to estrogen. Look at aromatase conversion. I started arimadex (spelling) and estrogen levels went back down. But while they were out of wack, I couldn't stop thinking of dressing, shaving, shopping etc.

The exact same thing happened to me. I went up a dress size but went down a skirt size. Suits are now out of the question because I wear a size 16 jacket and 12 skirt. With the increase in energy came the increase to dress as well.

I have always notice, when my T level is down I have no desire to dress

I just got my level checked yesterday and they are up significantly. I am doing two injections a week and will continue for the next few months. My estrogen only went up slightly. I have noticed that my nipple area is extremely sensitive, but the pectoral muscle is solid. The first few weeks were rough because my body was getting used to the hormones. I had flu like symptoms including fevers. Someone mentioned my diet and training. My diet is really strict and clean but I have lowered my calorie intake from 4,500 to 3,500. As far as my training my motto has always been "go heavy or go home ". When I dress I never wear business suits or jackets only sleeveless dresses and tops so that won't be an issue. It's a lot easier when you have 18 inch arms and calves.

Reality Check
    I have been on testosterone replacement (Androgel) for several years. I can't say I've noticed any significant changes in my life. Perhaps I'm less tired or have more energy but there haven't been significant changes in my weight or figure. And (sadly) I didn't experience the side effect of breast growth.

Body building, etc. and crossdressing don't go well together, at least when done in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    Yikes, I'm in the same boat and I'm seeing an endo in a week to see what's up. I used to be into body building myself but lately more into 'boobie' building...I'm afraid of T, it'll ruin my figure LOL, but I'm so phsycologicaly 'flat' I feel like I have to make a really big decision ��
    T blockers & estrogen doe wonders for your mood

I've had low T for a few years now. I give myself an injection in the thigh every week. The only differences I notice is that there is less "flab" fat on me and I'm not as tired and brain-fogged. However, it has never affected my desire to dress one way or the other!
    Lisa

I've been using a prescription testosterone cream for about two years. Doctor gave it to me after checking my blood level because I was always tired. Use it daily and the cream improved my energy and sex drive.