Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it!! First time out and driving as Mel

I did it!! First time out and driving as Mel

I had the day off today and first thing this morning, went through my standard "Pre-Mel Warm-up Routine" consisting of shower, shave, eyebrow trim, cleansing, and moisturizing. I applied makeup and got dressed. I wore my leopard print top with some cropped denim jeans (filled out nicely by some DIY hip pads) and my mary jane flats. Cute and casual One look in the mirror and I swear, with out even thinking about it, grabbed my keys and went out into the garage. This was not at all my plan for the day but it was happening. Under my breath I kept muttering "what am I doing...what am I doing..." as my pulse started racing. Got in my car and backed out of the garage. After a careful look around to make sure none of the neighbors were out, I was off. It felt awesome as I drove about a mile loop around the neighborhood. I began to get a bit more nervous and headed back home only to see our next door neighbor pulling out of his driveway which forced me to make the loop again. I'm not yet ready to be smiling and waving while driving past the neighbors as Melody Well, one more check off the ol' bucket list.

Hugs,

Melody
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

congratulations, looks like you lit that fire!
    you look great, too! xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

You look great Mel!
    Love that smile... you look so happy!
    Good for you!
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Yay for you, Melody! Here's hoping for more checks on that bucket list as you get out more!

You look great too!

Silver Member
    Congratulations, the first of many trips out I imagine. You look fantastic, love the jewelry, and what a Great choice for a blouse.

I am a little surprised though, I always thought you had been out and about. I guess that one shouldn't assume, but as nice of a job as you do, I just kind of figured. You certainly will present well in public. Now go to McDonald's and get a coke. Better make it a diet, you would want to be read

Melody, It is good that you got out. Possibly the first of many trips. You look nice in the car picture.
    Part Time Girl

You look great and I bet unless they recognized your car they would have just thought that is a beautiful lady driving down the street. Good job. Your makeup is perfect and let me say again that smile is a killer.

I'm sure he didn't recognize it as my car since it's not an uncommon model and color but I hope he didn't notice the bumper stickers as I drove past. That would be a giveaway.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Banned Read only
    Great job Girl!

I remember my first time out. It was very slap dash at that point. My makeup was just some gaudy blue eye shadow, bright red lip stick and blush. I had some sort of tank top with a bra. Black nylons and a skirt I had made out of an old pair of jeans. I sat in my garage for about 10 minutes before I left just to run to the drive through packy to get a six pack of beer. All totaled the trip took 5 minutes but it was the most anxious 5 minutes of my life. I just knew that everyone I knew would be on that eight block drive. By the time I got home you could have scared me with a feather.

Now I just give a cursory glace at intersections.

Keep at it!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Very cool Melody!
    I still get nervous, though less now, when I get behind the wheel. I feel way better once I'm actually at a location.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

hi mel,
    i cant leave the house dressed, not in the rules but it doesnt stop me from driving out and getting pretty in the car, such a hassle and paranoid when i do but its worth it to drive around and feeling free ....congrats on having that adrenaline rush, you look real natural and im sure you will be sharing more soon....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

You look great Mel! There is no better feeling than being out even if its only for a stroll around the neighborhood

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Congrats Melody, great start pretty soon you will grab your keys and purse and head to the mall for some girl shopping.
    You look great nice makeup

yay melody, congrats to you!
    and if your neighbors do see you, just tell them you loved your halloween
    outfit so much, that you wore it home...
    paula

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you! You look terrific -- I love the earrings

Congratulations! Listen Mel, I know you won't believe it until you've done it for yourself, but please go out and about. You are a very beautiful girl and no one will bother you. You will just feel so liberated. Of course, take all the necessary precautions and I know we all have our issues (kids, etc.). I was a very closeted CD (from about 1969 to 2014, so I know what I am talking about), once you get out there, you will understand how great it is. I went out today (posted about it) and was just telling my wife about how much fun I had. I cannot explain it and don't really understand it myself, but it was so life affirming and I have never been happier. I'm proud of you and so happy for you!
    Last edited by Kandi Robbins; 10-24-2015 at 06:18 PM.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Oh Mel, Mel, Mel.. What took you so long! Girl you've have all the skills to enjoy anyplace you want to go. I'm surprised this is you're first time out. You've jumped that hurdle, now build on it and get your sea legs so you can have much more fun than just hanging at the house. I'm proud for you!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Wow, Mel! That's a huge step! You look fantastic of course--always so natural and pretty! It must have been so exciting and nerve-wracking! What's next?

Silver Member
    Mel - Congratulations. You look great and I am happy you had a good time. Next time, just keep driving.

Banned Read only
    OMG Melody, how could you be nervous, you look amazing!! I was leaving the garage one morning myself as the next door neighbor drove past, pretty sure he saw me but ahh, whatever, life's too short! Besides, I could play the 'ol 'sister/niece/girl friend my wife doesn't know about so don't say anything or I'll start a really loud rock band in my garage' card 😉

Good for you Mel! Now see if you can get that cat back in the bag!!

You look lovely!

Hugs
    Suzie

Hey Mel!

The driving gets easier to do. Now, if only I could get the guts to go somewhere besides just drive!

Great job Mel. You look great in the car.

-Erika
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

Well done. You' ve taken the first step on a, hopefully, long and happy CD journey.
    I agree that you've done your makeup extremely well - not overdone and just right for the occasion.

Bravo!

Awesome Mel! You look great! My 2nd time out was a driving adventure. It ended with some A-hole backing into me :-/

Melody:

Some among us just have the look -- you are one who has it. If I were in girl mode and had to speak with you, I would assume you were a GG. Your face, clothes, makeup, hair, jewelry, all fit nicely together and signal "I'm a girl" to the world. With voice, poise, deportment, and mannerism practice, you could pass in a bar full of horny sailors just off on shore leave. That's a compliment!

In other words, you look great.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!