Thread: Visiting my hair dresser and shopping in skirt and heels

Visiting my hair dresser and shopping in skirt and heels

Lately when I have been out in a dress or a skirt, I have missed having something specific to take care of. Often I just go around in a mall looking around in different stores without having a plan of what to buy or do. The main reason is just to be outside wearing women clothes. Some times it even gets a bit boring.

Today I had a day off from work. I have been seeing the same hair dresser for about 15 years. Well, I don’t have much hair left, but he is very service minded and I like to support his shop. I have never been there dressed, but I have thought about it for some time. Yesterday I was nervous about going there in skirt and heels, but today I was determined that I should do it. When I arrived outside in my car I didn’t hesitate at all, and just got out of the car and walked towards the store. I was feeling good looking in my black knee length skirt with black heels and a green cardigan. He wasn’t in the store as I arrived, so I sat down and waited. When he came out he saw me and greeted me welcome and we immediately started talking as we always do. I told him that he never has seen me like this before. He agreed, but said he thought it looked good and that it wasn’t strange at all. I started this comment because I gave him a chance to comment my clothing in case he would just be polite to me. When my hair was done and I was about to leave he told me to please come back again dressed as I feel like.

My SO and I have planned on eating shrimps this evening. Therefor I went to the grocery store after the hair dresser. Now I wasn’t nervous at all and went around the store for 20 minutes still wearing skirt and heels. I got no comments, maybe some long looks but everyone else just kept on doing their shopping.

Why do I write about this when nothing really happened. I did have a great time having a plan to take care different things, and I guess I somehow felt a little bit more normal when I can go around other people and just not walk around with really nothing planned. It is also interesting to see how little this meant for my hair dresser who I have known for so many years. Maybe I should come out even more to people that know me. Well, I think my SO would have something to say about this too. Choices like this doesn’t only affect me.

I'm not out but I really believe that most people really don't care about what any one else is wearing or doing as long as it doesn't affect them. May not be the case here in west Texas but in some parts probably if you have cause or mission that you are on no one seems to give a flip what you wear just as long as you mind your own business.

Hi Robin,
    This and all of the stories about being out in the world and how nobody loses their mi da about it inspire and encourage those who have fears. Thanks so much for sharing!
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I hear ya I haven't seen anyone I know but had my first outside adventure as a man in a dress. A few looks but no comments. It is indescribable how natural it felt. Good for you.

The farthest I have gone out is to the mailbox. Being fully dressed feels natural, maybe I will get braver in the future

Did you have wig and makeup. Or just clothes?

Hi Mgreenva

I never use a wig or makeup. I still feel like a man when I am out wearing a dress or a skirt and I use my original name. The style of the clothes is quit feminine but I like the mix and think it looks good.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Robin,

Thanks for sharing. It is always nice to read about positive experiences and I applaud your courage of conviction to be who you need to be . . . a man in women's clothing.

Cheers

Marcelle