Thread: A video being kept firmly under wraps!

A video being kept firmly under wraps!

No, no. This is nothing to do with any activities in the bedroom. For any girls thinking that, go and stand in the naughty corner!

Like many of us, I’ve done plenty of photos of myself in order to better see how I looked and to provide a record of my CDing journey. Then I moved onto vlog-style videos to see me animated and to hear how my voice sounded.

One day last week, I was listening to some music whilst en-femme and decided to get my camera and video myself singing and dancing to the music. Watching the video was a mixture of fascination, embarrassment (hence the title of the thread), amusement (when I forgot the lyrics) and intrigue.

It was the first time that I’d seen myself doing some form of activity where I felt totally detached from the woman being filmed. She was fully immersed in a world of her own, apart from an occasional glance at the camera. It also gave me a chance to see what I looked like looking off-camera and to see what my profile looked like. Overall, I was quite pleased with my ‘performance’ but whether I’d worry any GGs on the dance floor is anyone’s guess.

Has anyone else tried something like this and how did you feel? Does anyone have any suggestions for selfie movies that could be worth trying out? (clean ones please!).

Cheryl x

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Altho we r quite different, I believe I had a very similar feeling last nite, Cheryl!

I was out at a dance club in costume. It was early and I had the dance floor to myself. One thing is unique about this club, it has mirrored walls around the dance floor! Without being concerned who mite be watching, I relaxed and began to concentrate on my dance moves. Watching myself as I began to develope automatic routines. Then, I suddenly caught myself!

I wasn't watching myself dance anymore. I was watching some strange, pretty, costumed woman dance. Some of her moves were quite fem and sexy. Also, her brite red gloves accented her hand movements! I found myself wondering what movement she would perform next? And, would I like it?

Of course, I realized I could keep repeating the same moves I found fem and sexy. But, I preferred to just do what came naturally and watch my own private dance show in the mirror! Liking some bits and others not so much.

Reading what I just wrote sounds kinda crazy, doesn't it? It does to me, anyway. But, I wasn't high or drunk, (one weak margarita). I've never had that, "Looking at myself but seeing someone else", feeling on the dance floor before! And, I've been on a LOT of dance floors as Sherry before. Including this one!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-25-2015 at 11:45 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi Cheryl, I have taken some videos of Orchid in motion, That's a great way to critique yourself.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Cheryl,

Orchid's point about self-critique is a good one and I've done that a few times... it can certainly be shock therapy!

I'm not sure I want to critique my dancing (I accept that I am a self-proclaimed dancing fool, largely in the kitchen at home - messy! - but out en femme a few times too) - if I'm too critical I think I might lose that sense of being completely unrestrained that I can get by just closing my eyes and going with the music... And I'd definitely worry ANYONE on the dance floor with me, but only because of random flailing arms and hip-bumps...

How about some selfie movies of household chores...?

Oh... I thought you said cleaning ones... (Actually, there are a few members here who might quite like that idea... )

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Cheryl,

I wanted to do a short video, so that members can see and hear me in a totally different light. Eek! Horrible! I sound more like Dick Van Dyke doing his chimney sweep routine than I thought . Didn't like what I heard one bit, bloke in a dress and all that, but I am going to return to this.

So for now, Wacky Backy Becky (Katie888) is keeping quiet. Gawd blimey Mary Poppins.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I just assumed my walk was feminine enough. -- until I saw a video I had taken. Yes, photos and videos let you see yourself in ways the mirror cannot.

Have never videoed myself Cheryl but have taken many pictures. I'm sure I probably would not like to see myself in a video. I just really don't look feminine but I do enjoy the dressing. My shoulders don't droop and my arms are way too long and bulky to be a good looking gal. I have though put music on as I clean house for my wife and I love doing that chore in full dress. I don't wear a maids costume but heels, dress and the full make up. Anyone ever dance as they clean. Maybe it's just a gal thing but I actually enjoy pretending I'm beatiful and cleaning the house. Wife says if I would lose the girl part and keep cleaning I'd be the perfect husband. Also I'm getting older and I really don't want any videos around or pictures of me dressed. Keep them all on one flash drive and wife has been instructed to burn it when I die.

A few years ago I found an old VHS tape of myself from the 1980's dancing and singing various songs en femme(with various looks). This was sort of a forerunner of what I do at the club nowadays when I go over, which I did this past weekend which was CD/TG special weekend. I spent most of my time having fun dancing as usual. The thing about the old videos is that I can see how I've progressed with honing both my femme presentation skills and my dancing skills. When I made those tapes so long ago I wasn't out openly and restricted to available home alone time. Now I have unrestricted time and movement at the club when I express myself. Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    The best I can achieve is watching myself in a full length mirror. The powder room has a full length mirror. When I leave the door open I can view myself working in the kitchen/dining area. I've been doing domestic chores for so long en femme that I forget I am wearing a full ensemble.

Hi Cheryl - I have done quite a few videos just like you mention - singing, dancing, doing housework, ect. and yes, it is a huge eye-opener, for sure ! Even just looking at the camera and talking to yourself can teach you alot about who you really are, and how other people perceive you. Usually what I find when I watch them is that I just want to get dressed again, and try to perfect my image ! ( like yours, all my vids are kept well under wraps, tho!)

You look Fabulous

Yes I have done this once was very disappointed I just thought I would look better but none the less I keep on dressing it just feels so right when I do. But I can see why you looked good because you are very pretty looking and very Fem Looking.

I work as a magician's "lovely assistant" when she does an annual show in Provincetown (a mostly gay resort in Massachusetts.) I always film the shows I work on so we can review the "game films" afterward for what went right, wrong, etc, so I've gotten to see Jennie move, gesture and interact with an audience completely unconscious of the camera. The first year's was a little hard to watch because I was nervous at my first stage appearance en femme, but last year's film made me very happy -- I kept thinking, "She's so cute!" My voice is a total illusion-breaker, but in that town nobody cares anyway.

I did something sort of like what you describe. I set up my phone so I could video myself walking. I was dressed wearing a really cute casual outfit, pretty heels, my forms were all staying in place, full makeup (it actually turned out ok I thought), hijab was wrapped just right, even my little fake hair bun looked right. I had jewelry and I felt like I looked like one of those gorgeous girls I google wearing hijabs.

However....

When I saw the video to analyze my walk I looked like a linebacker with an achilles injury hobbling around with a colorful icepack on his head and inflamation on his lips.

Talk about killing my joy. I decided later I needed to look at it the way athletes look at game-day film. Watch it over and over. Analyze it and see where improvement can be made. So hopefully next time (if there is a next time) I'll look better when Sayyidah gets to come out again.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.