Thread: Wonderful Weekend

Wonderful Weekend

The wife and I went camping this past weekend with some friends. Just to set the record straight our idea of rough it anymore means we can't get our satelite dish to sync up and have to watch cable. I had mentioned that I wanted a pair of short brown boots for Christmas. This became our quest for the week end. We were near a Tanger Outlet Mall and several other shoe stores. We spent the better part of the day Saturday looking for an attractive boot in my size (12w). We found lots of other goodies we couldn't live without no boots in my size. We decided to hit the VF Factory Outlet before we called it a day. They always have lots of racks of clearance items but I seldom find anything in my size. I usually make up for it in the regular section. I'm looking in the regular price racks and my wife comes up with two pairs of ladies dress pants and two pair of black jeans in my size. I was instructed to try them on because some of my old pants were looking kinda ratty. While I was in the dressing room she comes and hands in three tops in my size. I tried them all on and they fit great. Best of all they were only $8.00 each. We stopped by the Hane's store and stocked up on pantyhose and knee hi's on the way to the truck. We both had several bags of new clothes.

On Sunday morning we had a couple of hours before we had to be out of the campground. We discovered a new Shoe Station a couple of miles away. We didn't find my boots but did pick up some new sandals from the clearance rack. Major name brands at 50% or greater discount.

We hooked up the camper and headed home. When we had everything put away and all new goodies properly stored we headed out to get something to eat. The restaurant we had picked was crowded so we headed next door to the mall to kill some time. There is an Avenue store there so I checked for boots but still no luck. I did find more sandals marked down. I picked up a pair that were marked down to $6.99. Also grabbed some trouser socks and shapewear that was on sale. Best part of the Avenue visit was the three young ladies who were shopping when I came in. They were late teens or early twenties. I was in guy mode. I noticed a confused look from one of them as I walked in but just started shopping. After I had picked up a couple of items a clerk who has helped me in the past came and got the items and put them behind the counter. She knows I crossdress and is always very helpful. I was looking at some tops that were marked down and I heard one of the other shoppers whisper "Do you think he buying that for himself?". I smiled and kept on shopping. The sales associate had heard it also and came over and pointed out a really nice top and said loud enough for the others to hear "I think this would look great on you". She then grabbed some other tops and said I'll start you a dressing room. The young ladies worked there way closer so I went in the dressing room and tried on the top she had suggested. I came out and asked her what she thought. I tried on several more but didn't but any.

I paid for my selections and headed out in to the mall to meet my wife. She asked if I had found boots and when I answered no she took my arm and led me to Shoe Depot. She took me to the back, took a pair of perfect boots off the shelf. When she handed them to me I checked and sure enough they were 12w. She grabbed some of the throw away socks and I tried them on. The perfect ending to a wonderful week end of shopping.

Reality Check
    That's a great story. Payless has many 12W women's shoes if you didn't already know.