Thread: Gre... Sucks to be a woman

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar

Gre... Sucks to be a woman

That's right that's what I said. Sucks. Hands down. No you're not misreading.

Long day, up early, lots of travel and customer meetings, and the associated coffee that goes along with it. After 2 1/2 hours on a train I disembark and realize finally that I need to make a potty break. Ok need is a bit soft a word....I suddenly was BUSTING which only meant one thing. Bolt to the nearest public washroom in the station and relieve myself. Sounds to easy and yes indeed it didn't quite go exactly that way. Jeepers I hit the line... That loong line of women queued up to use those presious few (mind you same number as men's room) stalls. Bloody hell... I was squarmimg, toes pointed in all kinds of directions. Meanwhile, and man goes in his entrance one come out, couple goes in few comes out ... But NO LINE, no backlog. Aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh. This sucks.

Now got to thinking why is it that there hasn't been a female revolution regarding washrooms in public spaces. 2:1 maybe a good idea hmmmm people.

My god. And yes I couldn't resist but to let out a good ole Ahhh as I went, quite uncharacteristic of me of late but it was needed/deserved.

So yes ... Sucks to be a woman (when you need to go bad in a public area).

Shame on me for not going on the train which would have just got me going on the size of those damn stalls when you are all dressed up for business meetings.

Cheers all... A much relieved Jennifer with a lesson learned

Go often, even if you don't think you need to go. ��
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 10-29-2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: No politics, no exception in TS Forums
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Heck Jennifer, I have seen many women come into the men's room and go for the stalls. Man if you got to go, you got to go. So, I would not be shy about taking a men's stall when you can't get in the woman's stalls.
    Part Time Girl

Women aren't shy at all about "invading men's private spaces." Go for it.

(Do sit, though!)

Seriously, I have stood in bathroom lines considering the irony of my life's direction.
    Last edited by Eryn; 10-29-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member
    the womens lines can get long and it is frustrating. Not a chance I would ever go into the mens room for me though.

There is more to look forward to! just wait till after surgery, and you are out in the bush trying to get those shots and there aint no toilets around but you really have to go, you just can't hold it like you used to (what a nightmare that has been) so you try to find a bush to get behind and it comes out in such a wild spray and ..... its a ******* mess. The best is yet to come!

This may not be the ideal solution, but I'll share what I've done ... only twice in my life.

Both times were at sports arenas, when there was precious little time for an arena full of women to pee in between quarters or halves. It was as you describe, a long line of women standing outside the women's bathroom with no one in the men's. So I asked the women around me if they were willing to come with me to the men's. We were all desperate, and so we did. We went in fours or fives at a time while the last one stood outside with a word of warning to any stray man that might come along.

It worked, and no one was offended! The men understood perfectly and I think they even got a chuckle.
    Reine

The LA women's expo is held at the Convention Center, a huge venue. Of course the attendees are 90% female so they wisely re-sign one of the men's rooms for ladies. It is interesting to see the reactions of women as they round the corner and encounter the "Porcelain Exhibit!"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I don't do huge events so, so far I haven't had this issue. But want to make two statements.

One time @ a Jimmy Buffet concert while I was standing in line (in a previous incarnation) several women asked the men if they could cut and go in. Every man said yes and some stood guard for them. Also in Denver at the last two sports venues, they did build more women's than men's....but from what I have been told still not enough
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Reine, Awesome, love the solution!! Seriously if we could all respect each other in society s there a spectacularly good reason why all toilets couldn't be individual gender less stalls?

Having to pee while driving in the middle of nowhere is bad enough.
    Jenn, where did you pee out in the bush, surrounded by bears?
    Being a woman never sucks. Just uncomfortable sometimes.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Paula/Theresa... I drew a line and didn't go from the back of the boat (like the one guy on the trip did) but kindly asked to be put ashore so I could discretely do as natural... Pee behind a bush while keeping an eye for bears, an ear for what I couldn't see, and my hands in a place which would allow a rapid tuck/pull/run.��

I guess in general it's storm the fortress in an emergency. Ha... That will be an interesting moment.

Kate; I had one situation this week where I entered the washroom on site at a customers office I was visiting. It was labeled as open (joint). Went in I was alone... Coming out of the stall there was a gentleman washing his hands. It through me for a second and had to ask if I'd made a mistake. He just replied nope its shared and went about his day. I couldn't help but smile and think wow this is pretty mature.
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Just several weeks ago while out driving with a sport's car club we all stopped for relief. Men simply walked off to the edge of the parking spot (we were in the middle of nowhere) and pee'd. I had to carefully manage me way down the side of a cliff surrounded my bushes to pee. I came up and a lady with us said I am next, I told her you might want to think twice as it's very steep. She looked over the edge and said hell no.

The following week we ended up taking a break where there was a restroom but zero toilet paper. But of course I had a roll in my car which did my no good at all but did offer the TP to the other woman.

Yes it can be disconcerting sometimes but I am willing to endeavor this as I dismissed being male.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

Jennifer,

It's also a cop thing, Rookies are often told in this line of work never miss an opportunity to use the bathroom, You never know how long the nights going to be. JENN....

I remember I used to go to VLCA (Vermont Lactation Consultant's Association) conferences as a male nurse. As the ONLY male nurse... (Yes, I used to teach women to breastfeed and use breast pumps as a guy). On breaks I would use the rest room and then stand guard outside it so that the women lined up at the ladies' room could get through faster.

I do hope I earned enough good karma points to save me, someday.

As you get older, you'll learn to never pass up an opportunity to use the facilities. Having been a trucker for 38 years now, I always go when there's a chance as well.

When at the jobsites, I'll step between the tractor and trailer, and relieve myself standing; at least for now. The guys I work with give me some good natured ribbing about having to squat there after the surgery.

Leah

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've found there's differences between women just as there is among men, Jenn. Some r simply "women" and others r "ladies". And, some "women" never worry about finding an empty stall!

In my younger days I was dating a pretty young woman. She said she had been featured in Playboy. To that I said a dubious, "Ok".

On our second date, we had been drinking and as we were driving thru a small beach town on the main hiway on a sunny weekend, my smashed date suddenly had to go NOW! With no parking spot in sight, I angled in at a red painted curb in front of a nice restaurant. Told her to go in and I'd drive around the block and pick her up. She said, "No, just give me a minute." With the door 1/2 open, she proceeded to squat between my car and the curb.

True to her word, in a minute she was back in the car telling me to drive!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yup....never go passed a washroom with availing yourself of the facilities. Just wait until we are out on a boat for the day diving....you'll have to do several dips in the water without your wetsuit to "inspect the engines".....as we call it.

Yet another inconvenience, but in the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!

Safe travels....and don't always use the Loo when available!
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Somehow I just can't picture Tammy Wynette singing "Sometimes it sucks to be a woman".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ktaiwjMVAI