Thread: Wow, I'm finally normal!

Wow, I'm finally normal!

Everyone always says once you transition you are much happier, almost every study that looks at transition backs this up. Lots of reasons are given for this, the usual "body aligning with mind" phrase tending to come out. And yes it certainly is a part of it.

But the other day I realised why I feel so much happier now I'm full time. Believe it or not, I finally know what "normal" people feel like. What it is like to no longer going through the mental process of what is the socially expected response for whatever particular gender I am presenting as and then executing that response. No more looking at some woman and wondering what it feels like to be her, I know what it feels like to be her, it feels exactly like what it feels like to be me. What it is like to slip easily into a conversation with a group of women without having to justify why I want to talk to them rather than their partners who bore me to tears.

Funny how I am far more "normal" now than I ever was as a man.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday myself. Having a bit of a happy cry on occasion is quite normal just realizing how happy I am so I get it.

Just give thanks that you were able to realize it. Relish every moment. Live your life to the fullest you've been given a second chance at life.

Enjoy it to the max.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

What a wonderful sentiment, Kate. Yes, enjoy it to the max.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Absolutely! Transition is our second kick at the can to get it right, and be normal. I relish every minute.

Kate you hit the nail squarely on the head with that.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Gold Member
    Yes, relish it. Let your personality bloom. Given it a good cry as Jennifer says (I still do regularly). I say it a lot, but authenticity is its own reward!

You totally captured my thought, Kate! I was thinking of titling my post "It feels so odd to be 'normal!'"

Just came home from an over-the-top fun GNO (Girls Night Out) with four GG's.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Silver Member
    As I transitioned my mental and emotional health improved. The shame, self loathing, and always wanting to just die feelings I had around gender dissipated.
    Inside, how I felt about myself, improved. Though it was a rough ride.

To me it is normal to live as a woman.
    But I don't know if I will ever feel totally like a normal person or woman. There is the trans stuff which is always stuck with me and I can't get away from it no matter how much I wish I could. Even though I don't feel trans! isn't that weird?
    Going through everything...normal? I have not reached that point. I don't think I can. Dating and online dating hammer that home for me.
    Every time I have to be elusive when talking about my past, or my ex, or daughter
    Like the other day a woman was talking to me about how if felt being pregnant, being able to feel the baby inside,and asking me how it felt with my daughter and how it was giving birth - nope, I am not a normal woman, I am just a tranny that does not want to be one. Its screwed.

These posts actually got me to thinking about my recent experience, which was actually the reverse. I just returned from an 8 day job in Saudi Arabia, and given my circumstances, had to be in old full on male mode for 24/7. It has been a loooooooooong time since I have had to do that. I never felt so uncomfortable and un-natural!! It is great to be home and be my natural self again!! So, sort of a similar experience for me, but the other way around. But I think equally as validating as it proved to me who I really am and what is natural for me.
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...