Thread: Wifes friend

Wifes friend

Last Sunday, it was kind of cool out, and we were not planning on going anyplace, nor were we expecting any visitors. So I put on my black leggings, and a black and orange plaid top. Wife is in the sun room reading a book, and I am watching the NASCAR pre race show. Then it happened, the door bell rings. What to do, run into the other room and do a quick change, hide and let the wife get the door, or say what the heck, and go to the door.
    I figured it was a kid selling something for school, or something similar. I open the door, and it is a friend of the wife, and now me, so I let her in, the wife comes in and we all sit down. We talked for a hour or so, and then they walked over to another friends house, and visited with her for awhile, then they came back and we all talked some more. Our unexpected visitor never gave me a second look, or said anything about how I was dressed. The wife said she never said anything to her while they were gone. All in all, not a bad day.

Aspiring Member
    Your wife has some really good friends. That's great. My wife's friends are totally different. They only come over if I'm not there or I'm not invited with her. But kiddos to her friends.

Some people are just totally accepting, unfazed by anything and take everything in their stride...

If only there were more folk around like that! Defo a good day...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No breast forms, wig, or heels? Maybe she just assumed that was just some of your lounging at home clothes?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Or a new NASCAR uniform Sherry!

Hey aren't those Danica Patrick's new heel line?

No harm done and you did not have to change = a good day
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieMac View Post
    Hey aren't those Danica Patrick's new heel line?
    Or her new Pitt crew outfits!!

Silver Member
    Kitte do they know you dress and don't want to be around you or do they just not enjoy being around you?

I wear my tights around the house all the time. Nothing beats them for comfort and warmth on cold days. You did the right thing not changing. My view is its my house and no one should dictate my choice of clothes.

kittie and liz....well my wife is the same...a few close friends know and we go out with me en femme....the others will never meet jennifer
    but as i have said before i wear finger and toe nail polish 100% of the time and have long styled hair.

at one of her friends halloween brunch after a few mimosa's...one of her friends came up....took and raised my hand and gushed....."just had to see your nails again....gorgeous"

they gotta be thinking something but i guess it is my wife's DADT approach

Reality Check
    Your wife's friend was too polite to question your outfit but you can bet she noticed it and she probably told her husband about it.

I don't answer the door dressed (in women's clothes) I let my wife answer it, do a quick change or ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Your wife's friend was too polite to question your outfit but you can bet she noticed it and she probably told her husband about it.
    She is not married, or even dating. She may have noticed, but I have known her long enough now to know she is cool about things, and if it does not directly affect her, she is like, what the heck.

My reaction is the same as Sherry's, an easy outfit if you are not wearing boobs.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Thanks for sharing a good story. I am glad it was a positive event.

What would you have said to her if she began a discussion and asked if you crossdressed? Would it be OK for her to know, and to see you fully dressed? Seems like it would be.

My wife's best friend discovered my clothes while visiting which led to a full disclosure. Since she was OK with crossdressing and actually encouraged me to dress, I was always fully dressed whenever she visited and while she lived with us.

Too right Katey, let's hear it for accepting people!
    What a great world it would be if everyone were like that.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think everything worked out well so don't worry.

lots of people are very accepting... but on the other hand lots of people
    say nothing to your face, but have plenty to tell to friends and neighbors!
    paula

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If as Paula said she does tell someone just own the situation and act as tho' its no big deal and most likely it won't be.
    I had a friend find out thru another friend and I just told her thats my other side I'm still me.
    Her response was "Oh honey don't worry I think its awesome".

I've found in life that the biggest things we worry about usually never happen. I still don't open the door dressed but have opened it in my long johns which are of the nylon women's type, I usually wear them under my jeans when it's cool out side and especially in the winter time. A package was delivered once and I had my hose and sweat suit on top of them. I opened the door and then thought oh cr-- my toes were wrapped in panty hose n my toes were painted. I stood inside with with the door open just enough to reach out and get the package. The girl that delivers here had to know something was up. We always visit and this time I just reached out and took the package and said think you and she left. Closest I've ever been to being caught. The next time we got a package I was outside and just told her to leave the package in the bed of my pickup truck.
    I bet if you never got a second look all is still well.

My stay at home clothes are jeans and tops.