Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outed while getting a Pedicure

Outed while getting a Pedicure

I've been getting a pedicure once a month for the past year and always get a clear coat. Only at home do I get out the polish and paint my toes. Well I guess I was not diligent enough removing the polish before my last pedicure as the manicurist spotted pink deep in the creases and said, 'OH! you been painting your toes, do you want color today!". All the other women in the nail shop were craning their necks to have a look at my toes, lol. I sheepishly said ,"no just clear please'. Next pedicure who knows I may just have a look at the polishes and pick a color, I can only imagine walking out in flip-flops to allow the polish to dry like on of the girls!

Cheers,
    Amy

Amy,

Don't worry about what the other women think in the nail salon. If you want to get color on your toes, GO FOR IT!

I went for a pedicure at a salon in South Florida, many miles from home. I picked out a nice red color for my toes and the salon technician didn't bat an eye and took care of me. HOWEVER; the minute I walked into the salon every female customer in there stopped talking. I got the distinct impression they were not happy with a male in their domain. Yes, I was in full guy mode. After I got my nails polished I shuffled in my flip flops to the drying table and sat down to wait. While there a young boy asked his mother why did that man have red toes. The mother very quickly told the boy to be quiet. I had to fight to keep from laughing out load at the ridiculousness of their actions.

It was sad in a way since one thing I have enjoyed with trips to the salon is the "girl talk". Alas, it was not to be that time.

Good Luck!

I'd love to get color on my toes, Altaira, but the DADT agreement with my wife has mandated that Clear is the color of choice. Go for it next time if you aren't restricted.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Reality Check
    They usually ask me if I want color but it's a joke. I get clear.

I don't see the attraction of colored toenails. I can't see them with my shoes on. Fingernails would be nice though.

Bright red toe nail polish, black garter-ed stockings, black patent leather 4 inch stilettos. I think we have the makings of a very hot Saturday night outfit!!!!

Silver Member
    You have been "outed" for wearing polish on you toenails. No reason to worry. Enjoy it.

I too was in a nail salon in FL but had a very pleasant experience. I was already sitting in the chair getting a pedicure when one young teenager girl walks in with a friend and her adolescent sister. I thought this is going to be interesting. But the teenage girl walked by, smiled and was seated in the chair next to me. It came time for the polish. I had already chosen a very loud color - almost fluorescent orange/red. As the nail tech was began painting my toes, the teenager turned to me and said she really likes that color and struck up pleasant conversation. They were there with their families on vacation, from OK, etc. After the tech finished painting my toes, the teenager told her tech she wanted that same color. Anyway all three girls said my feet looked great and were super friendly. It was a wonderful experience I thoroughly enjoyed.

I had the toenails painted with color the first time last month and I am due to go again. Honestly, I may try a different place because there were a good deal of comments and chatter about my choice like "Are you sure you really want color" asked like 4 times.

The place was empty except for my SO. I have thought about how I would feel if there were other customers. Probably embarrassing for my SO. For me, I would be a little embarrassed but I wouldn't let it stop me.

Have two nephews that go for pedicures regularly, they say it's less expensive than the podiatrist. They do get color, albeit "manly" color. Have a niece that invites me to go with her, (she knows I CD) and she loves picking our toe color. Wife checks it out when we get home. All she says is, "when we are around people that don't know, you will wear socks." It is getting out though, that the men of our family like colored toes. Maybe we are starting a trend, here in the great north east.

I've been getting pedicures with color for over 15 years now and have never had an issue. When I was working I would go on my lunch hour and wear sandals at work. I was walking to a meeting one day with a couple of lady co-workers when one of them glanced down and noticed my toes - she stopped and exclaimed "You've got polish on your toes!" I simply told her that I enjoyed the look and "why should you ladies be the only ones to enjoy a good pedicure?". She responded that she wished her husband would do it!

I've never felt "out of place" in a salon, and I've been to several over the years. I've been seated next to ladies, and even seated next to men! One guy was taken aback when he saw the tech start to paint my toes - I told him he should give it a try.

I once had a lady positively swoon over the color I had brought with me and she said she wished she could get the same color. I told her where I bought it, and offered my bottle to her - you would have thought I gave her a diamond or something!

The place I go to now I have a guy tech and he has no problem putting color on my toes - he acts like it's something he does all day long!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

I've been getting a French (with pink not beige) for about a year now. I love the way it looks - so clean - no one ever notices or if they do they don't say anything. I think we tend to be self conscious and hesitant about some minor things which can keep us from expressing ourselves fully. I keep my legs shaved too........again, nary an odd glance or comment. Try it you might be surprised.

oh what a missed opportunity, surely the only answer is "yes" for an intrepid space cadet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Heck last pedi the girls asked if want them colored. I said clear and she looked at me and said I thought that you would like color. LOL now had my mani also with tips. My SO has painted my toes with a midnight blue gel. I go to yoga class and now they see my painted toes. She took a picture of my in the yoga headstand and pasted it on facebook. I always have my hair in a pony tail just like all of the other girls there. So, painted toes doesn't seem to bother anyone. My yoga instructor says that her daughter paint her sons toes. She said just rock it. And hoot when you are getting a man and a pedi there are other men who do that also. However most of them are women.
    Part Time Girl

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    The girl that does my pedis was the first to suggest color. Now, I can't leave without it! I had to ask her what she was thinking while she was applying polish to my toes...a big outdoorsman type like me (she really doesn't know how far my "hobby" goes, besides my legs being shaved, and her doing my toes). She told me it was fun, and more guys should learn to cut loose and have some fun once in a while, and that she really enjoyed doing it. I wanted to make sure it wasn't weird for her, because she really is a sweetheart. I know I sure like it! I usually let her choose a few colors, and I pick from them. She already has some Christmas artwork in mind...I can't wait! Oh yeah, it doesn't hurt that my tech is mid 20's and drop-dead gorgeous!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Great thread - I have really enjoyed reading all of the comments! Getting a pedi is definitely at the top of my "to do" list now ...

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Been there. Same thing has happened to me. One time I told them my favorite baseball team is the Rockies, then asked if they would do Rockies color. They did and we all had fun.

Several years ago, when they were visiting during our (Florida) winter "season," ....my grand niece and nephew (from Massachusets) found me "inattentive" on the couch..... as I'd imbibed a bit too much rum during "happy hour". They decided to paint my toenails with outlandish colors...... and the tradition continues to this day. Some day, I suppose, they will outgrow it.... but I won't insist upon that (their outgrowing it!!!).....

I used to do the same thing, Take my polish off before I went, and get clear. Last pedi I left my color on(a light aqua blue). The girl said "I see you have color, so if you would like to pick a color." I picked out a nice ruby red and she never gave me a second look. She did a beautiful job and we had a wonderful conversation. No one in the salon really gave me a second look. I was dressed semi-fem, flip-flops, capris, my legs freshly shaved, and my hair down with my earrings in. Maybe some might not of realized I was male, or at least that's what I'd like to think. Never the less I had a wonderful experience and will go in with color and leave with color from now on. I gave her a real good tip too!

The cat's our of the bag. Why not enjoy yourself and get your toes done properly?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member
    At the nail salon I go to with my wife, the sign on the window says, "for ladies and gentlemen". They know us fairly well now and I always get a different color each time. About half the time, there are other men getting their nails done as well. This is another issue that should be NO BIG DEAL, and the more men, CD or otherwise, that participate, the better.

I haven't had a pedi yet but it is on my bucket list. I do get my nails done -- clear polish as a guy, and pink as a gal. (First time with the pink I got a stern lecture about waiting until they are really dry...) I love stories like this where people can get to know about us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

My Bride and I head out to our favourite salon at least once a month.

The ladies there, both staff and clients, know us and we all have a good time.

I seldom choose a colour, but instead let the staff select the colours used. They usually come up with some great ideas.

Very seldom have there been comments, but on occasion, my bride has noticed some double takes from people on the street.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Ahh pedis with color. I've done it many times, and I'm still alive to tell about it, so no biggie. In fact, I've never gotten clear.

I have a regular salon that I go to, mostly en homme, but sometimes en femme.

I've also "designed" how I wanted my toes painted. Black and orange for Halloween, Green for St Paddy's day, blue for summer, red and green for Christmas.

My favorite was candy cane for Christmas: opaque white with red stripes. My Halloween colors this year are "Candy Corn".

For the Brits and Aussies, Candy Corn is a traditional 5-color Halloween candy: yellow, orange and white.

I've had no problems with other women at the salon, and even got some compliments. One woman said, "You really rock that blue. Blue doesn't look good on me." Made my month.

I do yoga two to three times a week, and if my toes are painted, no big deal.

The real hard work is taking a shower at home without my wife finding out. DADT.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 11-29-2015 at 11:43 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I was rushed into A&E with a bladder infection and the doctor spotted the remnants of the bright red nail polish I had on my toes from earlier in the week. She said Oh it looks like you have been painting your toe nails. I replied quiet straightforward and said yes, pillar box red, modern man and all that. I could see my wife chuckling away to herself behind the doctor. Nothing else was said during my 9 day stay.
    Where there is tea, there is hope.

i do my toes and intentionally wear open toed sandals/shoes when i can to show them off...i think they are gorgeous

i do all my plilates classes barefoot and i must say my pedicure looks as good as everyone elses....i use revlon pure pearl for that sparkly irridescent look...

mmmm...better go and make them look pretty right now