Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outed while getting a Pedicure

I went in for a pedi in drab once and while she was doing her thing she made a joke asking if I wanted color, I replied "Is it cheaper if I decline the polish?". She replied "No", I said well if I am paying for it then I might as well enjoy it and surprise me with the selection of color. I ended up with glitter purple toes...
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

My wife and I frequent our nail salon every 3-4 weeks. Over the course of a dozen plus visits I've only notice a couple of inquisitive looks from other patrons. Often there is at least one other guy getting a mani-pedi the same time we are there.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Wow, reading all these postings, i totally want to go get a pedicure!

I have had french toe pedicures for years.

Jennifer

I was just thinking of going to have my feet and nails done this morning in the drab just to see how it feels, lord know I paid enough for my ex every month to get it done while we were married and that is what I will tell them, it's for me and put some color on them.

I first went to a nail salon with my professional make-up artist accompanying me. We both had mani/pedis. After that, I would go back to the same salon because they already knew me. The other customers seem to ignore me. I always get my nails done a bright red. I get my fingernails done for special occasions and unfortunately have to remove the polish in the morning. The toenail polish remains until the next time it needs to be redone.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I don't see the attraction of colored toenails. I can't see them with my shoes on.
    I don't often get the opportunity for a pedi but... When I DO, I always go for red or fuschia. Sure, for 90% of the short time that my toenails stay painted no-one will see them - not even me. But I still know that they're pretty and that's the attraction.

The nail salon I go to has a card that you get stamped every time you get a pedicure, get ten pedicures and the next one is free, Just got number nine, one more and a free one.. I hope the free one feels extra good. Always get color and a design on your toes, the nail lady's don't care one way or the other, after you get to know them, it is a fun thing to do and talk to them about it. Marshalynn

Well I went in for my monthly pedicure and when the manicurist, a sweet young thang, was finished she asked if I wanted color holding up a bottles of red and pink polish. I sucked it up and told her I'd like pink! She put just as much care in applying the polish as any other customer, base coat of clear, pink lacquer, and a glittery top coat. When she was all done and I was sitting with my toes under a UV lamp drying, in disposable flip flops, a female customer told me my toes, "sure look pretty". Surprisingly I did not feel very awkward.

Cheers,
    Amy

Although still closeted, I do thoroughly enjoy getting my mani/pedis - such a nice treat that appeals to my inner woman. I work in a very conservative office setting, but I'm sure others may have noticed I have manicured nails. I let them grow longer than normal (almost as long as I would like them to be as a woman) but don't have polish put on. I also have them shaped in a "square oval" which is very feminine looking. However the last time I had a pedi, the lady who always does my nails asked me if I'd like pink polish (she does this every time and says "just kidding"). Well this time I asked her to put on clear. She never hesitated and put it on. After I was finished she winked at me and said "pink next time, right?" (along with the "just kidding"). I surprised her by saying maybe. She smiled as did I. I really want to do the pink but not sure how I'd hide from my wife. The clear hasn't been noticed and even if it was I wouldn't be concerned as I would say it was just a coat to keep my nails from breaking. Who knows, maybe I'll get the pink someday?!

bok4fun,,,,,you mean the septic infection i had 16 mos. ago? could have been t5he local hospital though. (not healed YET) Best comment i,ve gotten....in for a blood clot(hormones at home) a nurse tpke my sneakers off, then socks and yelped "What.s that? I said "a foot" when she left5 she said nice nails!!!!!! i laughed for many a day over that. usual comment is "wish MY guy would take care of HIS toes

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I don't see the attraction of colored toenails. I can't see them with my shoes on.
    I can't see the bows on the back of my dress or in my hair, but after getting dressed, I feel good knowing it's there.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Got my first pedi earlier this month and had a gel polish so it will last longer, but also dried immediately, so could still walk out in shoes. Already booked up for a follow up and hoping to be regular.
    I now prefer Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by pennylee View Post
    ...usual comment is "wish MY guy would take care of HIS toes
    That's the most common comment I get whenever I'm getting a mani/pedi and there's ladies in adjacent chairs! I sometimes bring in my own polish for my toes and one lady was so impressed with the color she kept saying "I'd LOVE to have that color on my toes" - so, I handed her the bottle of polish and said "Enjoy! It'll look great on you!"
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

I go in for a mani/pedi every 3 weeks and always have my toes painted. I even bring in my own color choice. I often have woman comment on my color in a positive way and have had a few ask if they can borrow the polish while there. A first I was somewhat uncomfortable, but have learned to man up and enjoy it and had some great conservation and even had one attractive woman hit on me to the point that the attendant working on me was uncomfortable. I do worry that one of these days one of my male neighbors will come in for a haircut. But it is fun, so worth the risk.

I get a pedicure most every month, except during the summer and when on vacation for a month down south. The girl that does my pedicure is very professional and it is in a private setting, away from the mainstream area of the salon. I have always gotten clear polish, but may opt for red this time around since it is going to be before Valentine's Day.

She had told me that guys don't usually have polish put on their toes, so I have shied away from color. But with my shaved legs and such, she probably has an inkling that I may a bit different than the norm. I did go in once with my toes painted red and made up the excuse that my nieces did that to me for fun. Not much was said one way or another other than her asking how old they were.

But, regardless of the color and such, getting a pedicure is very enjoyable and the foot rub that goes with it is wonderful. I will continue to get pedicures on a regular basis, even if I don't get colored toes.

Amy, I think if you get the gel-nail polish it dries pretty much on contact, so no need to walk out in flip flops. Ask the Tech the next time you go in.

This happened to me a few weeks ago. The Salon I get my work done was closed, so I went into another one to buy gift certificates to give as Christmas presents. The young lady who helped me ask if I wanted her to make my nails longer, while there ? Guess just having nice nails, for a guy can draw attention, without polish.

I'd love to get my nails one day, hopefully soon.

Amy, it is worth it. I had my first pedicure last month with two other women in the salon. Shaved legs, for anyone to see, chatted with the ladies and even found the courage to explain that they were witness to an expression of myself that they were the first to be witness to. They were very polite, and supportive. Chose pink and they laughed as I asked for cotton candy pink. "He even knows the name of the color." Was a huge step for me.

I almost didn't ask for the color when the technician said I was done, but I came here to get the entire package. Would have been disappointed had I left without getting color. Can always choose your favorite team or seasonal color to deflect attention.

Hi, i have doing my nails for more than 4 years at the salon, always toes, with nice colors.. red, hot pink, burgundy... and fingernails in the pinks... My wife also goes at the same salon and the girls there now us
    Luciana
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (19.2 KB, 10 views)