Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes the little things mean the most

Gone to live my life

Sometimes the little things mean the most

Hi all,

I have been transitioning in place for just over two and half months now and while I have lived through a few "not so stellar moments" including a recent run in with a few misguided souls in the gym who thought my personal circumstances were a source of private amusement, embarrassment beyond belief by a bar manager in relation to bathroom use, loss of few close friends who thought they could deal but could not, quite a few sideways glances, giggles, guffaws in the world writ large and on occasion being minimalized at work meetings . . . generally, things are slowly becoming the new norm.

For the most part, while it appears most people around me have normalized and accepted the transition on some level which in and of itself is a huge victory, sometimes it is the little things that mean so much and give me pause for thought on just how right my decision to become who I need to be was the right decision. Unbeknownst to me, the women on my floor have an annual tradition this time of year to gather each day and trial a chocolate delight provided in turn by each participant over a span of days equal to the number of women participating. So a few days back I was going through my litany of e-mails when I noticed one subject line which kind of stuck out amongst all the typical work related subject lines . . . "It's that time of year again. Time for chocolate!". Now I thought it was probably our very active social fund folks with an XMAS related event so I opened it expecting such. To my surprise I read the first line which brought a smile to my face . . . "Hello ladies, it is time again for our annual chocolate tasting fun"

Two simple words "Hello ladies" meant so much. Don't get me wrong it could have just been a gesture of being politically correct but as the women on the floor have been very supportive, I like to be optimistic and believe that I have been accepted on some level as a woman by them and not just a guy playing dress-up. It was very heartwarming and naturally I accepted even though I am not a big chocolate fan. Just thought I would share a bit of a feel good moment.

Cheers

Marcelle

Thanks for sharing Marcelle. You deserve to feel good. It sounds like there's been some things happening around you recently.
    Although, not being a chocolate fan? That definitely needs to be looked into...
    Last edited by Nigella; 11-15-2015 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Please don't circumvent the word filter
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Lovely gesture of inclusion and certainly on a personal level gives a sense of warm affirmation that despite the speed bumps along the way you are free and authentic. So good for you!!!

Now on the topic of chocolate... It's a food, a delightful treat, and although somewhat of a chocolate snob, a necessary part of my day.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

That's nice. Take the feel good moments and cherish them.

I know exactly what you are talking about.....getting your real gender reflected back at you after all these years in NOT a little thing... enjoy it and get used to it...its your life now..

i'm sorry you are having some tough moments, i hope it gets better
    I am real

That's a nice affirmation of you be accepted there. Keep smiling.

Affirmation lifts the soul. Hope you always fly high

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    So wonderful to hear that!

Marcelle,

Your not a chocolate fan? That just isn't normal!

Seriously though, its good to hear of an upbeat moment after those recent downers.

Stephanie

Aspiring Member
    They may be two small words for others but they mean so much to us.

So what are you making when your turn comes around?

What Me Worry
    My heart skips a beat when I hear such stories but not liking chocolate seriously
    To Dream The Impossible Dream.
    Full Time 10/1/2012

It's so funny that those little moments make up for so much pain.

We literally go through hell just to be called a lady by someone.

...what a life huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Banned Read only
    M:

Nice story! It is a game of inches, isn't it?

DeeAnn

Gone to live my life
    Hi all,

Thanks for the kind comments and support . . . it was definitely an upbeat moment in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by sterusjon View Post
    Marcelle,

Your not a chocolate fan? That just isn't normal! Stephanie
    Hi Stephanie,

Yeah . . . been that way all my life. Don't get me wrong, I'll eat chocolate but more of a salty person

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne Skye View Post
    So what are you making when your turn comes around?
    HI Cheyenne,

I may not be a big chocolate fan but my wife is, so I do make these treats she likes using dates/roasted pecans and chocolate (milk and white). Basically you remove the date pit, insert a roasted pecan, cover in milk chocolate and drizzle with white chocolate. Easy to make and even though I am not a big fan of chocolate, I can say quite tasty

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    It's so funny that those little moments make up for so much pain.

We literally go through hell just to be called a lady by someone.

...what a life huh?
    Hi Melissa,

Bang on and things can be quite surreal the first time you have your identified gender reflected back in such a nice way.

Cheers all

Marcelle

Hey Marcelle: Thanks for sharing. A definitely a feel good moment for me, so I can only imagine how good it felf for you!! We are all guilty of starring at the vast forest that we miss the small flowers in the undergrowth. Certainly a reason for a little happy dance. You have to celebrate the small victories along the way....
    Enjoy the gatherings!!

And ya, I don't do chocolate, but mostly due to allergies. But, get inbetween me and a bag of chips???...it ain't going to be pretty...
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Marcelle, it's funny how something so simple can negate a painful issue. Acceptance on any level is a milestone, and it feels wonderful. Enjoy!

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Untitled
    A feel good moment with something that makes you feel good
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Gold Member
    This is one of those moments when you go "This is really happening and it is great!". This will be the best chocolate you ever had.

Marcelle,
    I don't know how it is for others but for me those little moments still brighten my day when they occur and I am 2 years fulltime. Enjoy the moments as if they are all sweet chocolate
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Hope times get better for you Marcelle. But Xmas and Chocolate, OH my! Try the one hundred percent Chocolate. you might fall in love with it. So, get as close to test it as you can. Its good for the girls to be social. LOL
    Part Time Girl

I know exactly what you mean. Celebrate your inclusion !
    Suzanne

If the ladies have been supportive, then this is not a gesture for being "correct". I do hope that, in time, a steady diet of female hormones will help you understand the true value of chocolate. On your day to bring the treats, look for dark chocolate with sea salt.

Marcelle, Chocolate is a food group is it not?

Hugs, Bria

That is so cool! So, do you have to make something chocolate or buy it?