Thread: I had great day today at nail salon...

I had great day today at nail salon...

Girls,

Today was the great day today where I dare one great thing today. This Morning I woke up early and put my skinny jeans and girls top and shoes. I went out and on the my way I saw nail spa and I got an idea to dare myself to visit nail salon. I had my ling pink nail polish on my nails and toes. I went in the salon and there were 2 women sitting there and store assistance greeted me and asked "what can I do for you". I was on my girly outfit and shoes. she notices my nail polish. Other ladies were looking at me from their corner of eyes. I told her that I want a manicure and pedicure. Her face god delighted and told me to follow her. I went in and she started doing the stuff. when I removed my shoes she noticed my toe nail polish and asked which color I want. I asked I love light pink with little glitter and shine. she got few colors and I selected one. She started talking to me and I asked her that how often you have male customer for manicure and pedicure. She told me I am the first one for her. I told her what do you think when I walked in for this. She said if you don't mind I think you are gay. I laughed, I said no I am not gay I am a crossdresser I like to dressup. The conversation continued, all new customers where looking at me. The main lady in the salon started talking to other lady in their language and I was able to hear gay word few times.

I was nervous in starting but the lady made me feel relaxed and I told her that I will keep in visiting further.

It was great experience.

I'm glad you had a positive experience. I'm a regular at my local salon. I've been going there for 7 years in both girl & boy mode. If you keep going back, it will become normal & they will always trat you nice.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I’m glad you had a “great experience”. I have been going to salons (2) for pedicures for about five years now (always in guy mode) but always get color or (mostly) French.
    First time I went I was with a GG and have been to both salons with a GG although I usually go by myself. Sexual orientation never came up. Always enjoy getting my Pedi.

Kim, where do you go? I use to go to a salon in Woodruff but now go to a salon in Spartanburg. Typical Pedi is $30.00.

I still need to find a nail salon - glad things went so well for you

I once went in for a pedi in drab,, while she was doing her thing she joked by asking if I wanted color, I replied is it cheaper if I don't and she said no, I said well if im paying for it then yes and surprise me with the selection of color, she gave me glitter purple.
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

Been to the hairdressers a few times, never done the nail salon thing.

I do my own.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I went last month in drab. It's one that I've gone to before. It looked like no one else was there. They had me come back to room for my pedi there was a lady sitting there getting a pedi she reading a book and didn't notice me at first and they sat me next to her. When she looked up and saw and I saw her. Was my neighbor around the corner WE talked a little about why I come there. Told her it was about hang nails I get and the young lady working me said the same thing. After my neighbor left I had clear polish put on. I haven't talk to my neighbor since then.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I go to a local nail salon with my wife very regularly (2-4 weeks between visits) and we both get mani-pedi's with no question at all from our technicians. We always ask for the same tech and sometimes they joke with me about color (my wife almost always gets color). I always get clear on both toes and fingers. One day this winter I expect I'll have them do color on my toes.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I absolutely love going to the nail salon. I always go in drab. I get a french manicure about 1/2 inch long. I have only had compliments while I'm there. I feel so feminine and relaxed while there. I would highly recommend it.

Aspiring Member
    That essential.an excellent day. I have yet to go to one.some day soon I will.

I go every 2-3 weeks for a mani/pedi, en drab, and end up with just clear on my nails. I stick with clear only out of respect for my wife's wishes, but would love to get color done again. I've done the color in the past at a different salon, but stopped after it ending up with an angry spouse.

I always see one of two techs when I go in, and the owner knows me extremely well at this point. The girls are always joking with me about a color, and I joke back, maybe next time. Lol

It's funny how many women I talk to in there that tell me they wish their husbands would come with them to get pedis. This last time, I was having my mani done and clear polish applied while the woman next to me complimented me on my nice hands and feet. She also made the remark that her husband could really use a pedicure for his calluses and "nasty" toenails. I mentioned that I am there every 2-3 weeks, and it is a huge help for my calluses, as well as that I end up with a lot of my stress settling in my calves and feet. The massage, hot stones, and soak is amazing. She said that was going to try that approach with her husband when she got home, and asked me if she could tell him about me to try and convince him to go.

Quote Originally Posted by crossdrezzer1 View Post
    I once went in for a pedi in drab,, while she was doing her thing she joked by asking if I wanted color, I replied is it cheaper if I don't and she said no, I said well if im paying for it then yes and surprise me with the selection of color, she gave me glitter purple.
    The same thing happened to me when I used to go regularly for a facial, mani/pedi, She asked if I wanted my toenails colored and I just replied, as long as its a men's color. A lovely dark blue was the result. I think she liked to see how far she could go sometimes, as one time she asked if I wanted my eyelashes and eyebrows tinted. Given my hair and skin color, it would have looked a bit too un-natural, so I declined. In a parallel universe, I would jump at the chance.

I had my first mani/pedi, en drab 2 months ago and probably my last.
    All nails silvery/blue. My last because it was £51 or $500USA

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_CD View Post
    I had my first mani/pedi, en drab 2 months ago and probably my last.
    All nails silvery/blue. My last because it was £51 or $500USA
    51 pounds would be about $77.50 US at current exchange rates. Yes, a bit high.
    Last edited by Jenn A116; 11-22-2015 at 06:03 PM.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I have a regular place that my SO and I go and they treat me well.

Amy

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I look forward to my pedi's like a schoolgirl! The girl that does mine is lots of fun, and she is also drop-dead gorgeous! She is one of the few in my area that is not Asian. We talk the whole time, and if there are other women in there they never make me feel out of place. I do not dress outside the house, other than underdressing and women's jeans (way more comfortable than men's), so I am all guy in there. I let her choose 3 or 4 colors, and I pick from them. I asked her what she is thinking as she's polishing my toes, a luxury usually reserved for women...she told me she thinks it's really fun, and more men should cut loose and have fun like me...plus it looks much nicer than plain 'ole nails. I wanted to make sure that she was not uncomfortable or feeling weird about it. I do not limit her to "guy" colors...She has done some bright, neons over the summer, and I left in flip-flops for all to see! I don't show them off all the time...not ready for that quite yet. Next pedi is scheduled for next month, and Alyssa already had some Christmas designs planned. I can't wait!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I go for mani-pedi's about once every 6 weeks or so. No big deal anymore. It's grooming. However, I prefer to get mine at a little day spa vs a strip mall nail parlor. It's a little more costly, but the atmosphere and ambiance add to the relaxing experience. I do clear polish, never color.