Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a wedding ring

wedding ring

i worked high voltage and telco wiring. I did not wear a ring while working. once i retired, the wife bought me a nice simple single stone wedding ring i was glad to wear. It got caught in a sliding minivan door, thanks to one of the grand kids, and was cracked. (probably saved my finger from amputation) so at present, i don't have a ring. Marsha does have some nice faux jewelry when she come out in full strenth!

My wedding ring stays on and a CZ enggement ring goes over the top when in girl mode.

Sometimes they are both on an guy mode also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wear my male wedding ring all the time and add in a CZ engagement ring when dressed.
    Where there is tea, there is hope.

Yes, I wear my wedding ring and while out dressed I have a wedding band set that I wear instead of the typical male band.
    I'm proud to be married and want others to know that I am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I wonder how some of you girls know that your wedding rings are "working" and are stopping you from getting hit on?

I wear a band and cheapo engagement ring on the left and another ring on my right ring finger because they seem to soften the effect of man hands.

if they work for us, that's enough.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Aspiring Member
    My wedding ring is slim and has a row of diamonds, so it's pretty unisex. My wife insisted that I have some sparkle too when we married in our mid-late 50s 12 years ago. We met through CD (she holding onto an increasingly loveless marriage to a selfish late-blooming CD who was using it as cover for finally admitting that he was gay; he would have boyfriends over while she was working and call her to tell her how much fun he had, among other amazingly selfish things), via a Yahoo affinity group that liked to get together for nights out. She fell in love with the girl first, then got the boy as a bonus, as she puts it. So when we tied the knot two years after she left him and moved 200 miles to live with me, she insisted that a plain band was not girly enough for me.

I do take it off for certain purposes. To clean it, obviously, but also when I play golf (because it pinches and builds a callus), or work (I have a part-time manual-labor job), or any other time where I might fear losing or damaging it. It goes on the usual finger, although I move it to the right hand when I play guitar. It's also off during makeup sessions and similar things like applying hair mousse, to keep it clean.

I have a number of other rings, including a large cornflower (Kashmir) sapphire (my birthstone) set in a circle of small diamonds that was my grandmother's and fits my left pinky perfectly. I usually wear the wedding ring, the sapphire next to it, and an 18k gold ring with a small ruby on my right ring finger. I have a very cheap (as in Cracker Jacks prize) "engagement" solitaire that I've tried covering the wedding ring, but the contrast between faux and real just doesn't work for me. I have some smaller rings that I used to wear on my right pinky, but I've developed ganglion cysts on that finger and they don't fit any more. I have a nice lost-wax gold band from my first marriage that I wear there now.
    Last edited by Acastina; 11-17-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I wear my wedding ring in all modes, but I do add an engagement ring when dressed femme. For me, it just seems to fit, if you're married, you'd have an engagement ring too?

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I always wear my wedding ring. It's an Irish Cladagh ring and works well whether in Glam or drab. I only take it off to clean it.

My wedding ring never comes off (a promise I made to my wife) unless I'm dressed enfemme. When enfemme I have a costume feminine band and engagement ring that I wear in place of my wedding ring.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I always wear a wedding band and engagement ring on my left ring finger, and transfer my male wedding ring which has some diamonds so not suited as a wedding band on my right ring finger.

Not so much to scare men off but as an expression of being happily married. They also add to my femme appearance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I spent too many years in electronic maintenance in the Air Force. I wear no jewelry at all, except a wrist watch. If I didn't care about the time, I wouldn't wear that.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Banned Read only
    I wear mine 100% of the time but a Wal Mart cheapie girly one when en femme though (love your nails hon but that chunk of steel pipe on your finger is sooo...dude 😳 )

I have only been outside the house once while dressed... today! Anyways, I took it off for pretty much the first time ever because it felt awkward in girl mode, i.e. big chunk of steel. I'd like to do something like what Robin did ^
    Nothing fancy. Although if my wife leaves me after I talk with her next week, it might be a moot point... :rollseyes:

I wear mind on weekends, it is a major safety problem, for my trade so, my SO know i love her, and it been that from day one, i do have a matching CZ set while in female mode. So if i am off on vacation or holiday or weekends my real one is on and proud of it. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    1. if you wear a wedding ring all the time
    Well pretty much all of the time. My wife and I both take off all of our rings at home.

2. if you wear one while out crossdressed but not while in male mode
    No.

3. you take off your wedding ring while out crossdressed
    No.

4. for MtF - do you wear a ring on the wedding-ring finger (if appropriate or if anyway)?
    Are you asking about if people who are single do this?

Hmm.... interesting. Oh yeah, and it has nothing to do with shooing away all of the male admirers I have flocking to me. It is because I am proud that I am married.

I actually have two wedding rings. One is my male ring which I received some time ago, and I love it. It is nice and smooth and practically indestructible. But a few years back my wife gave my the best gift ever! A diamond and sapphire female wedding ring. So I normally just wear the diamond ring all of the time now. I mean come on, we are talking about diamonds here!
    Last edited by Nadine Spirit; 11-18-2015 at 12:32 AM.

this might get interesting. my body rejected rings, watches, anything metal (of a male form) touching my skin. I am wondering if, as if by magic, the ladies' rings and jewels will not be rejected ... fun times ahead!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

A number years ago my wife received a pretty ring with blue stones as a Christmas gift from a cousin. She didn't really like it and asked if I wanted it. () So now I wear it as a wedding ring all of the time. In drab I've had comments about how pretty it is. When dressed, I've been addressed as Mrs. Cook. Once when I was flying pretty a guy asked me if my husband was flying with me. (I did say no...) It was the last empty seat in the section so he took it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I wear my wedding ring in both modes all the time except when my wife cleans it or when I went in for surgery. My wedding ring is a woman's ring. It has six small diamonds in the center with three rubies on each side. My wife's ring has a big ruby in the center surrounded by diamonds.

I have found flashing my ring when getting hit an effective deterrent.

Silver Member
    Fist of all, yes, I wear my wedding ring all the time (unless working with spinning machinery or very high voltage), Male or female. My wife and I got matching rings, so mine is fine either mode.

I would like to get a CZ engagement ring to add. I tried my wifes, and it fits but tight. I would never dare wear it outside. Of course it doesn't fit her anymore, so that diamond now sits in a cup by the kitchen sink. She wears no ring at all anymore.

When I was younger, my single friend would get me out to the strip club occasionally. Girls would spend time with me and not him. I told him the ring was a magnet because married guy are either safe or descrete. I'm pretty sure it was actually that I liked talking with them......hmm Girl empathy?

Now if I take my ring off, you can see the mark clear as day. This would be an advertisement of being on the make ESPECIALLY for women. So that's a BAD idea.

1. if you wear a wedding ring all the time - Yes
    2. if you wear one while out crossdressed but not while in male mode No
    3. you take off your wedding ring while out crossdressed No

4. for MtF - do you wear a ring on the wedding-ring finger (if appropriate or if anyway)? Yes

Also, when out as a girl, I wear a faux (CZ) engagement ring,

I wonder if it's a useful preventative defense mechanism in terms of avoiding advances, or whether that is actually no deterrent at all outside of polite company. I'm curious because I'm thinking of getting one for myself for when out dressed.

thanks

Pamela[/QUOTE]
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Platinum Member
    Hi Pam, Come February second this ring will have been on my third finger of my left hand for 52years,
    and has never been off !!

I have another ring that I put next to it when I'm dressed.~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    No matter how I'm presenting, I'm still married, so the ring stays on. I do take it off if I'm working with machinery, and I switch hands when I perform (violin). It makes sense to me that anyone who sees Tina should know that she is married, as complicated as that may be! I've not added an engagement ring, only because the issue has never come up.

I've never been married but I had to start wearing a wedding ring because when I went to our local group meetings "admirers" were hitting on me like crazy and it stopped once I started wearing the ring. Besides, I always liked the look of the wedding and engagement rings combined, I think it's pretty, and in my little fantasy world I'm married with three kids. Plus, I always felt the only reason I wasn't married in real life was because I am transgender so I thought I might as well do something nice for myself since I couldn't do it for someone else and got the rings.

My last wedding ring had to get cut off so now i do not wear one. my SO has it somewhere

Amy