Thread: Feeling Girly and Femme

Feeling Girly and Femme

This one is more for those that are single, living on their own, and without children. Outside of your wardrobe, have you decorated your place with posters and such to make it feel girly and feminine?
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    No posters. But I do have a collection of Barbie dolls.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not really.
    Its pretty much the same as it was when my ex lived here.
    You will find sale adds and flyers from womens clothing shops or a random nail polish bottle here and there.
    My kitchen is on the girly side and my heating and air repair guy noticed a bag on the kitchen table with make up,nail polish,hair ribbons etc.
    He said I guess your wife or girlfriend has been shopping LOL.
    He asked to use the bathroom one time and its always spic and span and girly hair products,make up remover on the counter. Oh and a pink tooth brush.
    I figure he thinks I live with a woman.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    ...I figure he thinks I live with a woman.
    I suppose you do really!

I have a separate room where I sleep when my wife works weird shifts. That has a very girly look and smell. I give the pillows a little hint of perfume, the little baskets on the dressing table hold various sprays, nail polishes, nail maintenance set and false nails.

The walls are painted in a light jade and there are a few Parisian arty scenes on the walls, plus my dressing gown and nightie hanging on the back of the door.

I love it, as it is my little Palace.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    I live with my daughter. Neither one of us are really into decorating. We have some family photos up and some Disney stuff here and there. But I don't really feel like I have to have a "girly" house to be who I am.

My bachelor flat even when in girly mode is still a cess pit of squalor.

Aspiring Member
    No. However I do buy flowers every couple of weeks.

As much as i would like my place to be girly i just keep it kinda plain and clean .My girly stuff is in the closet
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

To old for posters and such, but my house is clean(dusted, vacuumed, clean windows, etc...) I've gotten comments on how clean it is for a mans home. Some what a mess at times. Don't look under the bathroom sink or in the towel closet, you'd swear a woman lives here, with all the "products" on the shelves, lets not talk about the closets or the drawers. I try to keep things color coordinated as much as possible in pastel shades and some kind of fragrance in the air, also fresh flowers in the spring and summer. I do need some new curtains come spring maybe with a more delicate valance. Maybe a more femme make over next year? Oh yeah I do have a lot of colored glass items(small jars, vials, paper weights, etc..)on my window sills and on shelves. I've gotten the "you would make someone a good wife" comment more times than I can count.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

No posters; art, mostly abstract, along with some line drawings and some old maps. Only sort of girly thing is a large Georgia O'Keefe photo.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

When I was single my room got decorated by my housemates.

They were all girls and I sub let the house to three of them.

They also made sure my wardrobe and drawers had a feminine appearance.

It was hard sometimes finding clothes to wear out as a guy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I figure he thinks I live with a woman.
    And you do!!

Have to agree with Karen
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I have a life sized stuffed Bernese Mountain Dog plush toy on my bed, and I usually have a half a dozen or more other plush toys decorating my bedroom.

Banned Read only
    I had a "The Fonz" poster in my bedroom as a kid!

This thread struck a chord with me. My wife was the decorator and I've changed almost nothing other than appliances and TV's since she died. The decor is very feminine. I did replace the bed spread in my profile pic with a rose comforter. We chose that wall color together and I still have the pink sheets she bought. My crossdressing, while always present to a small degree really evolved after her death. Memories....
    Last edited by JoannaCD; 11-19-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_CD View Post
    My bachelor flat even when in girly mode is still a cess pit of squalor.
    ^this. I don't vacuum nearly as much as I should, and don't dust until I see spider/cob webs in the corners of the ceilings. Decorations? Early train station. The picture I have in frames are of locomotives, cars, and one very old poster of Linda Ronstadt. Nope, nothing girly about my home.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm single and live alone. THE best compliment I have ever received was from a GG friend that told me my place looked like a woman lived there. I just laughed and told her I like to be surrounded by nice things. I made no mention of the Vogue and In Style magazines in the bathroom.

hmmm I have been told that my house is a little on the fem side with mauve curtains and things..